MSI Recovery System Not Working? Find Solutions Here!
Some users have reported problems with MSI recovery system not working. How to deal with this problem? This article will help you deal with it and provide you with a reliable way to recover your system.
What is MSI Recovery System?
MSI Recovery System are built-in tool designed to restore an MSI computer system to its factory settings. Once you have created the recovery media using MSI Burnrecovery, you can use it to perform system recovery.
The Recovery System feature of MSI allows users to easily restore their systems in case of system failure, virus infection or other similar problems without having to reinstall the operating system and all software from scratch. This saves users a lot of time and effort and helps to ensure that their systems are running in top condition and free of any issues that may have caused problems in the past.
User Case: MSI Recovery System Is Not Working
“So I have decided to factory reset my laptop (GP63 Leopard 8RE). My laptop was bought in with Windows 10 installed. I have upgraded to Windows 11 for a while now. I have once tried to factory reset my MSI laptop when I was using Windows 10, and it works perfectly. Now that I have upgraded to Windows 11, and try to do the same thing, it just goes back to this advance startup (as if MSI recovery doesn’t support it anymore). What can I do”
- Question from Reddit
What should you do if you, like this user, have encountered the problem that the MSI recovery system is not working? Read on if you want to know the answer!
How to Fix: MSI Recovery System Not Working
According to the solutions collected from forum users about this “MSI recovery system stuck” problem, most of them think that clean installation can solve this problem, as shown in Method 1. But a clean install may cause you to lose all your precious data and settings. So, if you want to keep them, you can also try method 2.
Method 1. MSI Clean Install via Media Creation Tool
When you reinstall Windows, everything stored on you will be deleted and a new version of the Windows will be installed. It is recommended to back up important files before reinstalling OS.
- Boot your computer from Windows 11/10 installation disc. Or you can download a Windows 11/10 ISO file and then boot from the file.
- In Windows Setup window, enter your language and other preferences and click Next. Then, click Install now.
- Then, you’ll be asked to activate Windows. Enter your product key or click I don’t have a product key if you’re reinstalling Windows.
- Select the operating system you want to install and click Next.
- Then, you will be asked to choose the type of installation. Choose Custom: Install Windows only (advanced).
- Select the drive where you want to install Windows and click Next. Wait for the installation process to be done.
Method 2. Restore MSI with Recovery USB Creator
As you can see from the above methods, if you don’t have a Windows installation disc, it’s of importance to create a bootable media to help you solve MSI Recovery System not working issue. If you have an MSI recovery USB and a system backup in advance, you can easily get your computer back to earlier state while keeping all the data safe.
AOMEI Backupper Standard, as one of the best bootable media creator, allows you to create both Windows PE (WinPE) and Linux kernel based bootable media easily, to be used as rescue media for emergency usage. It supports all file system including FAT32/FAT16/NTFS/EXT2, etc. And Windows OS like Windows 11/10/8/7/XP/Vista. Meanwhile, the created media is compatible with both legacy/MBR and UEFI/GPT.
Next, I will show you how to create a bootable USB via AOMEI Backupper step by step.
- Download the freeware, install and launch it.
- In the left panel of this program, click Tools -> Create Bootable Media.
- Choose the type of emergency bootable disc that you are trying to create. It’s recommended to select Windows PE, which is suitable for everyone and offers you more operations than Linux.
- Select USB Boot Device and then click Next to move on.
- When the process is complete, click Finish.
I believe that after you read this article, the problem of MSI system recovery not working has been solved. Both method one and method two will use bootable media. If you use method one to create bootable media, then this USB cannot be used as a storage function afterwards. But if you are using the second method, your USB can also store other files.
Choosing the right recovery system for MSI devices is critical to ensure that in the event of any software problems or hardware failures, the device can be restored to its original state. AOMEI Backupper Standard is your best choice to help users avoid costly repairs, protect their data, and ensure that their devices remain functional and reliable over time.