Are you in one of these situations?
● Your iPad storage is full and you want to transfer music from iPad to computer before deleting the songs to free up space.
● You bought a new computer and you want to transfer songs from iPad to computer so that you can enjoy music on your computer.
● Your friends like your songs and you want to transfer songs from your iPad to your friend’s computer.
How to upload music from iPad to computer is not a unique requirement, however, it seems that iTunes cannot help you complete the transfer as you want.
● It only allows you to transfer purchased songs which means you cannot transfer songs from CDs, downloaded from the Internet or other sources.
● It will not allow you to transfer songs from your iPad to your friends’ computer because iTunes only allows you to pair your device with one computer.
Fortunately, it's possible to copy music from iPad to computer without iTunes. There’s one easy-to-use iOS data transfer tool that can help you transfer purchased and non-purchased songs from iPad to any computer easily. Keep reading to learn more!
Part 1. How to Transfer Music from iPad to Computer without iTunes
Generally, there are two ways if you don't want to transfer songs using iTunes. You can use a pro iOS data transfer-FoneTool or airdrop to copy music playlist from iPad to computer.
Best software to transfer iPad music to computer
FoneTool is one professional iOS data management tool for Windows PC users and it offers data backup and data transfer functions. It lets you easily backup and transfers music, photos, videos, contacts and messages in the way you want. As for music transfer, below are its outstanding features.
◆ Transfer Selected Songs. It lets you transfer all songs in one click or only transfer the selected songs.
◆ Supports Purchased & Non-purchased Songs. It can transfer any songs downloaded from different sources.
◆ Save to Any Drive. It allows you to transfer music from iPad to USB flash drive, external hard drive, computer.
You can transfer music from iPad to Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 in only a few clicks. Simply click the download button to install it on your computer.
Transfer Music from iPad to Computer Freeware
Fully compatible with almost all types of iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and the latest iOS 16/15, iPadOS 16/15. Transfer data in an easy, quick, safe way.
Steps to Transfer Purchased and Non-purchased Music from iPad to Computer
Here is an example of how to transfer music from iPad to PC in Windows 10.
1. Launch FoneTool > Connect your iPad to computer > Enter passcode on your iPad to allow the software to access your device.
2. On the Home screen, click Phone transfer on the left pane. Move the cursor to the iPhone to PC. Click Start Transfer.
3. Click the “+” icon > Choose the songs that you want to transfer to your computer > Click OK to continue.
4. Click Start Transfer > You can click set a destination to save the files on Transfer Settings > Click Transfer button to transfer music from iPad to computer.
5. When the transfer is completed, click OK to confirm.
Wirelessly transfer music from iPad to computer (Mac) using airdrop
Airdrop is a feature in iOS and macOS that helps users to share files between Apple devices. If you are using Mac, you can use this feature to wirelessly copy music files to your Macbook.
Before your begin: To airdrop songs to mac, please make sure Airdrop is enabled on your Macbook and iPad. To enable Aidrop, make sure the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled.
♦ On your iPad: Tap Settings app. Choose General > Airdrop.
♦ On your Mac: Open Finder. Then you can find and open airdrop on the left sidebar.
Airdrop music from iPad to Mac
Step 1. Run Music app and choose the music you want to share.
Step 2. Tap the 3-dot and choose Share Song.
Step 3. Choose Airdrop. Choose your Macbook. Then click Accept on your Macbook.
If you want to transfer purchased songs from iPad to computer, you can simply make it through iTunes.
1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
2. Run iTunes and plug in your iPad. Tap Trust on your iPad when asked.
3. Click Account > Authorization > Authorize This Computer...
4. Click File > Devices > Transfer Purchases from “[your iPad Name]”.
5. Then you can click Recently Added to check your songs.
You can select the song and click the Download button to save the song on your computer.
If you don’t see the Download button, you can right-click the song > choose Show in Windows Explorer to open the directory where your music files are located.
That’s all about how to transfer music from iPad to computer. For anyone who wants to transfer purchased music from iPad to computer, transfer music from iPad to another’s computer, FoneTool is the best way to go. Besides, it is able to transfer photos, contacts, videos and other data. And it also help you transfer music from PC to iPad/iPhone。
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad