Scenario: photos are permanently deleted from laptop
“Deleted photos permanently. How can I retrieve photos that I mistakenly deleted?? They asked did I want to permanently delete them and I clicked 'yes'!!! They were too large to go to recycle bin and therefore the restore option has not worked!!! Please help!”
Just like this user, we can delete documents, pictures, videos and so on from our laptop or desktop by accident. It is easy to restore the deleted photos if they still lie in the Recycle Bin. What if they are permanently deleted and can’t be found in the Recycle Bin any more? How to recover permanently deleted pictures from PC? You may read on.
How to recover permanently deleted pictures from laptop easily?
First, you should stop using your laptop immediately after data loss. Otherwise, the deleted files will be overwritten. Then, you can use one of the following solutions to retrieve your lost pictures/photos:
Solution 1: recover permanently deleted pictures with a backup
If you are running Windows 10 and have made a backup with File History, then you can learn how to recover deleted photos from laptop in Windows 10 below. If you are running Windows 7, please turn to how to recover permanently deleted files in Windows 7.
1. Tap the Search button on the taskbar and type “file history” in the search box. Select Restore your files with File History from the search results.
2. In the pop-up window, choose what you want to restore by clicking your way through the libraries, folders, and files until you spot the pictures you’d like to restore.
3. Move forward or backward in time to find the version you’d like to restore.
4. Click the Restore button to restore your desired version of the pictures.
Note: If Windows notices a naming conflict with the items you’re trying to restore, you should choose how to handle the conflict—Replace the files in the destination folder, Skip these files, or Let me decide for each file.
5. Close File History.
Solution 2: recover permanently deleted pictures without a backup
If you haven’t got a backup, you will need professional data recovery software to get back your pictures/photos. Recoverit Pro is such a tool which enables you to recover all kinds of lost files from your computer, including videos, pictures, documents, audio files, emails, etc. I’ll show you how to recover permanently deleted photos from computer via Recoverit below:
1. Install and run Recoverit. Select the “Deleted Files Recovery” mode to start.
2. Select a location where you lost your pictures and click “Start” to begin to scan for your lost data.
3. Wait for the scanning process to be done. The results will be automatically organized in file types under the “Files View” tab. Navigate to the pictures you want to retrieve, check them and click “Recover”.
4. Select a path to save the recovered pictures and click “Recover” again to begin the recovery process. It is recommended not to save the pictures into the hard drive where you lost them.
Tips: If you cannot find your desired pictures, you can try “All-Around Recovery” for deeper scan.
More reliable way to protect your precious pictures/photos
You may discover that it costs less time and energy to recover permanently deleted pictures from laptop with a backup than without a backup. You get the importance of performing backups regularly.
In addition to Windows inbuilt backup tools, I’d like to recommend a more advanced backup utility—AOMEI Backupper Standard to you. It offers you four types of backup: System/Disk/Partition/File Backup, which can meet your different needs. With the Schedule feature, you can set your backup tasks to run daily/weekly/monthly. You are also allowed to do incremental and differential backups to improve the backup efficiency. What’s more, it’s free! Just download this freeware to have a try.
To backup your pictures/photos, you can:
1. Perform file backup to create an image file for the pictures/photos. When they are deleted mistakenly, you can restore them from the backup image.
2. Perform file sync to copy them to another place. You can copy them back directly if they are lost in the original place.
To sum up
Now you know how to recover permanently deleted pictures from laptop easily. Either a backup or a specialized data recovery utility can give you a hand. AOMEI Backupper can not only be used as photo backup software but also free SSD migration tool. Don’t hesitate to try it out!