Dynamic Volumes Introduction
All volumes on a dynamic disk are known as dynamic volumes, which include simple, spanned, striped, mirrored and RAID-5 volumes. They provide the users with more flexibility than basic disks can give. Dynamic volumes enable the users to set up software RAID directly without hardware RAID controller. Since it’s mostly used by the user who has in-depth IT knowledge and advanced need in security. Therefore, backing up dynamic system and/or data volumes in advance would be absolutely necessary. AOMEI Backupper is a specialized Windows backup software that allows the users to backup dynamic volumes on dynamic disks. Let’s see how it works.
How to Backup Dynamic Disk Volumes with AOMEI Backupper?
The following step-by-step guide takes dynamic system volume (a simple volume) backup as an example, AOMEI Backupper is also able to backup other dynamic volumes, such as mirrored, RAID-5 volumes.
1. Launch AOMEI Backupper. In the main interface, click "Backup" on the left, and then choose "Partition Backup" on the right.
2. Click on "Add Partition or Volume" to select the partitions or volumes you need to backup.
3. In the Select Partition window, click both the system partition and E partition. Once been selected, they’ll be marked in green.
4. Then we need to select a location as the destination path. A thing needs to be mentioned is that AOMEI Backupper supports backing up to NAS, this is greatly helpful to SBS users.
5. Once the destination path is confirmed, we can change the setting before the backup process begins. Click "Options" at the bottom, then we will see the pop-up window below. Here we can select the compression level for the backup based on the space of the destination path; we can enable VSS thus we can still operate on our computer while the backup program is running in the background; we can add password for the backup image etc.
6. In addition, now we can use Schedule Backup function in AOMEI Backupper to perform automatical backup. Click on "Schedule Off" that right next to Backup Options to access into Schedule Backup Settings. We can set the backup schedule daily, weekly or monthly. Once all the setting and schedule is done, click Start Backup to perform dynamic system volume backup.
It's extremely easy to backup dynamic disk volumes with AOMEI backup software. Now free download and try it out.
- How to Schedule Windows Backup with AOMEI Backupper Software Easily?
- AOMEI Free Backup Software for Windows Backup to NAS Devices
- UEFI Based System Drive Backup and Restore