Best 2 Ways to Backup Outlook 2007 Emails and Contacts Easily
If you are looking for the best way to backup Outlook 2007 emails and contacts to prevent data loss, you can read the article carefully to master it.
Need to backup Outlook 2007 emails and contacts
Emails and contacts usually carry a large amount of important data information, the amount of emails data generated is increasing day by day, thus how to store and backup these emails and contacts has become a difficult task.
From this page, you will learn how to backup Outlook emails and contacts in 2 simple ways. that one is to use the Outlook import and export tool, the other is to rely on the best Outlook backup software. Keep reading and you can learn more details.
Enable Outlook backup emails and contacts via Export
Outlook Import and Export feature does not support backing up multiple folders at the same time. Therefore, using this method you need to backup emails and contacts separately and cannot do it all at once. Here are the specific steps to enable that.
How to backup contacts in Outlook 2007
1. From the File menu, click Import and Export.
2. The Import and Export Wizard will open, select Export to a file, and click Next.
3. Click Comma Separated Values (Windows), and then click Next.
4. From the folder list, select the Contacts folder, and then click Next.
5. Select Browse to select your desktop or some other easily accessible location to save your .CSV file. You will then see that a verify box pops up to confirm the action that will be performed.
6. Type in Contacts for the export file name, and then click OK. Click the Finish button.
7. As you click Finish, all the contacts in your Outlook account will be exported to a CSV file.
How to backup emails in Outlook 2007
1. In Outlook on a PC, choose File and then Import and Export.
2. Choose Export to a file, then choose Next.
3. Click on Outlook Data File and then enter Next.
4. Select the email account then choose emails folder for backup.
5. Select the location to save the copy of your files.
6. Protect the backup with a password as it may contain sensitive information. Enter your password and confirm it. If you do not want to protect your backup with a password, you can leave the fields empty.
Auto backup Outlook 2007 emails and contacts at once
Of course, you can choose to export emails and contacts folders as PST files and store them to the desired destinations. However, this manual method is a bit complicated, only suitable for a small number of emails, and you cannot export them all at once.
If you are looking for a flexible way to backup a large number of emails or other files at one time, we suggest you use a reliable automatic backup software, such as AOMEI Backupper Professional. It has the following outstanding features you can learn about:
Download this powerful Outlook backup software on your PC to have a try.
Step 1. Open Outlook, and make sure you log in with the account containing emails and contacts you want to backup.
Step 2. Launch AOMEI Backupper Professional and click Backup > Outlook Backup.
Step 3. Click Add Outlook data and select the Outlook emails and contacts folders or other folders like calendar, attachments, etc. you want to backup. Then click OK.
Step 4. Click the second box to select a local path, add network or NAS location, or cloud drive to store your Outlook emails and contacts.
Step 5. Enable Daily, Weekly, Monthly or Event triggers to schedule backup the chosen files and then click Start Backup to backup Outlook emails and contacts automatically at once.
To sum up
To backup Outlook 2007 emails and contacts, you can learn 2 ways to enable that from this article. One is to use the export tool from Outlook manually, and the other is to rely on an automatic Outlook backup tool – AOMEI Backupper. But you may encounter Outlook cannot open OST file if you try Outlook backup. Compared to the first solution, AOMEI allows you to backup emails and contacts in a more flexible way.
Moreover, Not only does it have a backup function, but it also has other powerful features such as clone. You can easily clone Windows 11 to another hard drive with the clone feature and make it bootable. Ensuring data security is crucial for everyone, so don't wait until irreparable consequences occur to find a solution. Don’t hesitate to try it now!