Synology Data Replicator’s life span has come to an end
Synology Data Replicator is a free-license PC backup software, which can help you backup PC data, Outlook, and Outlook Express email to Snology DiskStation. It has three backup modes, including Immediate, Sync, and Scheduled. And you just need to install it on your computer, then it will automatically backup your data as long as there is an internet connnection.
However, Data Replicator has not been updated since 2013 and the download links have been removed. Therefore, you may need to download a Synology Data Replicator alternative.
Synology Data Replicator replacement free
Windows Backup is good enough to create local backups, but it is a little bit problematic when it comes to NAS backup. what’s worse, there is no network drive option in Home version. So, you’d better use a replacement tool, such as, AOMEI Backupper Standard, which handles NAS, external hard drive, and local disks and other storage devices well.
Besides, there are advantages for Synology data replicator replacement:
Free and easy-to-use.
This software provides both free and paid version. The free version can satisfy all the basic needs of users. In addition, it has a clear interface and user-friendly design, so that users can understand it easily and quickly.
Support all the basic backup and restore features.
To meet all users’ needs, AOMEI Backupper allows you to create image backup of entire hard drive, operating system, partitions, files and folders.
Schedule Backup available.
In case you forget to backup, you can create multiple daily/weekly/monthly automatic backup.
Besides, you still can set “Email Notification”, “Compression Level”, “Encryption for backup”, etc.
How to create backup with Synology data replicator alternative?
Backing up system using synology data replicator alternative:
1. Download the free data replicator for Windows 10/8/7, install and launch it.
2. At the start screen, click “Backup”, and then click “System Backup”. If you need to create other kind of backup, you can also select “File Backup”, “Disk Backup”, “Partition Backup” according to your needs.
3. The program will automatically include the required items for a system restore as the backup source. You need to click where the arrow points and “Select a network location”, then choose “Share/NAS” to specify the Synology NAS as the backup destination.
4. In the next screen, you can click “Add network location” and then type display path, username, password to select your NAS drive.
5. Set up schedule settings by clicking “Schedule” and “Options”. After that, click “Start Backup” to run the backup.
Note: Besides the basic schedule backup, there are still some useful features which can provide you better experience, such as, incremental backup and differential backup, USB plug in, Backup Scheme etc. However, these features are only available on the paid version and you could consider using to AOMEI Backupper Professional or other advanced version.
This image backup, block by block, will soon be finished. When the backup completes, you can create a bootable media using a CD or USB disk, so you are able to restore system when it crashes.
Wrapping things up
Speaking of downloading Synology data replicator alternative, AOMEI Backupper can a great one. It offers different users with different versions: If you are afraid of losing data, you can use the free version and it meets the basic needs of users. If you want to better experience, whether save backup time, disk space or manage backup images, you can upgrade to the paid version.
If you still don’t have a backup, you can download AOMEI Backupper and create one with it. If you are afraid data loss, you can create a file backup. If you want to avoid system failure, you can a system backup or disk space.