“I was browsing the internet, and suddenly my computer rebooted itself. When it was loading up again, it gets to the Dell Inspiron logo, then cuts off to a page where all it says is "Windows is loading files..." and a progress bar below it. The progress bar completes, and its start the loop again, to the inspiration logo, and back to the "Windows is loading files". Has anyone seen this before? Can anyone help me with a solution?”
Windows loading files loop is a common issue that may occur from Windows Vista to Windows 10. If you are suffering from this issue, you can get it fixed by the following methods.
Method 1. Safe Mode and Last Known Good Configuration
1. You can press F8 constantly at computer startup to enter Advanced Boot Options menu. From the Advanced Options menu, you can select Safe Mode to repair some corrupted files.
2. Immediately after the computer is powered on or restarted (usually after you hear your computer beep), repeatedly tap the F8 key.
3. After your computer displays hardware information and runs a memory test, the Advanced Boot Options menu will appear.
4. Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking and press ENTER. Also, you can select the option Last Known Good Configuration (Advanced).
Method 2. Use Bootrec.exe repair tool for boot problems
Bootrec.exe can be used to repair the Master Boot Record (MBR), write a new boot sector, rebuild the BCD and add missing Windows installations to the boot configuration data.
Still, open the command prompt, write the following command in it and press Enter:
D: (your windows drive letter)
Chkdsk /f /r
Method 3. Disable Automatically Restart
1. Continuously press F8 until the boot menu shows up and choose Safe Mode.
2. Boot the computer from Safe Mode and go to search after Windows boot up. Type sysdm.cpl and open sysdm.cpl.
3. Click Advanced > Settings under Startup and Recovery. Uncheck Automatically restart.
4. Click OK and reboot the computer.
After fixing Windows is loading files loop
As you know, system issues happen often and many things will cause system issues. You may also come across different system issues like Windows is loading files loop, Windows upgrade keeps restarting, Windows stuck on the welcome screen, Windows automatic repair loop, etc. To have better protection for your computer, it is recommended to create an image backup.
AOMEI Backupper is free backup and restore software for Windows 10/8/7/XP/Visa. It is easy to use and comes with many powerful features. It supports to backup system, disk, partition, files. Here is the main interface of AOMEI Backupper. It is clean and tidy.
Even if you cannot boot your computer, you can make a bootable device with AOMEI Backupper and boot from the bootable device, and then restore your computer to the previous state with the image backup. The advanced version of AOMEI Backupper even allows you to restore to a dissimilar hardware.