How to Auto Backup Outlook 365 Emails and Other Items
In this article, you will the best solution for auto backup of Outlook 365. The solutions provided in this article are available for all versions such as 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, etc.
“Hi guys! Are Outlook files automatically backed up to OneDrive or can’t be done, either to OneDrive or somewhere else? If not, all suggestions welcome! Thanks in advance! :)”
- Question from Microsoft Community
As you know, in order to keep your data safe and up to date, you need to make backups frequently. Keeping a backup can help you in several ways such as exporting critical data or moving data to other important platforms or even moving to a new system where you need to import data.
It can also help you to keep Outlook data files away from any corruption when there is any virus or malware attack on the system. Thus, backup is always the best option to handle Outlook data. Backing up Outlook in the traditional way can be quite laborious and time consuming, so many users want to find a solution to automatically backup Outlook 365.
Can Outlook 365 Automatically Backup All Data?
As we all know, Outlook has some built-in features that allow us to manually set up a backup to back up our Outlook data files to a different location or to a cloud storage service. However, even these features have certain limitations and restrictions:
- When you use the Auto Archive feature, you cannot backup items such as Notes, Drafts Folder, and Contacts as the Contacts folder doesn’t have an archive property.
- Similarly, using the Import/Export feature, you can manually backup PST files every time, but you can't choose to select folders and can only backup the folders you need.
- Personal Folder Backup Add-in is available only for Outlook versions before 2010, it is not compatible with newer versions of Outlook. With Outlook Personal Folder Backup, you can only backup your PST files, which sometimes takes up a big chunk of space.
In short, Outlook 365 cannot automatically backup all your data. To avoid this situation and overcome the limitations of these methods, use a professional tool that can work well with all Outlook versions without any hassle. With the help of a reliable Outlook backup tool, you can easily perform Outlook 365 automatic backup.
Auto Backup Outlook 365 with Reliable Third-Party Software
To auto backup Outlook data, you can also turn to reliable third-party software AOMEI Backupper Professional. It offers you full Outlook backup solutions:
- It enables you to backup all data in Outlook, including emails, contacts, notes, calendars, and tasks.
- Various backup devices are supported. For example, you can backup Outlook emails to external hard drive, local disk, USB flash drive, and NAS device, etc.
- You are allowed to backup your email data automatically using the “Schedule Backup” feature.
- You are able to run incremental or differential backup to reduce backup time and the backup image size.
After add your Microsoft 365 email account to Outlook, you can follow these steps to learn how to export emails from Outlook 365 with AOMEI Backupper.
- Download and install AOMEI Backupper on your PC. Launch the program, click Backup and select Outlook Backup.
- Click Add Outlook Data and select the data you want to save in Outlook 365. Then click OK.
- Click the second box to select a local path, add network or NAS location, or cloud drive to save Outlook emails and other items.
- Enable Daily, Weekly, or Monthly schedule backup and be sure the option Wake the computer to run scheduled task is checked.
- Confirm you select the entire email folders and click Add the schedule and start backup now in the Start Backup drop-down list to auto backup of Outlook 365.
This article provides the best tools to help you auto backup Outlook 365. This Outlook backup and migration tool is compatible with several versions of Outlook including the latest Outlook 2019. Moreover, you can backup any property of your choice from Outlook instead of the entire PST file.
In fact, AOMEI Backupper is much more than just Outlook backup software. It is also powerful disk cloning software that enables you to transfer data from your old hard drive to a new one when you perform a hard drive upgrade or replacement. Try it out now!