How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC Using iTunes
I have about 2K pictures on my iPhone and I think I should transfer them to computer. They have eaten too much storage on my iPhone. I would like to know how to transfer photos from iPhone to pc using iTunes. Any advice?
- Question from Apple Community
You like photography and iPhone is really a good tool for taking beautiful pictures. During the journey, it could record the stunning scenery and happy moments. The quality of iPhone photos could be compared with the post-processed ones. If you need to view these photos on computer, edit them with Photoshop on computer, or just want to permanently save them to computer, you need to know how to transfer photos from iPhone to computer.
Using iTunes is one of the solutions but there could be other better ways to help you transfer photos more efficiently.
iTunes could be used to save photos from iPhone to PC, but you should know what iTunes backup includes. iTunes can help you make a whole backup of your iPhone including your photos. It's impossible to only transfer photos from iPhone to PC using iTunes. Besides, the backup files are unreadable, so you cannot view your photos on computer after the backup.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC with iTunes on Windows 10
1. Download and launch iTunes. Connect iPhone to computer with USB cable.
2. Click the phone-shape icon and click Summary in the sidebar.
3. Select This Computer > Click Back Up Now to save iPhone data to computer.
iPhone photos would be saved in the backup of your full iPhone. It is not allowed to directly view the content in that backup on computer. When you click Restore in Summary in iTunes, the content on your iPhone would be fully replaced by the data from that backup. If you still want to check whether your photos have been saved to computer, you need the help of iPhone backup extractor.
When you just want to transfer photos from iPhone to PC, iTunes is powerless. You need one professional iPhone data transfer tool, such as FoneTool. It can help you to quickly transfer photos from iPhone to computer in the way you want.
★ Preview and Select: Transfer photos you need instead of all of them.
★ No Compression: Your photos will be transferred in their original size and quality.
★ Widely Compatible: It supports the latest iPhone 13/12/11 and also supports iOS 15/14.
Example: Transfer Photos from iPhone to Windows 10
Step 1. Download FoneTool, connect iPhone to computer with USB cable.
Step 2. Select Phone Transfer on the left window, and move mouse to iPhoner to PC. Click Start Transfer.
Step 3. Click the Plus icon to preview and select photos from iPhone. After you select all the needed photos, click OK.
Step 4. Check the photos in the box. If you are sure to export these photos, click Start Transfer. You can choose a location to save the photos on Transfer Settings.
You may know that you can go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos to turn on iCloud Photos to backup photos to iCloud. Actually, if you have sent photos to iCloud, you could check them on iCloud server and download them to PC. It's also a workable way to transfer photos from iPhone to PC. But you should note that you only have 5 GB of free storage space to save your data.
1. Download iCloud client on computer and sign in your Apple ID.
2. Check Photos and enable download photos in Options.
3. Right-click the icon of iCloud in the lower-right corner on desktop to download photos.
4. Enter Windows Explorer.
5. Click iCloud Photos and find your photos in the folder of Downloads.
Photos app is a built-in application on Windows 10 PC. You could use it to directly transfer photos from iPhone to PC. However, it only can help you export camera roll photos. If you want to transfer photos that are stored in other albums, you can refer to the second part to get the method.
1. Connect iPhone to a Windows 10 computer with USB cable.
2. Click the Start button to search Photos app
3. Click Import From a USB device.
If you want to transfer photos from iPhone to PC using iTunes, the first section of this passage has given you the answer. You can make a whole backup of your iPhone including your photos. If your want to only transfer photos from iPhone to PC, you can try the other three methods.
Is this guide helpful? You could share it to help more people.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad