Why recover chat history on WeChat from iPhone 13?
Users chat to their friends, families, clients, etc. using WeChat, creating loads of chat history. One cannot deny the importance of the chat history on WeChat, because everyone cherishes the sweet and warm memories, deal certification, working arrangements, and so on.
But users suffer from chat history loss a lot. Except for retrieving chat history, some may need to do WeChat file recovery.
Recover WeChat Messages
I accidentally deleted a month-long WeChat conversation recently. I’d like to recover it. My last iCloud backup was BEFORE I made the delete mistake, so I assume the required data is still there. Any good ideas get a fresh Smiley Face!
- Question from Whirlpool
It is obvious that the user deleted the conversations carelessly, thus lost his/her chat history. Fortunately, he/she had a backup. But in some other cases, users may not be equipped with a backup.
So how to recover chat history on WeChat from iPhone 13? Let’s check it out in the following part.
How to recover chat history on WeChat from iPhone 13?
How to restore WeChat messages from iPhone 13? Trying to restore WeChat messages from iPhone 13 from a backup is a good choice. If you have created backups on iTunes, you could get back WeChat history using iTunes.
Of course, for those who do not possess one, a useful alternative will be given in this part.
Method 1. Restore WeChat messages from iPhone 13 from iTunes backup
Plenty of users will utilize iTunes to back up their iPhone data, music documents, etc., which helps users back up their data pretty completely. If you have never created any backups on iTunes but have activated iCloud, you could also try to restore WeChat history from iCloud.
- It is recommended to use a compatible charging cable. A lightning cable is preferable.
- Check the date, size, device, etc. of the backup before restoring from it.
- Restoring from the backup will wipe the current data on your device, so it is recommended to create a new backup in case you may need it.
- If iTunes cannot restore iPhone from iTunes backup, please get help.
Step 1. Start iTunes on your PC and connect your iPhone 13 to the computer.
Step 2. Click the “Device” icon.
Step 3. Go to “Summary” > “Restore Backup”. Choose a backup to recover from.
Method 2. Recover chat history on WeChat from iPhone 13 using Professional Data Recovery Tool
How to get back WeChat history from iPhone 13 without any difficulties?
Restoring backups from iTunes or iCloud is feasible but is way too inconvenient and not user-friendly.
Loading the backup will erase and overwrite the iPhone completely, thus, all your newly added/created data will be lost. With this, you might as well turn to professional iPhone data recovery tools for help.
As user-friendly software, AOMEI Data Recovery for iOS could help you restore chat history, pictures, audio, videos, etc.
- 10+ types of recoverable data, including photos, videos, notes, voice memos, etc.
- Select data to restore flexibly and quickly in only 3 steps.
- Support iOS 10.0 to iOS 16, 15, 14, etc.
- Compatible with iPhone/iPad/iPod touch, and also iPhone 14/13/12/11, etc.
When you experience chat history loss, it is a good option to use this tool.
- Please switch your iPhone into airplane mode as soon as possible when chat history loss happens to avoid data from being overwritten.
- When “Trust This Computer?” shows, tap “Trust” on your device.
Step 1. Install the AOMEI Data Recovery for iOS. Enjoy a free trial first. Connect your iPhone 13 to your PC via charging cable and authorize it to your PC.
Step 2. Click “Scan Now”. Please wait in patience for the scanning process.
Step 3. Then all the detected data will be listed, select the chat data you need, and then click “Recover”.
To avoid you from falling into the same dilemma once again in the future, here are some related suggestions.
· Back up your data on your iPhone 13 on a regular basis. To store your data on several devices is preferable. You could take advantage of professional backup software, AOMEI MBackupper.
· Check every time when deleting something if you have selected the right one or not.
In this article, we have talked about how to recover chat history on WeChat from iPhone 13; first, if you have a backup available on iTunes, you could make use of it to restore WeChat messages; if you don’t, then you could also turn to a third-party tool AOMEI Data Recovery for iOS.