System Partition on Windows 10
Most users may have experienced system crash or other computer failure. It must be devastating because it is not only about the time to reinstall your operating system (OS) and applications, but also some valuable data are lost. If you had ever backed up system partition, things would be totally different. System partition is vulnerable as any inappropriate changes that you made on system drive may cause your system unable to boot normally. What's more, Windows 10 is in the long journey of being perfected, so it is essential to backup system partition of Windows 10 before making any changes. If your system is somehow damaged, you can restore image backup to recover your computer to the earlier point when you made the backup without suffering the pain of losing data.
Free Backup Software - AOMEI Backupper Standard
AOMEI Backupper Standard is the free backup and restore software for Windows 10/8/8.1/7Vista/XP. It allows you create Windows 10 system partition backup with only a few clicks for its humanized design and concise interface; it allows you to backup only changed and new added files by providing incremental/differential backup; it allows you to perform offline restore via bootable media or AOMEI PXE Boot tool; it allows you to selectively restore files in the backup.
Additionally, AOMEI Backupper Standard enables you to perform system backup to automatically choose system related files to backup, disk backup to back up the whole disk including recovery partition, file/folder backup to only backup individual files and folder as your wish, file sync to synchronize files from one folder to the other. Besides backup and restore, AOMEI Backupper also provides Partition Clone, System Clone, and Disk Clone.
Backup Windows 10 Partition with AOMEI Backupper
To backup system partition, you can manually either choose system partition to backup or try System Backup, which will automatically includes system partition in the backup.
To backup system drive on Windows 10:
1. Download this free backup software. Open AOMEI Backupper.
2. Click Partition Backup under Backup tab.
3. Click Add Partition or Volume to select the system partition (C: drive) and other partitions or volumes you want to backup.
4. The program will set a location as the destination path to save the back image file. If you do not want to keep the file there, click where the arrow point to select another location. How to backup windows 10 to network drive with this freeware? As you can see you can select any folders that show in File Explorer including NAS shared folder. If you want to set a schedule backup task, just click Schedule and follow the Guide.
5. Click Start Backup to start the backup.
Now you can view the task in process and do other things with the computer. This is how it is done to backup system partition Windows 10, quite simple and effective. If you want to see what has been backed up without restoring it, you can use Explore Image to mount the backup image as a virtual drive so that you can access it in File Explorer.