How to Fix Outlook Not Receiving Emails Problem
Having problems with Outlook not receiving emails? If Outlook can't receive emails, it can cut off our business and personal life. Fortunately, there are several ways to solve this problem
Why Outlook 365 Not Receiving Emails?
If you are experiencing the problem of not receiving emails in Outlook, don't worry, you can get it back to normal with the solutions provided for you in the article. But before you take any action, you can understand what are the causes of this problem.
- There is no Internet connection.
- The emails went to the spam folder.
- A corrupt email profile.
- A bad email rule.
- Outlook is set to work offline.
- Outlook may be down.
How to Fix "Outlook Not Receiving Emails But Can Send"
As you can see above, there may be various reasons why Outlook can't receive emails. For different reasons, there are different solutions. Here, I have prepared 6 solutions for you. You can check them below.
Solution 1. Check The Junk Folder in Outlook
Microsoft Outlook has a spam filtering option that sends junk and suspicious emails to a spam folder. This folder is separate from your inbox, so if Outlook emails not coming through, Outlook may put them here by mistake.
Fortunately, it's easy to move those emails back into your inbox. In the future, you can also instruct Outlook not to mark emails from that specific sender as junk mail from this point forward.
- Launch Outlook and click on the Junk Email option in the left sidebar.
- You will see emails that Outlook has marked as spam. If you find the email you are expecting here, right click on it, select Junk and then select Not Junk.
- Before Outlook moves the email back to the Inbox, it will ask you if you want to always trust emails from this sender. If so, check the checkbox and click OK.
Solution 2. Change Your Email Sorting Options
If your sorting options in Outlook are configured to not show the most recent emails at the top, your newly received emails may get mixed up with other emails. This can make it look like Outlook are not receiving emails at all. A quick and easy way to fix this problem is to change the sorting order of emails in Outlook.
- Open Outlook and click on Inbox on the left.
- Click on Arrange by text (it might say By Date, or something similar) and select the Date option.
- At the bottom of the menu, select Newest on Top. You can also use the arrow icon next to the sort selection to change the ascending or descending order.
Solution 3. Check Offline Settings
Outlook has an option called "Work Offline" that allows you to disconnect from the server when you don't want to receive new emails. If this option is enabled, this could be the reason why your Outlook not receiving emails. You can solve this problem by disabling the offline mode in Outlook.
- Open Outlook and click on the Send/Receive tab at the top.
- Click on the Work Offline option in the Preferences section.
Solution 4. Check the Blocked Users List
If you have added a particular user to Outlook's blocked users list, then you will not be able to receive their emails. Sometimes, we add someone to the block list but forget about it afterwards. If Outlook not showing new emails, you can do this.
- Click on the Home tab at the top of Outlook and select Junk.
- Click on Junk E-mail Options in the newly opened menu.
- Select the Blocked Senders tab to see the list of people you have blocked in Outlook.
- If the emails you wish to receive are on this list, click on their name and select Remove. This will remove them from the blocked list so that you can receive their emails.
Solution 5. Check Outlook Rules
If you create any rules, your emails may be diverted away from your inbox, forwarded to another email account, or deleted. This is one of the main reasons why your Outlook not receiving emails but can send If you are not sure if you have a rule that might enable your email to be transferred, you can refer to the following steps to check.
- Click the File tab at the top of Outlook.
- On the Info tab, choose Manage Rules & Alerts on the following screen.
- Under Email Rules, you will see all the rules you have created for your emails. You need to find the rule that modifies your incoming emails and uncheck the box next to it.
Best Solution to Protect Outlook Data
After solving the problem of Outlook not accepting emails, I suggest you to create a backup of Outlook. One of the main reasons for backing up Outlook data is to prevent data loss and corruption. Here is a reliable Outlook backup software recommended for you to help you backup your Outlook data.
AOMEI Backupper Professional is a reliable and professional email backup software that can help you a lot. With its Outlook backup feature, you can copy copies of Outlook items, including emails, contracts, attachments, etc. to other destinations. It integrates a lot of backup features that are worth your trying, including:
If you want to backup Outlook, click the download button below to install AOMEI Backupper to your computer and run it.
Step 1. Open Outlook, type email and click Connect, then follow the on-screen instructions to add the Outlook account.
Step 2. Open this powerful backup software, click Backup and then Outlook Backup.
Step 3. Then follow the prompts to add the Outlook data you want to backup and choose a safe place to store your backup.
Step 4. Click Start Backup to backup Outlook data immediately.
I believe the five methods provided in this article can help you solve the problem of Outlook not receiving emails. In daily work and life, mailboxes are an essential part. Given the central importance of written communication in our personal and professional lives, having a backup of this data is crucial to preserving historical correspondence. So after solving the problem, it is recommended that you immediately use the professional email backup software provided in this article to protect Outlook data.