How to Perform MSI GF 65 SSD Upgrade Step by Step
You can learn is MSI GF 65 upgradable and how to perform MSI GF 65 SSD upgrade. It will also include the stepwise guide to achieve the goal. Keep reading for more details.
Is MSI GF 65 SSD Upgradable?
If your computer is an MSI gaming notebook, then you may like most users want to know whether the MSI GF65 can be upgraded, and how to upgrade the MSI GF65 SSD. First of all, the MSI GF65 SSD is upgradeable. Usually, most users will perform MSI GF65 thin SSD upgrading in the following two situations.
- Insufficient storage space: MSI gaming notebooks usually come with a 1T hard drive, and some of them come with a small 120GB or larger SSD pre-installed, so you may want to do an MSI notebook SSD upgrade due to lack of space.
- Improve performance: If your MSI gaming laptop is slowing down, you may also want to upgrade the hard drive to make it run faster.
How to Perform MSI GF 65 SSD Upgrade
After understanding the reason, you can read the article to learn how to upgrade the MSI GF65 SSD. In order to facilitate your MSI laptop hard drive replacement, it is recommended that you try a safe and professional disk cloning software - AOMEI Backupper Professional.
It allows you to replace the MSI hard drive through the function of disk cloning. The cloning process allows you to keep everything on the MSI hard drive intact to the new disk. This software has compatibility and is suitable for various operating systems such as Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP.
- Secure boot: After cloning, you can boot your computer directly from the cloned SSD.
- Intelligent clone: By default, the intelligent clone feature will only clone the used sectors of the source disk, so it can also easily clone a larger HDD to a smaller SSD if you need to.
- Sector by sector clone: You can use this feature to clone all partitions on the source disk, whether they are used or not. This feature is only available when the destination disk is larger than or equal to the source disk space.
- VSS Service: This software supports VSS service, so your cloning tasks can be performed in the background without closing any applications you are using.
- SSD alignment: When you clone an SSD, this function can help you speed up the read and write functions of the SSD and make it perform better.
Stepwise Guide to Perform MSI GF 65 SSD Upgrade
Before starting cloning, you need to complete the following preparations to facilitate subsequent work. After completing the following preparations, you can follow the graphic tutorial to start the operation.
- Connect the new SSD to your computer and make sure your computer recognizes it.
- Make a backup of important files in the target SSD, because the content of the target disk will be deleted during the cloning process.
- Download and install this professional disk cloning software - AOMEI Backupper Professional. If you are a Windows Server user, you can try AOMEI Backupper Server.
Step 1. Open AOMEI Backupper Professional, install it, and open it. Click Clone > Disk Clone.
Step 2. Choose your old HDD as the source disk.
Step 3. Choose your SSD as the destination disk.
Step 4. Tick SSD Alignment to make the disk’s reading and writing speed faster. Confirm your operations and click Start Clone.
This article introduces whether MSI GF65 can be upgraded and how to upgrade MSI GF65 SSD. When you upgrade to SSD due to insufficient storage space, want to improve performance, or other reasons, you can use the professional disk cloning software AOMEI Backupper Professional to help you achieve your goal. You can choose to clone only used sectors or sector by sector according to your needs. It also supports many different storage devices and operating systems.
In addition, you can also use this software to backup, restore, wipe disk, create bootable media, create a recovery environment, and other functions to help you protect data security in all aspects. You can download this software to explore more.