Full Guide: Upgrade HP Envy X360 SSD without Losing Any Data
If you're looking to upgrade HP Envy x360 SSD, then you've come to the right place. This article gives you the best software for migrating your data or system. There are also detailed steps to replace your SSD.
HP Envy X360 Overview
The HP Envy x360 is the latest addition to the x360 series. It's sleek, compact and doubles as a tablet thanks to its 360-degree hinge and touchscreen capabilities. This laptop is equipped with the latest 12th generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor and has a generous 16 GB of RAM.
It's perfect for students and business people because you get the features of a laptop, but with the convenience of a tablet. This model also combines impressive build quality with powerful performance that's ideal for everything from everyday computing to sitting down to watch a movie.
Why Upgrade HP Envy X360 SSD?
You may want to replace or upgrade your solid-state drive (SSD) for a variety of reasons, including improving your laptop's boot time, improving system performance and increasing disk storage space. Some similar-model HP Envy laptops do not come with a solid-state drive preinstalled, but can be upgraded through a similar program listed in this guide. Additionally, upgrading the SSD can help extend the life of the laptop by reducing the amount of wear and tear on the hard drive.
If your HP Envy x360 has been in use for a while, there must be a lot of data on the hard drive that you don't want to lose. In addition, installing an operating system from scratch on a new SSD can be a headache. So before upgrading your HP Envy x360's SSD, there's one more thing to consider - how to perform HP Envy x360 storage upgrade without losing data? In this article, I will share my solution.
Easiest Way to Migrate OS or Data to SSD before Upgrading
If you want to keep the data on your old HP Envy x360 drive, the easiest way is to migrate your operating system or data to a larger SSD using cloning software. Cloning software allows you to copy the contents of one drive to another, making it easy to transfer data from an old drive to a new one. It also eliminates the need to reinstall the operating system and applications, as the cloning process will copy all your data and settings to the new drive.
Whether you want to migrate your system or data to SSD, the best disk cloning software - AOMEI Backupper Professional can help you. You can start by looking at what features it has to help you upgrade HP Envy X360 SSD.
- It provides you with Disk Clone, Partition Clone and System Clone. You can choose one according to your different needs. If you use the Disk Clone feature, all data on the source disk, including OS, apps and user files, will be transferred to the target disk after cloning.
- It provides you with two cloning methods, including Sector-By-Sector Clone and Intelligent Clone (the default). With the default cloning method, you can clone a larger hard drive to a smaller one even if the SSD is smaller than your current one, as long as the SSD is not smaller than the space you are using.
- You can clone all makes and models of SSD/HDD, for example, clone Western Digital, Intel, Kingston, SanDisk, Inland SSD, etc.
How to Perform HP Envy x360 SSD Upgrade
🥨 Preparation before upgrading HP Envy x360 SSD
- New drive: Pick the new drive carefully and make sure it will fit your laptop.
- SATA to USB cable: For laptops with only one drive slot, you should connect the new drive to the USB port via a SATA to USB cable.
- Screwdriver: To mechanically replace the drive on an HP laptop, you will need a screwdriver that fits the screws.
- Connect your new SSD to the HP Envy x360. For laptops with only one drive bay, you can use a SATA to USB adapter to connect the new drive as an external drive.
- Install and launch AOMEI Backupper Professional, navigate to the Clone tab and select Disk Clone. If you only want to migrate the operating system, you can choose to perform a System Clone.
- Select your current hard drive as the source directory, click Next.
- Select the SSD as the cloning destination and click Next.
- Confirm your operations and Start Clone. Optionally, you can edit the partition size, check SSD Alignment for better speed in destination SSD, or choose Sector by Sector Clone to clone all sectors no matter used or not.
- Wait for the cloning to end, click Finish to exit.
Specific Steps: HP Envy X360 Replace SSD
- Turn the laptop over. Peel off the rubber strip closest to the hinge.
- Use a #1 Phillips screwdriver (PH1 position) to remove the four 6.5 mm screws under the rubber strip. Then, using a Torx T5 screwdriver (T5 position), remove the three 5 mm screws near the bottom edge of the laptop. Then lift up the back panel and remove it from the laptop.
- Use a #1 Phillips screwdriver (PH1) to remove the seven 4 mm screws shown by the gray arrows on the battery. Remove the battery from the laptop by pulling it out of the connection port and lifting it.
- Use a #1 Phillips screwdriver to remove the 4 mm screw holding the SSD in place. Pull the SSD directly out of its port. Then replace it with a new SSD to upgrade the HP Envy's storage space.
This is all you need to do to upgrade your HP Envy x360 SSD. Throughout all the process, AOMEI Backupper will be your right-hand man. It can help you migrate your system to the new SSD and make sure you can safely boot from it. You can also use it to transfer your data from your original hard drive to the new SSD. If your HP Envy x360 has been running well for a while after replacing the disk without any problems, you can also use this software to erase the original SSD in order to use it again. Try this powerful software now!