How to Download/Update/Reinstall Drivers for Apple iPhone?
Failed to connect iPhone with computer?
You might have used the standard accessories to connect iPhone to computer via USB cable, but still could not find your device in FoneTool. This could be caused by the issue of driver.
The physical connection has been successfully built but there is no paired driver on the computer or the driver is too old so FoneTool cannot detect your iPhone. You can follow this guide to easily solve the problem of Apple Mobile Device USB driver.
3 methods to download, update or reinstall the driver
To fix the issue about iPhone driver, you can select the proper method according to the situation. Before you try the following method, you need to unplug iPhone and then plug iPhone to computer again. iTunes should be closed when you update or reinstall driver.
Method 1. Download the latest iTunes to computer
If you haven’t installed iTunes on your PC, you can download the full installation package of iTunes, and the driver will be also downloaded along with it. If you have installed iTunes before, go to the next method.
Method 2. Update the driver in Device Management
Not using iTunes for a long time may make the driver out of date, and then cause iPhone connecting issue. If you have downloaded iTunes from Microsoft Store, the driver might need to be manually updated.
1. Right-click the Start Button and select Device Manager.
2. Expand Portable Devices. Right-click the device name and then click Update driver.
Method 3. Reinstall the driver in Windows File Explorer
If your iTunes installation package come from Apple Support, you may not update the driver manually from Device Manager. In that case, you need to reinstall the driver.
1. Press Windows + R Key > Paste “%ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers” (without quotes) in the box and press Enter.
2. Find and right-click usbaapl64.inf or usbaapl.inf and then select install.
Tips: It is recommended to use the tool in FoneTool to fix iPhone not recognized by computer. The environment will be comprehensively diagnosed by FoneTool and the driver issue will be automatically fixed.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iPhone 4/5/6/SE/7/8/X/11/12/13/14(all iPhone versions)
- iPad /iPad mini/iPad Air/iPad Pro
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former