Why upgrade your tiny hard drive to a spacious one?
If you’ve bumped up against the limits of your small, old hard drive over and over, it may be the time to upgrade. In some instances, what all the desktop users may need to do is to install a second (or third) hard drive for a little more space. But that’s not always an option, especially for laptop users.
An effective solution to this problem is cloning your hard drive - complete with your operating system and all your data to a new, bigger - a spacious drive. To solve the issue of insufficient memory, upgrading your tiny hard drive to a spacious one is essential for you.
Choosing a tool for cloning your tiny hard drive
After the discussion above, we find that cloning your tiny hard drive to a spacious one is the effective solution to low disk space. Now the question is which tool is the most suitable for cloning your hard drive. Via deep research about clone software, there are three factors you should take into consideration when choosing a clone tool:
- On the first place, the best clone software should have the ideal clone function.
- Secondly, a well-designed user interface which is easy to understand is critical.
- Thirdly, the clone software should be cost-effective, no matter in time, energy or money.
Finally we find AOMEI Backupper Professional is the best clone software which meets your urgent needs. AOMEI Backupper is a clone program which has all-inclusive clone services. Thanks to the intellectual user interface, it is an easy-to-use tool for even a new comer of clone software. Besides, it runs well on all Windows PC operating systems, including Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP. Wanna have a try? Keep reading to learn a stepwise guide.
How to upgrade your tiny hard drive to a spacious one using AOMEI Backupper
To upgrade your tiny hard drive to a spacious one is to clone your tiny hard drive. Now let me show you the detailed process of this hard drive replacement.
Step 1. Plug the spacious hard drive into your computer using an available USB port. Download, install and launch AOMEI Backupper. Then, click Disk Clone under the Clone option.
Step 2. Select the disk (Disk0) that you wish to clone. Then click Next.
Step 3. Select a destination disk (Disk2) to clone the source disk to. And then click Next.
Step 4. Confirm the settings in the Operation Summary which indicates the operations that will be executed. And then click Start Clone to begin the clone process.
In the left-bottom of the Operation Summary, you can see three options. You can set your clone detail there.
- Edit Partitions: you can resize partitions on the destination disk using the option "Add unused space to all partitions" or "Manually adjust partition size".
- SSD Alignment: it can help to accelerate the read/write speed of the destination disk if you are cloning to an SSD.
- Sector By Sector Clone: it will clone every sector on the source disk whether it contains any data or not. This will make the Edit Partitions option unavailable.