The Best Free PC Cloud Backup Software
You can learn the brief introduction of cloud backup and the best free PC cloud backup software as well as the step-by-step tutorial for PC cloud backup. Keep reading for more detailed information.
The Brief Introduction of Cloud Backup
Cloud backup is a backup method of backing up data on the cloud by means of cloud storage. Nowadays, more and more users prefer to perform the cloud backup. And this article summarizes the several advantages of the cloud backup as follows.
- Make data more secure: Many people will choose to backup files to an external hard drive. But if the external disk encounters theft or a natural disaster, then your data will still be lost. If you backup to the cloud, you don't have to worry about that.
- Support for multi-platform management: If you back up your data to the cloud, then as long as there is an internet connection. You can access that data in the cloud anytime, anywhere.
- More reliable data transfer encryption: Since cloud backup is not limited by space and devices, and no data cable is used, and no backup to memory card is required. Therefore, data transfer encryption is more assured.
Why Need PC Cloud Backup Software?
After understanding what cloud backup is and the benefits of cloud backup, you will need a cloud backup software if you want to accomplish your cloud backup goals. Common cloud drives like OneDrive, GoogleDrive, etc which come with computer applications can help you sync files to the cloud.
But if you need to backup your entire Windows system or disk to the cloud, these applications can't do it. Therefore, you need a professional PC cloud backup software with more powerful features to help you achieve the goal.
You can continue reading the content of the following article, which will introduce a powerful PC cloud backup software for you. You can use this software not only to backup important files to the cloud, but also to backup your entire disk or your Windows operating system to the cloud.
The Best Free PC Cloud Backup Software
Next, this article will introduce you the best free PC cloud backup software - AOMEI Backupper Standard. As a professional backup software, it covers the main functions of system backup, disk backup, file backup and partition backup to meet your different backup needs. It has a simple and easy-to-understand interface that helps you complete cloud backup in just a few simple steps. It also has the following advantages.
- Scheduled backups: It allows you to set different backup frequencies including Daily, Weekly and Monthly. The software will automatically backup your PC to the cloud according to this frequency.
- Incremental backup: When you run a scheduled backup, the software will automatically choose the incremental backup method for you. This method only backs up what is added or modified, so it improves backup efficiency and saves space in the cloud.
- Multiple clouds: It supports backing up PCs to multiple clouds, such as OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
- Different backup destination paths: Besides supporting backup PC to cloud, you can also backup PC to USB drive, NAS, network share, etc.
- Various Windows systems: It has good system compatibility and supports many different Windows operating systems, including Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista, etc.
The Step-by-Step Tutorial for PC Cloud Backup
You can follow the graphic tutorial below to start backing up your PC to the cloud with this best free PC cloud backup software - AOMEI Backupper Standard to backup your system or entire disk to different clouds. The following steps take the example of backing up Windows system to OneDrive. You can choose different cloud drives according to your own needs.
Download this best free cloud backup software and then install it. You are ready to start the backup process. If you are a Windows Server user, you can pick AOMEI Backupper Server.
Step 1. Open the best free PC cloud backup software, and click Backup > System Backup.
Step 2. The software will automatically select the system -related partitions as the source data. You only need to choose a destination path.
Step 3. Select the OneDrive folder as the destination path to save the Windows system image backup. OneDrive desktop folder is usually located in C:\Users\UserName\OneDrive.
Step 4. Confirm all your operations and click Start Backup to perform PC cloud backup.
- Options: You can write comments to distinguish your different backup tasks or Set an email to remind you that the backup task has been completed.
- Schedule Backup: You can set the fixed intervals to backup system automatically, including Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Event trigger and USB plug in. The last two are available in the Pro version.
- Backup Scheme: You can select different backup methods (Full/Incremental/Differential). Differential backup method are easier to restore and you can enjoy it by upgrading to the advanced version. After upgrade, you can also enable automatic backup cleanup service to cleanup older backups regularly.
To Sum Up
This article introduces what is cloud backup, the advantages of cloud backup and the best free PC cloud backup software. AOMEI Backupper Standard not only helps you backup your computer to the cloud for free, it also allows you to choose different backup frequencies yourself to run backup tasks automatically.
It supports multiple clouds and multiple backup destination paths. You can use this software in different Windows operating systems as well. The interface of this software is easy to understand, so even if you are a computer novice, you can follow the corresponding operation prompts to complete the backup process.
Moreover, it is also an excellent restore software. When your system accidentally encounters problems and becomes unusable, you can use the system backup image file in the cloud to perform a quick restore. Even if you want to restore your system backup file to a computer with different hardware, its Universal Restore feature can easily help you achieve the goal. It has many more useful features and you can download this software to explore them by yourself.