"Hello! I recently bought an SK Hynix Gold S31 SSD to replace my main old HDD in my PC. When I plugged it in to clone the old drive over to the SSD my bios froze and displayed an error reading the drive. I've tried many things but nothing works. Therefore, I plan to re-clone my HDD to the SSD, hoping that the SSD will boot my computer successfully after cloning. So, is there any good and reliable SK Hynix cloning software you can recommend to me? Thank you!”
If you also need to clone your old HDD to a new SK Hynix SSD, this article will introduce you 2 SK Hynix SSD cloning software. You can read on for more details.
Use SK Hynix System Migration Utility to Clone Disk
The SK Hynix System Migration Utility is a cloning software which can quickly and efficiently transfer the Windows operating system and user data to SK Hynix SSD. It can also automatically resize partitions to fill cloned disks and align them for best SSD performance.
Here are specific steps:
Step 1. Download SK Hynix System Migration Utility, install, and open it. Click Start > Next.
Step 2. In the Configuration window, you can select the source disk and destination disk. Then click Next.
Step 3. On the Clone Summary page, you can confirm your operations and click Start.
It can meet your basic needs for cloning a hard drive to an SSD. At the same time, you need to pay attention to some problems may occur when you use it:
- SK Hynix device can’t be found.
- Transfer speed is too slow.
- The cloned disk can’t boot the computer successfully after cloning, etc.
Use the Best SK Hynix SSD Cloning Software to Clone Disk
Therefore, if you want to avoid these possible situations mentioned above, you can choose a more secure and reliable software, for example, AOMEI Backupper Professional. It is a powerful disk cloning software can not only meets your needs of disk clone but also provides partition clone for a wide range of users. As a professional cloning software, it also has some advantages below:
- Ensure secure boot after cloning: After cloning the disk, you can boot your computer successfully with the cloned disk.
- Intelligent clone: Under the default mode, it only copies the used sectors and you can easily clone a larger HDD to a smaller SSD if you need.
- SSD alignment: It can accelerate the reading and writing speed while you clone a disk to an SSD, just like SK Hynix SSD.
- Multiple SSD types and brands: It supports various types of SSD (SATA, NVMe, PCIe, M.2, U.2, etc.) and different SSD brands (Intel, Samsung, Crucial, etc.)
- Different system: It supports Windows 11/10/8/7/XP/Vista, etc.
You can follow the graphic tutorial below:
Step 1. Connect SK Hynix SSD to your computer. Download AOMEI Backupper Professional, install, and open it. Click Clone > Disk Clone.
Tip: The Professional edition supports cloning both data disks and systems disks from MBR to MBR/MBR to GPT, or GPT to GPT/GPT to MBR. If you only want to clone data disks, you can pick the complete free Standard edition.
Step 2. Choose your old HDD as the source disk.
Step 3. Choose your new SK Hynix SSD as the destination disk.
Step 4. Confirm your operations and click Start Clone.
- Edit Partitions: You can change the partition size using this feature.
- Sector By Sector Clone: It will clone all sectors, whether they are used or not. And it is generally available for cloning to disks of the same or larger size. So you can clone disk to larger disk easily.
When you need to replace your old disk with a new SSD, such as SK Hynix SSD, you can choose any one of the two SK Hynix SSD cloning software. I would like to recommend you to use AOMEI Backupper. It has a faster transfer speed. The cloned disk can boot the computer successfully. It supports various disk types and operating systems.
Besides, it is also a good backup software, its system backup, file backup function can help you backup your important data before cloning the disk. If you want to know more, please download and explore it by yourself!