Scenario: Windows Server 2012 Backup to NAS Failing
“I’m regretting that I have met the problem Server 2012 cannot backup to NAS. I use Windows Server 2012 (r2) and I was trying to backup it to NAS. However, it is failing to the NAS. I tried to schedule backup Bare metal recovery, System state, System reserved, and Local disc (C:) and the advanced option is VSS Full Backup. The destination is the NAS which is a remote shared folder. However, I received those warning while backing up:
● There was a failure in preparing the backup image of one of the volumes in the backup set
● Detailed error: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file.
I just want to schedule a full backup of the Windows 2012 r2 server to the NAS. How can I make it?”
Is Windows Server Backup on NAS Possible?
Windows Server 2012 backup to NAS fails doesn’t mean the server 2012 (R2) cannot backup to NAS. It is possible to backup Windows Server to NAS and you can do it simply as only as you find the right way.
How to Backup Windows Server 2012 to NAS?
As you can see the user’s problem Server 2012 backup to NAS fails with the Windows built-in tool. Well, how to backup Windows Server 2012 to NAS? For Windows Server backup to NAS, here we highly recommend a software AOMEI Backupper Server, which can help you backup Server to NAS easily.
It allows you to backup individual files, volumes, entire server, or only server system.
It lets you set multiple scheduled backups (daily/weekly/monthly) instead of one.
It enables you to do incremental/differential backups to save both time and storage space.
With its intuitive interface, AOMEI Backupper allows you to backup and restore in a few clicks. You can refer to the following steps to backup Windows Server 2012 to NAS.
Step 1. Install and launch AOMEI Backupper Server. To backup files to NAS, click Backup > File Backup.
Step 2. Select the files you need to backup.
Step 3. Then you should select the destination storage device. To backup Server to NAS, here you need to choose Share/NAS at the left side.
Step 4. Then, you will get into Network Location Management, click Add Network Location. Here, you need to input the name of your NAS device or the IP address, click OK.
Step 5. After you enter the IP, all the folders will be listed here. Select one to be your destination place, and click OK. Then you will back to the File Backup window, click Start Backup to launch the progress.
● To keep the data safe, you can encrypt for your backup by opening Options. It has many other utilities for your backup, for example, set up Windows Server backup email notification.
● Before clicking Start Backup, you can click Schedule to set up an automatic backup to NAS. If you forget to back up when you changed data, you won’t miss the backup yet.
● AOMEI Backupper Server enables disk space management, click Scheme to set up.
When your Server 2012 cannot backup to NAS, you can try to use AOMEI Backupper Server to do it. It can backup Windows Server to NAS more flexible. Besides, it has many other functions to secure your data. Go for it now and discover more!