Need to recover deleted WhatsApp messages
"I am running an iOS 10, and I accidentally deleted the WhatsApp messages a few days ago. Is it possible to recover the chat history on iPhone? Any advice will be appreciated!"
WhatsApp Messenger, or simply WhatsApp, is a cross-platform centralized message and voice-over-IP service. With it, you can send text messages, and voice messages, make voice and video calls, and share images, documents, user locations, and other content.
These different formatmessages formatsnclude precious information or memories, so many users wonder if it is possible to recover deleted WhatsApp chat history after accident deletion. If you are one of them, don't worry; here, some ways to help you out.
Restore deleted WhatsApp chat history with backup
If you have backed up the WhatsApp chat history via iCloud backup or Google Drive, there is a chance that the chat history is still on your cloud backup. If so, you can restore it by uninstalling and reinstalling WhatsApp. Before you do, verify that an iCloud backup exists in "WhatsApp"> "Settings"> "Chats"> "Chat Backup".
Step 1. Uninstall WhatsApp from your iPhone.
Step 2. Reinstall WhatsApp and set it up with your phone number.
Step 3. When the installation process is finished, you will be asked to restore messages from a cloud backup. This backup may be from iCloud on iOS or Google Drive on Android. Then tap on "Restore".
Step 4. Then all the chat histories on WhatsApp will be back.
- You must be signed in with the Apple ID you use to access iCloud and iCloud Drive must be turned on.
- There must be enough free space on both your iCloud and iPhone. You need to have at least 2.05 times the space available in your iCloud account and on your phone than the actual size of your backup.
- The phone number used for backing up and restoring must be the same.
Recover deleted WhatsApp messages without backup
If you have a backup, restoring the deleted WhatsApp chat history will be quite easy. What if you don't have any backup and need to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on your iPhone without backup? In such a case, you have no other choice but to resort to some WhatsApp recovery software, like iMyFone D-Back iPhone data recovery. This software has the following highlights to help you easily restore WhatsApp data in all iPhone models running iOS 7.0 and later.
- Four recovery methods to retrieve WhatsApp messages (audio, photos, and videos) from an iOS device, iTunes, or iCloud backup.
- View WhatsApp chat history in iTunes or iCloud backup and select what you need to get back instead of restoring the whole backup.
- Preview the WhatsApp chat history before executing the final recovery.
- Back up or export WhatsApp messages from iOS devices to the computer.
You can download this software for Windows or Mac, and check out the following methods to learn how to restore WhatsApp data without a backup.
Step 1. Install iMyFone D-Back on your Windows or Mac computer. Choose to "Recover from the iOS Device" > connect your iPhone to the computer. Once it is recognized, you can click "Next" to proceed.
Step 2. Choose the file type you want to recover from the list. Here tick the "WhatsApp". Then click "Scan" to let the program start scanning your iPhone.
Step 3. When the scanning finishes, you can read and preview the data to find the exact WhatsApp messages you need to get back. Then select them and click on "Recover".
Note: Please stop using your iPhone once you deleted the WhatsApp chat history; otherwise the deleted messages will be overwritten and unrecoverable.
This is all about how to restore deleted chat history from WhatsApp with or without backup. Just as you can see from above, with iMyFone, you can easily recover deleted WhatsApp messages with a few simple clicks.