Easiest Tutorial to Backup Outlook Cached Email Addresses
In this article, you will learn how to backup Outlook cached email addresses in an easy way. Thus you won’t need to manually input them in case of an accidental issue.
About Outlook cached email addresses
When you compose an email in Outlook, the email addresses of the recipients are automatically filled in based on previous emails you've sent or received. Outlook will save the auto-complete cache automatically, and then list the auto-complete cache when you type related letters in the To/Cc/Bcc field in email as below screenshot shown.
This can save you time and effort. However, these cached addresses can be lost if you delete your Outlook profile or if you configure a new computer, which means that if you lose your cached email addresses, you'll need to manually enter them all again.
Therefore, it is important to backup your cached email addresses to make sure you can still access them if anything happens to your Outlook profile or computer. If you are needed, continue reading the following content for more details to finish the task.
How to export Outlook AutoComplete email addresses
There are 2 ways available to export Outlook AutoComplete email addresses as a backup. you can choose according to your needs.
Export AutoComplete on Outlook 365/2016/2019 using MFCMAPI
If you have a Microsoft 365 account, Exchange Server account, or an IMAP account (this is the most common type of other email account), then the AutoComplete list that displays when you start typing a name or email address is stored in a hidden file in your Outlook Data File in your Outlook Data File. See how to make a copy of it.
1. Exit Outlook, and then close Outlook on the web on all workstations that are connected to your mailbox.
2. Download, install MFCMAPI, and run mfcmapi.exe.
3. On the Session menu, select Logon.
4. If you are prompted for a profile, select the desired profile name, and then click OK.
5. In the top pane, locate the line that corresponds to your mailbox, and then double-click it.
6. In the left-side navigation pane, expand Root Container, and then expand Top of Information Store or IPM_SUBTREE.
7. Right-click the Inbox folder, and then select Open Associated Content Table. This action opens a new MFCMAPI window that contains various properties.
8. Under the Subject column, right-click the item that has the subject, IPM.Configuration.Autocomplete, and then select Export Message. This action opens the Save Message To File window.
9. From the Format to save dropdown list select MSG file (UNICODE) and click OK.
10. Select a folder location to which you want to save the message. Close all open dialogs to close MFCMAPI.
Easiest way to export AutoComplete in Outlook 2019/2016/365
You can see that the manual procedure to copy the AutoComplete list is quite cumbersome and complex. Hence, the easiest option left is by utilizing an automated Outlook backup solution. There are multiple third-party solutions for users to perform this task, among them, I sincerely recommend AOMEI Backupper Professional as your best choice.
- Its Outlook Backup feature can help backup Outlook emails including Microsoft 365, Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud, Exchange.
- The backup destination to save Outlook addresses can be chosen as local drive, external disk, network drive, NAS device or cloud drive.
- It allows you to auto backup Outlook folders with “Daily”, “Weekly”, “Monthly” or “Event triggers”. In a scheduled task, you can even wake the computer to backup task at a specific time.
- It supports Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Outlook for Microsoft 365 and Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007.
- Along with that, this tool is capable to recover AutoComplete addresses from backup without any data limitation.
Download AOMEI Backupper now to have a try.
Then follow the guidance below to backup Outlook cached email address automatically:
Step 1. Add the email account including AutoComplete list you want to backup to Outlook.
Step 2. Install and launch AOMEI Backupper. Then click Backup and select Outlook Backup.
Step 3. Click Add Outlook Data. In the popup window, select the items to be backed up. You can choose the whole email account or several subfolders under it.
Step 4. Select a destination path to save the backup image.
Step 5. To have the backup task run automatically, click Schedule Backup and choose a suitable backup frequency.
Step 6. Click Start Backup > Add the schedule and start backup now to begin backing up your Outlook cached email address.
In the end
Backing up Outlook cached email addresses can be an easy task after you refer to this tutorial with patience. By following the steps outlined in this tutorial with AOMEI Backupper, it can you’re your time and effort in the event of a data loss or system failure.
AOMEI is more than an Outlook backup software, it also offers a lot of powerful features such as sync, clone, etc. With its disk clone feature, you can easily and securely upgrade SSD on HP Pavilion x360 with secure boot. The process can also be applied to ASUS, Razer, Lenovo computers.