How do I get apps and data back on my iPhone?
I’ve accidentally deleted some photos and WeChat messages from my iPhone. Is there any way to get my lost data back? Thanks.
After accidental/intentional deletion, how to restore apps and data on iPhone? If you’re struggling to recover deleted data from iPhone 13/14, please read the step-by-step guide to get these three feasible methods.
Way 1. Restore WeChat history and other iPhone data using iPhone data recovery software
If you’ve accidentally deleted data from iPhone like the above user, you can use iPhone data recovery software like AOMEI Data Recovery for iOS to recover it. Because tools can offer you the biggest data recovery potential and the minimum restrictions.
AOMEI Data Recovery for iOS has established its good reputation due to the following highlights. What you need is that you can turn on your iPhone. Let’s get an overview of it.
- ★Key features:
- Preview all the data and recover the partial files to your iPhone.
- This process doesn’t need to wipe out all the current data on your iPhone during the iPhone data recovery process.
- Recover WeChat, Photos, Videos, Contacts, Notes, Reminders, Calendars, Call History, Voice Memos, etc.
- Support iOS 10.0 and later like iOS 15/16 and be compatible with varied types of iPhones like iPhone 13/14.
Let’s take WeChat as an example. Please refer to the following steps.
Step 1. Download and install AOMEI Data Recovery for iOS on your PC. After running it, connect your iPhone to this computer.
Step 2. “Trust your Computer” on your iPhone and click the “Scan Now” button.
Step 3. Under the WeChat tab, select your needed WeChat messages from the list and click the “Recover” button.
Way 2. Recover deleted data from iPhone 13/14 with iCloud backup
How to restore iCloud backup on iPhone? Please refer to the following steps. Moreover, ensure your selected iCloud backup that includes your desired files because you’re not allowed to preview all the data and restore selected data to iPhone before the restoration process.
After restoration, all the existing data on your iPhone will be replaced by your selected iCloud backup.
- Let’s take Photos as an example. If you’ve turned on iCloud Photos, your iCloud will save these photos. They’ll also be synced in iCloud.com. Please pay attention that your iCloud backup will not store the same image files.
Step 1. Click Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
Step 2. Your iPhone will reboot and come to Set up your iPhone screen. Then click “Restore from iCloud backup” > “Sign in with your iCloud Apple ID” and select the iCloud backup you want.
Way 3. Recover deleted data from iPhone 13/14 with iTunes backup
Compared with iCloud, some users prefer to restore iPhone with iTunes without losing data because iTunes nearly covers all the content and settings except the data in iCloud.
These steps describe how to recover deleted data from iPhone 13/14 via iTunes backup.
Step 1. Launch the latest iTunes on your PC. Then connect your iOS device to the computer and click the “iPhone” icon.
Step 2. Select “Restore Backup” after clicking the “Summary” button.
Step 3. Choose an iTunes backup you want to restore and click the “Restore” button.
Bonus tips: How to restore apps and data on iPhone with ease?
How to restore apps and data iPhone with ease? At this point, you can try this backup and transfer software, FoneTool.
- Restore your iPhone without losing data from a Full Backup/Selective Backup.
- Selectively back up photos, music, videos, messages, contacts, etc.
- Preview all the items and select your needed files before the backup/transfer process.
- Use it to transfer the whole/partial data from iPhone to iPhone/PC/iPad/iPod Touch.
- Be compatible with iPhone 13/14, iPad, iPod Touch, Windows PC, and the latest iOS 15/16..
Let’s take a full iPhone backup as an example. Please download and install FoneTool on your PC.
Step 1. Launch it on your Windows computers. Then click Phone Backup > Full Backup > Get Started.
Step 2. If you need, you can click the “Enable Backup Encryption” button. Then locate a saved path to save this full backup and click the “Start Backup” button.
Step 3. Under the “Backup History” tab, you can see your backup recordings. Select a full backup you want to "Restore" your apps and data on your iPhone.
You can also click the “Browse” icon to view your messages first or click the “Delete” icon to remove your unwanted backup files.