Can I backup all computers on network?
Backing up personal data should be part of the daily routine for individual users, and it's not difficult to achieve. But in companies, schools, cyber cafes and such occasions, administrators need to manage multiple computers, and the time & admin costs increase accordingly.
The best way to relieve this burden is adopting a centralized backup solution, thus you can backup all computers on network and manage the tasks centrally. With it, you don't have to perform backup or restore machine by machine. All the operations can be done from the control console easily.
To accomplish this, you need an effective centralized backup software.
Centralized backup software for all computers within LAN
As you know, some centralized backup solutions are designed for skilled computer users and require relevant knowledge base. Here I would like to recommend a comprehensive backup software that even a novice can get started quickly - AOMEI Centralized Backupper.
It enables you to use a computer as central console, and backup all Windows desktops, laptops, virtual machines, servers on network. With it, you can create and manage centralized File Backup, Partition Backup, System Backup, Disk Backup or even Real-Time Sync tasks with simple clicks, and monitor the status of all the clients.
Besides, there's a SQL Server Backup feature designed for SQL Server 2005-2019. With it, you can easily backup or restore multiple SQL databases on any computer within LAN, or even restore SQL database to another Server.
Whether you want to backup computers on home network or in company, it offers the following advantages:
☛ Automatic scan and group policy
- The centralized backup software will automatically scan and list all the computer on the network.
- You can divide controled computers into different groups to apply different backup schemes.
☛ Flexible backup strategy
- Manage backup settings like compression, encryption or spliting, add comments, enable email notification, select backup mode (intelligent or exact), etc.
- You can choose schedule as once/daily/weekly/monthly, set up specific time point and frequency, select full, incremental or differential backup.
- When you backup all computers regularly, the backup files may accumulate to fill up the storage space, so you can set up a scheme to auto delete backups older than x days.
☛ Hot backup
- When you run a backup or a scheduled backup is triggered, the client computer will not be interrupted.
- Due to VSS technique, all the targeted files will be backed up even when they are being used.
How to backup all computers on network at once?
You can use this software to backup all computers on home or business network. And the operation is quite simple.
◉ First, download and install AOMEI Centralized Backupper on the centrol computer, and install the Agent package on all the clients (copy from installation path or install through ACB).
◉ Launch ACB, you will find all the computers within LAN under Computers. Select the ones you want to manage and Request Control. Once the applications are approved, you can create backup task for all the computers at once.
Steps to create a centralized backup task for all computers:
1. Task system backup as an example. Go to Tasks > New Task and select System Backup.
2. In Step 1, click + Add Computers to select all the client computers you want to backup.
3. All the partitions required to perform a full system recovery will be auto selected. You can directly click on Step 2, and hit Add Storage to specify a network share/NAS and enter the credentials.
4. Manage backup Settings, set up backup Schedule or create an auto deletion Scheme as you need. Then you can click Start Backup and choose to Only create the task or Create and execute tasks.
As you can see, it is very easy to backup all computers on network with AOMEI Centralized Backupper. By default, scheduled backup will be performed as incremental backups to save disk space and backup running time.
The created backup tasks will show in the Tasks tab, and you can manage or restore it centrally.
If you need to manage multiple computers at the same time in your work or daily life, it is much less hassle to backup all computers on network at the same time than to operate them one by one.
With centralized backup software like AOMEI Centralized Backupper, you can create and manage backup tasks centrally. If one of the computers crashes, you can easily restore it to a normal state effortlessly. And not only computer files and OS, this software also supports you to auto backup SQL databases.