Why make a bootable USB?
Usually, when you first use your computer, you’re prompted to create a DVD and backup of your Windows install. But many people ignore this. When they realize it is important, they are trying to find a way to make a bootable USB flash drive to make up this. In this article, we only discuss Windows operating system.
During the process of using computer, all things may happen. For example: virus attack, hacker attack, delete files by mistake, old machine refuse to boot up one day, etc. In these cases, they have a common point that computer can’t boot normally. To solve this, one solution is reinstall Windows, but this means starting all over again. Most users would not like to select this as best choice.
Other way is using a bootable USB drive to boot into Windows, then it will help you perform diagnostics on a computer that has hardware issues or can’t enter into desktop successfully. USB flash drive can also be used to reinstall Windows, it can take the place of using Windows installation CD.
Now many light-weight laptops don’t have a DVD drive, so you have to choose USB as your bootable media. This is also an advantage of USB. After all, keeping a USB safely is much more easier than keeping a CD/DVD.
How to make a bootable USB?
To make a bootable USB manually, many users try the Windows official way before, which is using a command-line tool named DiskPart. Put simply, this way needs inputting lines of codes, that is to say, many steps. It has no visual interface and it requires at least 4GB USB, bigger is better. With all these inconvenience, now users would prefer third-party software to create a bootable USB.
AOMEI PE Builder is a freeware designed to build an easy and complete WinPE-based bootable media. The WinPE-based bootable USB is more powerful than single bootable USB. Because in the bootable environment based on Windows PE, you can do many things, such as recover files, anti virus, fix errors, etc, in a word, try to make your system boot well again.
With AOMEI PE Builder, you only need few steps to create a bootable media. Following are concrete steps:
1. Download it from the official website, install and open. A cool and deep blue main screen will be appeared to you:
2. The main interface is also simple. Brief introduction and only one button. Click “Next” to go.
3. AOMEI PE Builder supports Windows 10, 8.1/8, 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012. Usually, there is no need to download and install WAIK or ADK. Just click “Next” to go.
4. In this step, you can embed some 3rd party portable tools and drivers for custom bootable media. Then click “Next” to go.
5. Here, of course, choose the second option: USB boot device. Then click “Next” to commit.
6. Wait a moment, create USB boot disc will be succeed as above show. Click “Finish” to exit.
When you want to use the bootable USB. You should adjust boot order as USB device to enter Windows PE system. The remaining steps and notes please visit: PE Builder Help Guide
Using AOMEI PE Builder to make a bootable USB is free and easy. The Windows PE made by AOMEI PE Builder comes with Windows desktop, Explorer, start menu, taskbar and so on. So people can operate easily in the environment.