Synology Data Replicator’s life span has come to an end
People used to backup their data to Synology NAS location using Synology Data Replicator. However, Data Replicator has not been updated since 2013 and the download links have been removed. Therefore, you are likely need to download a Synology Data Replicator alternative.
Synology Data Replicator replacement free
Windows Backup is good enough to create local backups, but it is a little bit problematic when it comes to NAS backup. In that case, you can find an easy-to-use backup tool AOMEI Backupper Standard that handles NAS, external hard drive, and local disks and other storage devices well.
To meet all users’ needs, AOMEI Backupper allows you to create image backup of entire hard drive, operating system, partitions, files and folders. In case you forget to backup, you can create multiple daily/weekly/monthly automatic backups. Furthermore, incremental backup and differential backup are also included.
How to create backup to Synology NAS
With the concise interface, AOMEI Backupper make everything easier. You needs only a few steps to set up a full system backup to Synology NAS. Let’s see how it goes.
1. Download the free alternative to Synology Data Replicator for Windows 10/8/7.
2. At the start screen，click “New Backup” or “Backup”, and then click “System Backup”. If you need to create other kind of backup, you can also select “Disk Backup”, “Partition Backup”, or “File Backup” according to your needs.
3. The program will automatically include the required items for a system restore as the backup source in Step 1. You need to kust click “Step 2” to specify the Synology NAS as the backup destination.
4. In the next screen, you can click “Share/NAS” and then “Add share or NAS device” to select your NAS drive.
5. You can click “Schedule” and “Backup Options” to see more options. After that, click “Start Backup” to run the backup.
This image backup, block by block, will soon be finished. When the backup completes, you can create a bootable media using a CD or USB disk, so you are able to restore system when it crashes. If you afraid of losing data, you can download Synology Data Replicator alternative and start to create a backup.