Best Automatic Backup Freeware for USB Flash Drive
This tutorial will introduce a USB automatic backup freeware. You can auto backup USB stick with free software to duplicate data you care most on the flash drive. Please keep reading.
Why need automatic USB backup freeware?
The appearance of USB flash drive lightens people’s worry to a great extent in migrating important files. But people are also worried about the risk of data loss while enjoying the convenience of USB flash drives. Therefore, a USB automatic backup freeware is very necessary to better protect the data in USB flash drives.
- Prevent data loss: It is tough to imagine that if you format the USB or delete files by mistake, or the flash drive just fails you. Even though you avoid the above-mentioned situations, there is still necessity to backup USB drive because it is easier to lose than bigger hard drives.
- Avoid virus attack: What’s more, the USB stick may be damaged by viruses if you plug it into some public computers to copy files, say school E-reading room or public library. Hence, it is crucial to backup USB flash drive.
- Promote backup efficiency: Well, you may feel it is time-consuming to backup USB drive manually when you merely picture that. It would be preferable to get a planned backup done once and forever.
Unfortunately, Windows snap-in backup utility will only backup internal hard drives. If you select the files or folders from the USB drive to be backed up, you are likely to encounter errors like 0x80070032 sometimes, and fail at the end. On this occasion, using auto USB backup software free could do you a big favor.
What USB drive auto backup software do you need?
So what USB drive auto backup software do you need? This article summarizes the points below for you.
- First of all, the auto backup program should be reliable and free for most Windows operating systems, such as Windows 7/8/10/11/XP/Vista.
- Also, professional auto backup tool should run schedule backup as well as incremental backup.
- The most important thing, it should run missed backup at the next system startup because USB drive isn’t the kind of drive that you will connect to your computer all the time.
AOMEI Backupper Standard is such integrated USB backup software that is free for home use. This automatic USB backup freeware allows you to backup USB flash drive regularly (with daily, weekly, or monthly mode). All you need to do is to click several times. The specific steps of setting automatic schedule backup will be illustrated in the next part.
Further, this program supports compressing backup images to save disk space. Download AOMEI Backupper Standard to backup your USB drive now. Actually, it is still wonderful external hard drive backup software.
How to automatically backup your USB drive
AOMEI Backupper Standard supports backing up an entire disk as well as specific partitions. If you have more than two partitions (including two partitions) on your USB drive, then it is suggested to backup the entire drive using disk backup. The USB drive in following example has only one partition, so it will be backed up with partition backup.
Step 1. Insert your USB flash drive, and make sure it can be detected by Windows. Install and launch AOMEI Backupper Standard. Click Backup -> Partition Backup.
Step 2. Click Add Partition or Volume to select the partition of the USB drive to be backed up.
Step 3. Choose the destination path. You can backup USB stick to your PC in most cases.
Step 4. Click Schedule Backup, and then set the specific backup frequency. You may choose the "USB plug in" mode to backup flash drive automatically when plugged in.
Click Advanced and you can see Run the missing backup after starting computer next time is checked by default. Keep the default option.
Step 5. Click Start Backup after your configuration.
- Options: This is the place where you are able to compress or split backup image during the backup process.
- Backup Scheme: You can manage backup images on destination storage at will with this option. To enjoy this feature, you need to upgrade to AOMEI Backupper Professional.
- If you carelessly delete one or two important files and want to restore them from the entire disk/partition images, you can perform selective files restore. (paid feature)
The USB drive automatic backup freeware, AOMEI Backupper Standard, helps you safeguard your USB flash drive. It offers multiple features to ease your worry about losing files. You can easily restore deleted, lost or damaged files from the backup image. This USB flash drive automatic backup software also provides the disk clone feature, which makes it a superb USB clone tool.
Command line backup is embedded in AOMEI Backupper Professional. If you want to perform an unattended task, this option is quite helpful. In addition, the advanced edition is useful in managing USB backup image storage because the disk space management will auto delete old backups to save disk space.