How to Recover Deleted Files not in Recycle Bin on Windows 10
This post provides 4 effective solutions to recover deleted files not in Recycle Bin on Windows. If you wonder how to do it, please read on to get these methods and detailed steps.
How do you recover a deleted file that is not in the Recycle Bin?
NEED HELP! Is it possible to recover an accidentally deleted manuscript if it's not in my Recycle Bin? I have accidentally deleted an odt manuscript I have been working on for a week. I looked in my Recycle Bin but it’s not in it. Is there any possible way to recover it?
When your files are deleted, the first option is to recover deleted files from the Recycle Bin. But it is not uncommon to see situations like the one described in the user case above: the user loses files that are no longer in the Recycle Bin, which sounds very frustrating.
So how do you recover deleted files not in Recycle Bin on Windows 10? This tutorial will provide 4 useful methods and detailed steps to help those who really want to recover deleted files. Please read on and then follow the steps for files that have been erased by the Recycle Bin.
4 solutions to recover deleted files not in Recycle Bin on Windows 10
There are 4 different solutions that are applicable to the situation: you want to recover deleted files on Windows 10 not in recycle bin. Let’s come straight to the point right now.
Solution 1. Recover deleted files via an easy data recovery tool (Easiest)
The first solution we wanna introduce is the easiest one among these 4 methods - using a free data recovery tool called MyRecover, which can be available on Windows Windows 11/10/8/7 and Windows Server 2022, 2019, 2016, 2012, etc. This professional data recovery tool provides efficient scanning methods, helping you to locate your deleted and lost files quickly. Besides, it has many other shining points:
● Retrieve more than 200 types of data like pictures, videos, audios, webpages, compressed files, etc.
● Recover files keeping their path/format/name.
● Scan and recover files at a high recovery rate and speed.
● Support many main file systems including NTFS, FAT32, exFAT, and ReFS in Windows.
Please don’t hesitate to download this tool by clicking the Download Software button. And then follow the 3-step guide to recover deleted files or recover deleted folder on Windows 10 not in Recycle Bin.
1. Run MyRecover on your PC. Click the partition or disk where your files are deleted. Then click Start Scan to scan it.
2. After Quick Scan/Deep Scan automatically, you can see your deleted files and other missing files on this page.
3. Choose Deleted files and then Recycle Bin to choose your deleted files. Then click on the Recover X files button to recover your deleted files not in Recycle Bin.
Solution 2. Recover deleted files from File History
To recover deleted files on Windows 10, there is another way: recovering deleted files from File History. If you have enabled File History on your PC and created backups of your files, this method is suitable for you.
1. Open Control Panel and choose System and Security.
2. On this page, select Restore your files with File History under the File History section.
3. Click on the Restore personal files link on the left menu.
4. Choose your deleted files here, then press the Restore button to restore them from your backup.
Solution 3. Recover deleted files from Backup and Restore
Similar to File History, Backup and Restore is also a method for Windows 10 recover deleted files not in Recycle Bin. Backup and Restore is a built-in tool on Windows operating systems, which supports file backups, system image backups, and data recovery. Backup and Restore can help you to back up your files from different partitions. If your files are deleted and you have made backups of them before, please refer to the steps below:
1. Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
2. Click the Restore my files button to recover deleted files.
⇒ Tip: If you did not create backups of your files, you can follow the guide to set a backup to protect them better.
1. Likewise, go to Backup and Restore. Then click Set up backup and follow its instructions.
2. You can choose Back up now to create a new backup right now or wait for your backup to occur.
Solution 4. Recover deleted files using a Microsoft tool
To restore deleted files not in Recycle Bin on Windows 10, a Microsoft tool called Windows File Recovery can also help you. This is a command-line tool and you need to recover deleted files using CMD. So it is not easy for users who do not know much about computers. Besides, this tool is only available on Windows 10 build 19041 or later versions. If you need to recover deleted files on an older system, you can consider Solution 1.
Before using Windows File Recovery to recover deleted files, you need to learn the basic winfr syntax first: winfr source-drive: destination-drive: [/mode] [/switch]. You can input different command lines according to different situations later.
And you need to go to This PC to check your file system in Properties. Then choose the correct mode according to the table as follow.
1. Go to Windows File Recovery in the Microsoft Store, and install it on your PC.
2. Locate Windows File Recovery in the Windows search box. Then choose Run as administrator.
3. Input the correct command line, like winfr D: E: /extensive /n *paper*. And click Y to continue.
Bonus tip: How to protect your important files
If you can retrieve deleted files from Recycle Bin or files not in Recycle Bin, you are lucky enough. It is advisable for you to protect your important files better by creating backups of them.
Backup tools built in Windows 10 can only help you to back up specific disks or all your computer system. To back up some important files and folders, you can consider using a professional backup service - AOMEI Backupper.
This backup tool provides powerful backup features like schedule backup. Then it will back up your files with your selected frequency automatically. In this way, your files can be protected better.
Written in the end
You can get 4 efficient ways to recover deleted files not in Recycle Bin on Windows 10 in this post. If you want the easiest way to save you much time and effort, you can try the first method - MyRecover. Your disk will be scanned automatically and then your deleted files will reappear on your PC.