Complete Guide: Restore from Cloud Backup - the Easiest Way
If you want to know how to restore from cloud backup, this article will be of great help to you. The tools mentioned in the article are the best tools for computer cloud backup and recovery.
Benefits of Backing Up to the Cloud
More and more businesses will now be using IT services and therefore must use cloud backup to ensure their data is safe and protected. Without protection, then they could lose valuable data due to natural disasters or malware. Some of the benefits of backing up to a cloud service are listed below:
- Reliability. Cloud backup is more reliable than other backup methods such as external disk backup. It is storing the data remotely and you don't have to worry about losing data due to external factors. You can quickly restore the lost data anytime and anywhere.
- Lower cost. Cloud services are less costly compared to acquiring new hard drives. And hard drives are more likely to be stolen or lost. Reducing costs is a goal for businesses of all sizes.
- No access restrictions. Storing your data in the cloud allows you to access your data anytime, anywhere. No need to carry around your laptop or go back to the office to view important files.
- Easy to operate. Cloud backup solutions make day-to-day management and recovery easy. Easily find and restore backed up files with just a few mouse clicks.
There are many cloud storage services available, here we highly recommend Google Drive, Dropbox, Amazon Drive and OneDrive to you, you can download and install their desktop applications to your local hard drive to use them more easily.
In the next section, I will show you how to use the best backup and restore software to backup to and restore from cloud backup.
Best Backup and Restore Software for Cloud Backup
Most of the cloud service desktop applications support you to set up automatic backup of files to the cloud. But you can't choose to back up your system files or your entire hard drive. Here I recommend you a free cloud backup restore software – AOMEI Backupper Standard. Let's see what features this software has.
- Various cloud clients. It supports a variety of cloud clients including Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Box, SugarSync, hubiC and Cloudme. It also supports most NAS devices so you can back up your local folders to Synology.
- Set up automatic backup tasks to the cloud. It allows you to automatically backup files to the cloud with the "Schedule" feature.
- Multiple backup and recovery options. It supports you to backup and restore individual files/folders, system, disk and partition.
- All Windows PC systems. It is compatible with all Windows PC operating systems (Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP, 32-bit and 64-bit).
Download the freeware AOMEI Backupper Standard to have a try:
◉ Preparation for restoring from cloud backup:
- Go to the Backup tab and select a backup method. Create a backup image for the recovery needs. Here is an example of backing up your system to OneDrive.
- You can go to the Tools tab and use the Create Bootable Media tool to make a recovery media in case the computer fails to boot.
- If the system crashes without any backup or bootable media, you can also create them on another working computer and then restore to the problematic computer using the Universal Restore (supported in Professional) feature.
◉ How to restore from cloud backup with AOMEI Backupper:
With a system backup on your cloud, you can use AOMEI Backupper to restore backup from OneDrive, the same is true to restore backup from Google Drive.
- Launch this freeware. Click Restore at the left side. Then, click Select Task or Select Image File to find the image.
- Select the system backup you store in OneDrive cloud in the following window and then click Next.
- Then, select to restore the entire backup or a part and click Next.
- Then, click Start Restore to execute the progress. When the progress reaches 100%, click Finish to exit.
Note: If the system image was created on another computer with different hardware, you will need to check "Universal Restore" to ensure that the computer will boot after recovery.
Wrapping Things Up
After reading this article, you can know how to restore from cloud backup. The software provided for you in this article will not only help you backup and restore, but also provide you with cloning and synchronization features.
If you want to upgrade your hard drive, you can also use it to migrate your system and data. It guarantees that you will not experience any data loss during the migration process and that you will be able to boot safely from the cloned disk.