Why Clone Hard Drive to Kingston SSD?
Compared to traditional HDDs, SSDs are more popular among the users, because they consume less power, are quieter, have faster read and write speeds. As a result, many people will choose to clone their HDD to an SSD. It can not only ensure that the data on the hard drive won't be lost, but also accelerate the boot speed when you boot from SSD.
Among the various brands of SSDs, Kingston is well known and widely used all over the world. The common types are KC2500, DC1000M, DC 1000B, DC500, KC600, A2000, A400, etc.
When Do You Need Kingston SSD Software?
You need to use Kingston SSD cloning software in the following cases.
- Upgrade your old hard drive to a Kingston SSD.
- Upgrade your original Kingston SSD to a larger one.
- Migrate your operating system to a Kingston SSD without reinstalling.
- Migrate all the data on your original disk to the new Kingston SSD.
- Make the new Kingston SSD as the boot drive.
Some Kingston SSDs offer Kingston SSD migration software - Acronis True Image OEM. It allows you to clone your operating system to a Kingston SSD. But it doesn't support all types of Kingston SSDs. To use it, you have to activate the software with the activation key. And it's difficult for green hands to operate. Furthermore, you may get cloning errors when using it to clone disks.
At this time, you need a professional SSD cloning software that supports cloning disk to all types of Kingston SSDs. Please read on and we will introduce the best Kingston cloning software to you in detail.
The Best Kingston Hard Drive Cloning Software
AOMEI Backupper Professional is the best choice for you. It not only allows you to clone the hard drive to Kingston SSD easily in Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista but also guarantees a secure boot after cloning. As a professional cloning software, it has the following advantages.
- Easy-to-use: It has an easy-understanding interface, you just need to follow the page prompts step by step to complete the cloning process.
- Support many clone types: It provides you with 3 clone types, namely System Clone, Disk Clone and Partition Clone.
- Secure boot: After cloning, you can boot your computer directly from the cloned Kingston SSD.
- Intelligent clone: By default, it will only clone the used sectors. So you can clone a larger HDD to a smaller SSD easily.
- Live clone: The cloning tasks can run in the background, so you can use your computer normally without closing any programs.
- Support performance optimization for different SSDs: Its SSD Alignment feature can accelerate the reading and writing speed of your Kingston SSD as well as other SSDs, such as Samsung, WD, Crucial, Intel, etc.
- Support multiple storage devices: You can clone disks not only to SSD but also HDD, local disk, external disk, USB, network location, etc.
How to Clone HDD to Kingston SSD using Best Cloning Software
If your Kingston SSD is a new blank disk, you can directly follow the graphic tutorial below to start cloning your hard drive to Kingston SSD with AOMEI Backupper Professional. If your target SSD is not a blank disk, before you start cloning, you should backup your important files and data, because the data on the target disk will be erased during cloning.
Step 1. Connect your Kingston SSD to the computer and ensure it can be detected. Download AOMEI Backupper Professional, install and launch it. Then click Clone > Disk Clone.
- If you want to clone the OS only, you can use the System Clone feature.
- Professional edition supports cloning both data disks and systems disks from MBR to MBR/MBR to GPT, or GPT to GPT/GPT to MBR. If you only want to clone data disks, you can pick the complete free Standard edition.
Step 2. Select the hard drive you want to clone as the source disk.
Step 3. Select your Kingston SSD as the destination disk.
Step 4. Tick SSD Alignment to accelerate the reading and writing speed of your Kingston SSD. Then click Start Clone to clone HDD to Kingston SSD.
- Edit Partitions: You can change the partition size manually or automatically using this feature.
- Sector By Sector Clone: The software will only clone the used sectors by default. If you want to clone all the sectors on the disk, you can check Sector By Sector Clone box.
This article introduces the best Kingston hard drive cloning software - AOMEI Backupper Professional. You can clone your hard drive to Kingston SSD with just a few simple steps. After cloning, you can successfully boot your computer from SSD, which can increase your computer boot speed. What's more, after you boot the computer, it allows you to directly use your operating system, all installed programs on your computer, and access the data at any time.
In addition, it also supports System Clone and Partition Clone. You can download this software and explore more useful features.