Easily Migrate Windows 11 to SSD without Reinstalling
You can learn an easiest way of migrating Windows 11 to SSD. It’s using a professional disk clone software.
“I build this PC a couple of years ago, and accidentally installed Windows 11 on to hard drive, rather than my SSD. I only learned about this recently, as my system has been frequently slowing to a crawl, my C: disk getting stuck at 100% usage basically rendering my system unusable for up to half a minute at times. It's extremely frustrating. Now, I want to migrate Windows 11 to SSD. Is there a way to do this without installing the system? Thanks a lot.”
There may also be some users who installed Windows 11 on a hard drive by accident. Then they would like to migrate the system from HDD to SSD. So, this article offers the easiest way to migrate your Windows 11 to SSD without reinstalling the system. You can read below for more details.
Reasons for Migrating Windows 11 to SSD
Windows 11 is an operating system developed by Microsoft. It was officially released on June 24, 2021. With Microsoft making Windows 11 the next-generation operating system, many users are choosing to update their systems to Windows 11. At the same time, many users also want to migrate Windows 11 from HDD to SSD. This is mainly attributed to two reasons.
- Improve performance: It can greatly improve boot speed and overall system performance.
- No need for a clean install: You will get a complete copy of windows 11 without changing any of your files, programs, and settings.
How to Move Windows 11 from HDD to SSD in Easiest Way
To migrate Windows 11 to SSD without installing the system, you can choose a professional disk clone software - AOMEI Backupper Professional. It includes disk clone, system clone, and partition clone. There are some of its advantages below:
- Intelligent clone: Under the default mode, it only copies the used sectors and therefore you can easily clone a larger HDD to a smaller SSD and boot from the cloned SSD successfully.
- SSD alignment: It can accelerate the reading and writing speed while you clone a disk to an SSD.
- Live clone: It can operate the disk clone task in the background without affecting the normal use of a computer.
- Sector by sector clone: It will clone all sectors, whether they are used or not.
- Multiple SSD types and brands: It supports various types (SATA, NVMe, PCIe, M.2, U.2) and brands (Samsung, Seagate, WD, Intel, etc).
- Different systems: It supports Windows 11/10/8/7/XP/Vista, etc.
That’s all for disk cloning software. Then, please keep reading below, and I will show you the specific steps to migrate your system to SSD with these two different functions separately. You can choose them according to your own needs.
- If you want to clone the system disk with all partitions included, you can use disk clone feature.
- If you only need to migrate OS to SSD, then choose system clone feature.
Preparation before Cloning
Before you start cloning Windows 11 to SSD with AOMEI Backupper, you need to do some preparatory work.
- Obtain an SSD with the correct form factor and interface: Most laptops have 2.5-inch drives with a thickness of 7 or 9.5 mm and different interfaces such as SATA, IDE.
- Check the space used for HDD and SSD: You need to make sure your SSD has more space than the total amount of the OS and other related drives you want to migrate.
- Make sure that your SSD can be detected: You need a SATA-to-USB adapter or an M.2 to SATA or M.2 to PCIe adapter, which depends on the disk interface.
- Clean up the disk to get more space: You can uninstall some software and clear out unneeded files.
- Backup important files in advance: Since the target disk will be completely overwritten during the cloning process.
Migrate Windows 11 to SSD
You will use AOMEI Backupper for migrating Windows 11, and you can follow the graphic tutorial for details.
Step 1. Connect the SSD to your computer. Download AOMEI Backupper Professional, install and open it. Click Clone > Disk Clone.
Step 2. Choose your previous hard drive as the source disk that you want to clone, then click Next.
Step 3. Select the SSD as the destination disk, and click Next.
Step 4. Tick SSD Alignment to accelerate the reading and writing speed of the SSD disk. Then, click Start Clone.
Migrate Only OS to SSD in Windows 11
Step 1. Connect the SSD to your computer. Download AOMEI Backupper Professional install and launch it. Choose Clone > System Clone.
Step 2. Select the SSD as a destination location and click Next.
Step 3. Confirm the operation and click Start Clone.
When you need to migrate Windows 11 to SSD, AOMEI Backupper Professional can help you achieve the goal easily. If you want to clone the whole disk, Disk Clone is a good option. If you just want to clone the system, you can certainly choose the System Clone feature.
In addition, this software also provides system backup, disk backup and other related functions that can help you to backup your computer or important files and data before cloning. So, don't hesitate to download and use it!