For Windows & iPhone | How to Recover Deleted Voice Recordings?
How to recover deleted voice recordings on Windows, iPhone, and Android? This post lists varied methods for you to get back deleted voice recordings and prevent data loss.
Can you recover deleted audio recordings?
Voice recordings, as the name suggests, you can use apps to record your needed voices.
When it comes to meetings, interviews, speeches, foreign language learning, and podcasts, voice recordings are more advantageous than texts because recordings not only can save more time but also put the listeners in their shoes.
I recorded my teachers’ lessons so I could go over them afterward. I used the voice recording app on my iPhone. I did a factory reset and I completely forgot to back up or transfer the files. Is there any way to retrieve them?
- A user from XDA forums
But after accidental/intentional deletion, how to recover deleted voice recordings? If you’re striving to get your needed voice recordings back from Windows PC, iPhone, or other storage devices like Android, please read on.
How to recover deleted files from voice recorder on Windows 10/11?
Let’s begin with Windows because the same guideline applies to PCs and also governs iOS devices.
- Although the Windows OS will get rid of your deleted voice recordings after deletion, you can also recover deleted/lost voice recordings before overwriting. You’d better stop adding new voice recordings to the same storage devices based on this principle.
To avoid unnecessary steps, you can go to the Recycle Bin to recover recently deleted files as long as you haven’t emptied your Recycle Bin or pressed “Shift + Delete” to remove them.
Method 1. Recover deleted voice recordings from File History
If not, it’s inevitable for you to restore files from backups or use data recovery software. At the moment, let’s take File History as an example because of the following features.
- File History is ready to make copies of files in Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, Desktop folder, and OneDrive offline files stored on your PCs.
- As long as you’ve opened System and Security to enable File History or activated the System Protection of the local disk that contains your desired voice recordings, you can restore the original documents, even if they were deleted, lost, or damaged.
- After turning on the above features, you can recover overwritten PowerPoint files in Windows 10/11 by recovering previous versions of PPT files.
However, if your Windows OS is Win7 OS, this method is useless for you because File History is only compatible with Windows 8.0 operating system and above.
Step 1. Enter “Control Panel” in the search bar and open it. Then click the “System and Security” button.
Step 2. Locate File History and select the “Restore your files with File History” option.
Step 3. Click the “Restore personal files” button.
Step 4. If you want to get back deleted voice recordings to the previously saved path, click the “Restore” button. If you're going to change its saved path, right-click on “Restore” and select the “Restore to” option.
Method 2. Recover deleted voice recordings via data recovery software
If the above restrictions of File History have discouraged you from following it, so how to recover deleted files from voice recorders? At the moment, why don’t you try data recovery tools like MyRecover?
Especially for those users who don’t have backups like the above user. To make a wiser decision to utilize it or not, why not get an overview of this data recovery software first?
- ★Key features:
- Recover the deleted/lost Word, Excel, PPT, PDF, Photos, Videos, Audio, folders, compressed files, and other 200+ types of data from HDD, USB, SD cards, etc.
- Get the original path, filename, and format for the deleted files.
- Search your desired voice recordings by typing their filenames in the search bar or wait to find all the deleted and other lost files on your computers after scanning.
- Support NTFS, FAT32, exFAT, and ReFS file systems in Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, and Windows Server.
Step 1. Download and install MyRecover on your PC.
Step 2. Run it, and select the partition that includes the voice recordings you want. Then click the “Start Scan” button.
Step 3. Quick Scan and Deep Scan will detect all the deleted and other missing files after scanning automatically. You can also search for them.
Step 4. Go to Deleted files/Other missing files folder, and click “Recover x files” to restore your desired your voice recordings. Please remember to save them in a new path.
How to get back deleted voice recordings on iPhone?
Compared with desktop computers, iOS devices could be easier for Apple users to carry and record voices. So how to recover voice recordings on iPhone?
Similarly, you can recover recently deleted voice recordings from the Recently Deleted folder within 30 days after deletion. Beyond 30 days, you have no choice but to restore iPhone from iCloud/iTunes backup or use professional iPhone data recovery software.
Method 1. Recover deleted voice recordings on iPhone from iTunes backup
Let’s perform how to recover deleted voice recordings via iTunes backup because this application nearly covers all the content and settings on your iPhone.
As long as you’ve turned off iCloud Voice Memos, you can restore iPhone with iTunes without losing data because iTunes doesn’t include the data saved in iCloud.
Before the restoration process, please ensure your selected iTunes backup that includes your needed voice recordings because you’re not permitted to preview all the files and restore selected data to your iPhone.
Moreover, all the existing data will be replaced by your selected iTunes backup. Please refer to the steps below.
Step 1. Launch your latest iTunes and connect your iOS device to the computer. Then click the “iPhone” icon on the left.
Step 2. After clicking the “Summary” tab, select the “Restore Backup” option.
Step 3. Select an iTunes backup you prefer and click “Restore” to start the restoration process.
Method 2. Recover deleted voice recordings using iPhone data recovery software
If you’re unwilling to erase all the content and settings on your iOS devices, there’s no better way than using highly-praised iPhone data recovery software like AOMEI Data Recovery for iOS to recover deleted voice recordings.
After turning on your iPhone, you’re ready to recover deleted items via it because this tool can fill in the above gaps.
- ★Key features:
- Preview all the files and restore the partial data to your iPhone.
- The iPhone data recovery process doesn’t need you to overwrite all the current data.
- Recover Voice Memos, Photos, Videos, Contacts, Notes, Reminders, Call History, etc.
- Support varied types of iPhones such as iPhone 13/14, and work well with iOS 10.0 and later like the latest iOS 15/16.
Step 1. After launching AOMEI Data Recovery for iOS on the computer. Then connect your iPhone to your PC.
Step 2. Please “Trust This Computer” on your iPhone, and click the “Scan Now” button.
Step 3. Then you can see all the recoverable Voice Memos under the Voice Memos tab. Please select the voice recordings you want and click the “Recover” button to retrieve them.
Relevant Q&A for voice recorder recovery
Since you’ve learned how to recover deleted voice recordings on Windows and iPhone, let’s get more tips about voice recorder recovery in the following part.