Quickly Fixed: iPhone No Pictures Found on the Device
If you want to fix the “iPhone no pictures found on the device” issue, this guide will give you a satisfying solution. Please read on to get it.
Can’t find iPhone pictures on the device?
I have a lot of pictures on my iPhone and recently I wanted to transfer pictures to my Windows computer to free up my phone storage space. When I connected my iPhone device to my computer it was recognized, but when I tried to open the DCIM folder to find my photos it told me that no new picture or video information was found on this device.
Have you also encountered a problem like the one in the above user case: “iPhone no pictures found on the device”. Just as some users encounter the “iPhone not importing photos” error, this is also a common problem. But don't worry, this article will show you in detail the steps to solve this problem and the easiest way to transfer iPhone pictures to your computer and view the pictures without effort.
How to fix no new iPhone pictures found on this device: 4 quick fixes
If you see the notification that said that iPhone no pictures or videos were found on this device Windows 10/11//8.1/8/7/XP, you can refer to the 4 different fixes according to your needs.
Solution 1. Make sure your iPhone is unlocked
First of all, you should make sure that your iPhone is unlocked. This is because one of the causes of the “Apple no pictures or videos were found on this device” issue is the security features of your iPhone. If your iPhone is locked, then your device will not be able to access the data on the iPhone. So you will receive the wrong message on your PC.
If this is the cause of your problem, then you just need to unlock your iPhone when it is connected to your computer and keep it that way during the transferring process of pictures and videos.
Solution 2. Allow your device to access your iPhone
In addition to unlocking your iPhone, there is still another thing you need to do to allow your computer to access your iPhone pictures and videos correctly. You need to enable this feature to get past the security layer of your iPhone so that your computer can discover your iPhone pictures and videos. Here are the simple steps to do it:
1. Connect your iPhone to your PC correctly.
2. Then you can see a prompt with two choices. Press the Trust option.
3. After that, your PC will be able to access your iPhone pictures and videos.
Solution 3. Turn off the passcode temporarily
If there is still “no pictures found on iPhone” on Windows 10/11/8.1/8/7/XP, you can consider turning off the passcode temporarily to see if it can solve the issue. Here are the steps to turn off your passcode on your iPhone:
1. Go to Settings on your iPhone, then select the Touch ID & Passcode option.
2. You will be asked to enter your passcode. After that, tap on Turn Passcode Off. And press Turn Off again, then your computer will access your iPhone pictures.
Solution 4. Change the filename
When you connect your iPhone to your computer, a file on your computer will be exploited. Some users have responded that changing the name of this file to your username may solve the “iPhone no pictures found on the device” problem. So you can take a try following the steps below as well:
1. Connect your iPhone to your computer, and make sure that your computer can access it.
2. Go to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Photo Acquisition, then locate the file named PreviouslyAcquired.db.
3. Next, right-click on this file to choose Rename, and you can type your username. After that, press the Enter key.
Tip: Use a great tool to transfer photos from iPhone to Computer
If all of the above methods cannot help you solve the “iPhone no pictures found on this device” problem, but you need to transfer iPhone pictures to the computer, then maybe you can try a professional iPhone file transfer software - FoneTool. Just download the free software, and you can transfer photos from iPhone to PC easily, and will no longer be troubled by various problems with transferring pictures and videos.
You may use AirDrop-like apps to transfer pictures but AirDrop can only be used between Apple devices. But with the help of FoneTool, you can get many useful features to transfer pictures:
ow, let’s see how to use the FoneTool client to transfer photos from iPhone to laptop or desktop computer with just a few clicks:
1. Download and install the FoneTool client on your Windows PC. Run it and then connect iPhone to the computer.
2. Choose Phone Transfer and click Start Transfer under iPhone to PC.
3. Then you can select the Photos option on the left menu. You can select the photos you want to transfer to the PC on the screen.
4. Then you can choose a storage path for your photos, and click on the Start Transfer button. After that, your iPhone pictures will be transferred to the PC quickly.
We believe that you will know an effective solution to the “iPhone no pictures found on the device” error and know how to fix no new iPhone pictures found on this device. If you want to transfer iPhone pictures to PC fast, FoneTool may be a great option for you. In addition to transferring pictures from iPhone to PC, it allows you to transfer videos, songs, and messages between iPhone and computer or transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone.