About PC Auto Backup
PC Auto Backup is a program developed by Samsung Electronics to help users transfer photos, videos, and movies, etc from a digital camera to the computer. It is usually preinstalled with various Hewlett-Packard computers and the most used version is 184.108.40.206, with over 98% of all installations.
It allows you to schedule a task on boot with the help of Windows schedule task and background controller service. And it adds a Windows Firewall exception and transfers files wirelessly. Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 are supported.
Transfer Photos Wirelessly with PC Auto Backup Samsung Camera
Here take SH100 digital camera and PC Auto Backup as an example and transfer photos from camera to computer safely:
1. Power off your SH100 digital camera and connect it to your computer using a USB cable. Then, power it on and you will see the Intelli-Studio pop up on the computer. Click Run iStudio.exe.
2. Close the window until you see the Install PC Auto Backup Program window, and click OK to confirm you want to install a program on the computer to use the Auto Backup feature. Just install it as you were installing any other app.
3. Set a server name (eg: My Auto Backup) for the PC auto backup task and then click OK to keep the default location to receive photos. And you can also select a new one.
3. Disconnect the SH100 digital camera and it will power off automatically. Turn it on and press the Home key.
4. On the Smart Touch 3.0 menu, select the Auto Backup icon. Click the Search icon to find the wireless network you share with your PC and enter the password.
5. On the Connect to Backup Server, click the backup server - My Auto Backup and then Confirm to execute Samsung PC auto backup. Afterward, it will start to send files to your computers.
Powerful Way to Transfer Photos Automatically
Except for the PC Auto Backup program, you still can use powerful software - AOMEI Backupper Standard to perform automatic backup and transfer photos from camera to computer automatically. You just need to connect the Camera before the scheduled task starts.
- It supports 3 schedule sync modes, including such as daily, weekly, and monthly.
- It will wake the computer to run scheduled tasks automatically 2 minutes before starting.
- It allows you to choose if you want to sync the deletions from source directory to destination.
Please download it to have a try! Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, XP, and Vista are supported. For server users, try AOMEI Backupper Server.
1. Connect the camera to your computer, it can be SH100 digital camera or another series.
2. Install and launch AOMEI Backuppr Standard, click Basic Sync under the Sync tab.
3. Click Add Folder to select all the photos you want to transfer to computer. Then, click where the arrow points and select a local path to receive your camera photos.
4. Click Schedule Sync and select Daily, Weekly, or Monthly after enabling it. Note it requires you to connect the camera manually before the scheduled task starts.
- The Event triggers and USB plug in are premium features on the Professional version or higher. Note the second option is only available in copying USB flash drive or files on it automatically.
- Tick Wake the computer to run scheduled tasks if you don't want to run this software manually, especially during off-peak hours.
- You can also click Options to enable email notification, delete files from source directory to destination, etc.
5. Confirm you add all the photos you want and click Start Sync to perform auto PC backup.
The Need to Backup PC Files Automatically
The PC files are as important as photos in the camera, it may be your family photos, movies, documents, etc. So it is necessary to backup PC files automatically. In fact, Windows comes along with two backup software and both of them help you auto backup PC files.
- Select Backup and Restore (Windows 7) if you want to backup files along with system partition. If you are sure to include the operating system, you need to know it will use much more space.
- Select File History if you just want to backup user files in the computer.
Then, follow the screen to run auto PC backup. Here take Backup and Restore (Windows 7) as an example. To backup user files only, please refer to backup specific folders in Windows 10.
1. Input backup in the Windows search box, and choose Backup settings > Go to Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
2. Click the Set up back-up button.
3. Select the internal or external hard drive to save the auto PC backup. To backup Windows 10 to network drive, click Save on a network...
4. Tick Let Me Choose option. You can select files or folders you want and whether to include a system image.
5. Choose the data files and the partition(s) you would like to backup, and hit Next. You can also tick the Include a system image of drives... to create a system image as well.
6. By default, Backup and Restore (Windows 7) backup PC files at 7:00PM every Sunday. If you want to backup files more or less frequency, click Change schedule to modify the schedule settings. And then, click Save settings and exit to start the auto PC backup.
Then it will create PC auto backup files at a specific time. As time goes by, you may encounter the backup disk full issue. And it does not offer you an automatic way to get it done.
So if you want to manage backup and disk space in a professional, try the advanced edition of AOMEI Backupper Standard - AOMEI Backupper Professional or higher. And in this software, you can choose to sync or backup PC files to internal/external disk, network drive, NAS, cloud drive, etc.
You can easily transfer photos wirelessly with Samsung PC Auto Backup Program and AOMEI Backupper Standard. The second one is easier and more powerful. You just need to connect the camera once and this software will take care of the rest of the steps, no need to power off and on the camera repeatedly.
At the same time, you still can use it to sync or backup PC files for disaster recovery. And it provides users with a real auto backup feature - Schedule Backup instead of just name it. You can choose to run the backup task daily, weekly, or monthly. Besides, its advanced edition still helps manage disk space automatically for new backups.