[4 Solutions] How to Find Hidden Files in Folder with Ease
How to find hidden files in folder? Click on this page and learn more information about the solutions to find hidden files. And another file recovery method is also provided.
How do I find hidden files on my PC?
“Help: How to find hidden files in folders? Does anyone know how to find hidden files in the Windows system? I cannot see any hidden folders when I check it on my PC and I can't seem to find any apps that would show hidden files. If anyone can find a way to see the hidden files or app folders through a PC or app, I would appreciate it.”
Are you also like the user in the case and can't see the hidden files? So how to find hidden files in folder ? Don't worry too much, keep reading, you can get 4 effective ways to find hidden files and another way to recover lost files.
How to find hidden files in folder: 4 solutions
How to show hidden files in folder? Multiple options are available. Some of them are very easy to operate, while some of them are a little demanding. You can choose one after reading the solutions below.
Solution 1. Enable hidden files to show in File Explorer
To find hidden files in folder, the most direct way is to enable it to show in File Explorer. Here are the easy steps to do it:
1. Right-click on the Start button to select File Explorer.
2. On the File Explorer page, choose View and tick the box next to Hidden items. Then your hidden files will appear if there is no accident.
3. You can choose Options > View, and check Show hidden files, folders, and drives to get more file viewing options.
Solution 2. Find hidden files in folder with CMD
How to find hidden folders and files? You can use Command Prompt to recover hidden files. But this method requires some knowledge about command prompt and is not easy to perform. You can refer to the tutorial below:
1. Navigate to the Windows search box and input cmd. Choose Run as administrator when you see the Command Prompt.
2. Then you need to input the attrib command like attrib -h -r -s /s /d G:\*.* and remember to replace G with the drive letter of your hard drive where your hidden files are.
3. Wait for the process to end. When the command prompt returns to the original location, it is complete. Then your hidden files will appear in their folders.
Solution 3. Find hidden folders with Registry
To solve how to check hidden files, you can also try Registry on PC:
1. Tap the Windows and R keys. In the Run box, input regedit to launch Registry.
2. Navigate to Computer >HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Explorer > Advanced > Folder > Hidden. Input 1 in the Value data blank to unhide the hidden files. folders, and drives.
Solution 4. Find hidden files in a hard disk
If your files are hidden in a hard disk, you can check the entire hard disk to see if there is a file system error. Then fix it to recover hidden data from hard disk.
1. Open This PC on your desktop. Locate the hard drive where your hidden files are, and right-click on it to choose Properties.
2. Click Tools and press the Check button and select Scan drive to check if there are file system errors.
After the file system errors finish fixing, reboot your PC to see if your hidden files have been recovered successfully.
How to recover files if lost: Easy file recovery tool
If none of the above ways can solve the how to find hidden files and folders in Windows 10 problem, then your files are most likely lost or deleted, not hidden. So you need another method to recover them, such as an easy and good file recovery tool - MyRecover.
MyRecover can help you to recover deleted and lost files from different situations. And it has many shining points like:
● Compatible with Windows OS: Windows 11/10/8/7 SP1 & Server.
● Full type of file recovery: Support more than 200 types of files, like Word file, Excel file, photos, videos, audios, emails, etc.
● Efficient: Recover files with a high recovery success rate and a high recovery speed.
● Recover from different storage devices: SSD data recovery, USB data recovery, HDD data recovery, and more are all supported.
f you cannot see your hidden files, just click on the Download Software button to have a try. Your files will be back with a few clicks.
1. Choose the partition or disk where your files were saved before. And click Start Scan to let it be scanned.
2. Then you can see your hidden files and other missing files after Quick Scan and Deep Scan automatically. You can type your filename in the search box or use the Filter feature to see your files fast.
3. Next, check the scanning result. Then choose a new location to store your recovered files. After that, click on the Recover X files button to recover your hidden files with ease.
4 solutions have been introduced to solve how to find hidden files in folder, and you may find the most suitable one. If you still can not find your hidden files, maybe they have been deleted or got lost. It is advisable for you to use a professional and easy file recovery tool like MyRecover. Then your hidden files will be recovered quickly.