What Are Dynamic Volumes?
All volumes on a dynamic disk are known as dynamic volumes, which include simple, spanned, striped, mirrored and RAID-5 volumes. They provide users with more flexibility than basic disks can give. Dynamic volumes enable users to set up software RAID directly without hardware RAID controller.
Since they are mostly used by users who have in-depth IT knowledge and advanced need in security, backing up dynamic system and/or data volumes in advance would be absolutely necessary.
Reliable Dynamic Disk Volume Backup Software - AOMEI Backupper
AOMEI Backupper Professional is specialized Windows backup software that allows users to backup dynamic volumes on dynamic disks.
- You can create dynamic system volume backup via "System Backup" or dynamic data volume backup via "Partition Backup".
- You are able to create automatic backups with "Schedule Backup" and delete old backups based on a specific rule with "Backup Scheme".
- Various backup destinations are supported, like USB flash drive, HDD, SSD, network share, etc. Backing up to NAS is greatly helpful to small business users.
Download AOMEI Backupper now and let’s see how it works in the next part.
How to Backup Dynamic Disk Volumes Easily
The following step-by-step guide takes backing up a simple and spanned volume as an example. AOMEI Backupper is also able to backup other dynamic volumes, such as mirrored, RAID-5 volumes.
1. Run AOMEI Backupper. In the main interface, click "Backup" on the left, and then choose "Partition Backup" on the right.
2. Edit the task name based on your need. Click on "Add Partition or Volume" to select the dynamic volumes you need to backup.
3. In the Select Partition window, you can choose one or more volumes to be backed up. Once selected, they’ll be marked in green.
4. Then we need to select a location as the destination path.
5. Once the destination path is confirmed, we can change the settings before the backup process begins.
- Click "Options" at the bottom, then we will see the pop-up window below. Here we can select the compression level for the backup based on the space of the destination path; we can enable VSS so we can still work on our computer while the backup program is running in the background; we can add a password for the backup image, etc.
- Click "Schedule Backup" to access schedule settings. We can choose the backup schedule Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Event triggers or USB plug in.
- Click "Backup Scheme" to better organize your backup storage space with efficient backup strategy. You can choose 3 backup methods here: Full Backup, Incremental and Differential Backup. You can also enable automatic backup cleanup, which lets the program automatically clean up image files to save disk space usage.
6. Once all the settings are done, click "Start Backup" to perform dynamic volume backup.
It's extremely easy to backup dynamic disk volumes with AOMEI backup software. Why not try it out now?