How to Transfer WhatsApp Data between iOS Devices by FoneTool
FoneTool's WhatsApp Manager feature allows you to quickly transfer your WhatsApp data between two iOS devices, which can be very helpful when you need to switch to a new iPhone or iPad. This ensures that you don't lose any important WhatsApp chats, photos, videos, or other data during the transition. The process is simple and straightforward, and FoneTool makes it easy to transfer your data with just a few clicks.
Prerequisites for WhatsApp Transfer:
Before starting transferring, you need to:
Download and install FoneTool on your windows computer (currently only supports windows system)
Connect your two iOS devices that need to transfer WhatsApp data to your computer via two USB cables.
Please note that this function is available in the professional edition only. If you are using the free edition, you need to upgrade to Pro edition.
The following are the detailed steps:
Step 1. Launch FoneTool, then click "WhatsApp Manager" on the left menu bar. And, choose "Backup WhatsApp" or "Backup WhatsApp Business" depending on the type of account you used.
Step 2. Click "Get Started", select the source and target devices from the listed devices, and then click "Start Transfer" to begin the transfer process.
Step 3. Then, an alert message will pop up, please read the note carefully, and then click the "Confirm" button to continue the transfer.
Tip: There will be a pop-up prompt after you clicked the "Confirm" If your iOS version is 16 or later, click "OK" and enter the passcode on source device to continue the transfer.
Step 4. When the transfer is completed, your target device will be restarted automatically. You need to do the activate iPhone settings so that access home screen.
Please pay particular attention to the following options:
"App & Data": Please select “Don’t Transfer Apps & Data" to keep the existing data of the target device.
"Make this your new iPhone": Please select "Continue" to proceed to the next step. After that, you can check and access all your WhatsApp data has been transferred to the target device.
Step 5. After that, you can check and access all your WhatsApp data has been transferred to the target device.
- Please disable "Find My iPhone" on the target device before transfer.
- WhatsApp data on the target device will be overwritten after transfer.
- WhatsApp versions are different between the source and target device may cause abnormal data after transfer. It is recommended to upgrade WhatsApp on the source and target device to the latest version first.
- Please exit WhatsApp on the target device before transfer to prevent WhatsApp not working properly after transfer.
These steps should help you transfer your WhatsApp data using FoneTool on your iOS devices, it can be seen that FoneTool is a very convenient tool to manage your WhatsApp account data and transfer their WhatsApp data to a new device.
Q: Why can’t WhatsApp\WhatsApp Business run normally when restore or transfer WhatsApp\WhatsApp Business data to an iPhone via FoneTool?
A: 1. Please confirm if WhatsApp is sending/receiving message (or message is just sent/received completely) on the target iPhone when you start restore or transfer WhatsApp\WhatsApp Business data to the target iPhone. If so, it might cause WhatsApp run abnormally after restore/transfer. In this case, you can reinstall WhatsApp on the target iPhone, and temporarily don’t login WhatsApp account, then restore or transfer WhatsApp data again. After that, you can log in WhatsApp to check.
2. Please check if the version of WhatsApp on the source and target iPhone are different. If so, it might also cause WhatsApp run abnormally after restore/transfer. In this case, you can firstly upgrade WhatsApp on the source and target iPhone to the latest version, and then do backup/restore or transfer again. But, if you only have a previous backup of WhatsApp data and the source device has not existed, it can’t restore the data to the target iPhone when the version of WhatsApp on target iPhone is higher than the source one. In this case, you can use FoneTool to browse the backup data and export important data to the computer.
Q: Why does WhatsApp/WhatsApp Business occupy more iphone space than the one seen in the application after transferred or restored WhatsApp\WhatsApp Business data to the target iphone?
A: It might be that some Chat records and attachments generated before transferring or restoring WhatsApp data aren’t overwritten. But, these records are not visible in WhatsApp sessions. So, the used space showed in WhatsApp will be less than the actual space occupancy of the application on iPhone. For example, if there is a 300MB A file on the target iphone and there is no a backup file corresponding to the A file when restoring WhatsApp data, so it will still retain the A file after retore.
If you want to clear the space occupied by these previous files, you can reinstall WhatsApp on the target iphone and then restore\transfer WhatsApp data again.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iPhone 4/5/6/SE/7/8/X/11/12/13/14(all iPhone versions)
- iPad /iPad mini/iPad Air/iPad Pro
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former