Google Drive Zipped Files Disappear? Here are 8 solutions!
This tutorial will tell you how to recover disappearing Google Drive zipped files and how to prevent the Google Drive zipped files disappear error effectively.
Why is Google Drive not downloading after zipping?
I am trying to download a file that I uploaded to Google Drive from another computer. When I try to download the folder, it says it is creating a zip. Alright. After I wait for the fourth time for the process to finish, it says it is done and then disappears, never to be seen again. I have seen multiple people asking about this, and none of the solutions, such as disabling my ad blocker, seem to work.
As one of the most famous cloud services, Google Drive provides outstanding features so you may choose to upload all types of files to Google Drive including zipped files, Word documents, Excel files, and more. However, it is possible for you to encounter such a situation like that in the user case: your Google Drive zipped files disappear unfortunately! For this, maybe you want an effective way to recover disappearing files and solve the Google Drive file missing issue.
Why is Google Drive zipped file not downloading and getting missing? Sometimes it is because of your incorrect operation steps, or the problem is from incorrect settings and an extension. To fix it and recover your missing files, please read on to get further information.
How to recover disappearing Google Drive zipped files
First of all, we prepared 8 different ways to recover disappearing Google Drive zipped files. What’s more, they are also suitable for other types of files in Google Drive. To retrieve the Google Drive zip missing files, you can follow the detailed steps to have a try.
Way 1. Find your disappearing zipped files in Activity Panel
When your zipped files are disappearing in Google Drive, you can go to the Activity Panel section to find them first. Activity Panel will record all your operations in Google Drive like editing, adding, deleting, and so on. So if you are lucky enough and did not empty your Trash folder, you can find your zipped files here.
1. On the Google Drive website, go to the My Drive section. Then click on the info icon on the top right.
2. Choose Activity on the pop-up window. Then you can check if your disappearing zipped files are here.
Way 2. Recover zipped files from the Trash folder
If your Google Drive zipped files are disappearing because of accidental deletions, it is possible that Google Drive will keep them in the Trash folder for 30 days. You can recover your zipped files from it like recovering deleted files from Recycle Bin on a computer. Let’s see what to do:
1. On the Google Drive page, choose the Trash option on the left panel.
2. If your missing zipped file is here, you can directly right-click on it to choose Restore.
Way 3. Restore zipped file from Admin Console
If you are a G suite user, the administrator is able to recover permanently deleted file in 25 days. To do it, you can refer to the easy guideline:
1. Go to the Google Admin console page and sign into your account. Choose the User option here.
2. Right-click on the user that represents your account, and choose RESTORE DATA on the pop-up menu.
3. You can configure the Date range for your data recovery. Then click on the RESTORE button. Then your data during this period will be recovered to the original location.
Way 4. Let any window pop up
If you did not let any window pop up, please go to the Settings page > Advance > Privacy and Security > Site Settings. Then turn on the Pop-ups and redirects here.
If the option is blocked, click on the Add button next to Allow. Add https://drive.google.com to the allowed pop-ups.
Way 5. Clear browser cache and cookies
You can also try clearing browser cache and cookies manually. Open the Setting page. Then head to Advanced > Privacy and security.
Then choose Clear browsing data. In the next pop-up window, choose Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files, then click on Clear data.
If you need to recover deleted browser history, you can try to use activity history or a professional data recovery tool introduced in the later part.
Way 6. Reset the browser setting
Sometimes, an extension in your browser or incorrect setting can cause errors. Thus, one of the most direct method is to reset the settings of browser. Just go to the Settings page and choose Restore setting to their original defaults under Advanced.
Way 7. Download zipped files in Incognito mode
If there is always error in your browser, try to use the Incognito mode to download your zipped files.
Way 8. Recover disappearing zipped files with a few clicks
If the 7 methods above cannot help you find your disappearing zipped files successfully, maybe you need a professional file recovery tool called MyRecover.
Often, your Google Drive zipped files are uploaded from local storage. Or you may use Google Drive to sync files between the cloud and your computer. As a result, MyRecover can recover lost files from any local storage device including local drives, external hard drives, USB flash drives, SD cards, etc.
- In addition, MyRecover has many wonderful advantages in more aspects:
- Support more than 200 types of data recovery containing zipped files, texts, pictures, videos, emails, and more.
- Available in Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 and Windows Server 2022, 2019, 2016, 2012, etc.
- Keep recovered files with their filename, path, and format.
- Recover data from any situation like recovering from crashed, format, deletion, and so on.
To use such an easy professional data recovery tool to recover your Google Drive disappearing zipped files, please download and install it on your computer first. Then you can do as follows:
1. In MyRecover, click the partition or disk where your Google Drive zipped files were saved before. Then, click Start Scan to let it be scanned.
2. Then you can see your disappearing zipped files and other missing files after Quick Scan and Deep Scan by MyRecover. You can type the filename of a zipped file in the search box or use the Filter feature to find them easily.
3. At last, check the scanning result. You can select a new location to store your zipped files. After that, click on the Recover X files button to recover disappearing zipped files right now.
Tips: How to avoid Google Drive not downloading files after zipping
Since many of you reacted that Google Drive not downloading files after zipping issue, we have prepared some tips for you to avoid such an error. You can check if you need.
Tip 1. Restart your computer
Sometimes the habit of putting your computer on sleep may cause such an issue. When you encounter the situation, the first thing you need to try is to restart your computer, which can solve most problems.
Tip 2. Change a browser
When your Google Drive zipped files disappear and cannot download zipped files, the cause may be related to incorrect settings and extensions of the browser you are using. Thus, changing a browser is also a useful and easy solution.
Tip 3. Leave directly or save changes and download Again
Sometimes, Google Chrome thinks that you are editing something, and you have to make choices for data saving or just leaving.
If you did nothing, just click Leave in the pop-up window. Or click Cancel, save your changes, and download Google Drive zip files again. After that, your zipped files can be downloaded.
To sum up
This article gives you some ways to recover your Google Drive zipped files when you meet the Google Drive zipped files disappear issue unfortunately. 3 tips to avoid Google Drive not downloading files after zipping are also listed. Even you can recover find a lost file on your computer with ease.