Table of Conent:
What is iCloud backup?
iCloud is a cloud backup service for Apple users. It gives each Apple ID 5 GB of storage space to backup and sync data on iPhone, iPad, Mac. So if your iCloud storage is enough, you can easily access your data on multiple devices connected with the same Apple ID.
However, for some reason, lots of users want to know how to turn off iCloud on iPhone 12/11/X/8/7. For example, if your iCloud storage is getting full, you can disallow some app, like note, music to use iCloud to save more free space for important content. In addition, you might have backed up iPhone data to another place and don’t want to sync data to other devices.
What happens when you turn off iCloud?
Some people may concern what will happen once disable the iCloud service. Is there any negative influence on data? Generally, there are 3 main consequences of turning off your iCloud.
● Certain data can be synced to other devices: For example, if you turn off the iCloud photo library, you can’t view and manage newly added photos on your iPad and Mac. You can also transfer photos to your iPad in other ways if you need them.
● Your data can get lost: Once you turn off iCloud Drive, and don’t get another alternative way to backup your new data, your data can be easily lost when encountering some unexpected issues.
● Some features may be no longer in use if you sign out of iCloud: Some features like Handoff, Apple Pay, Keychain, Find My are based on iCloud. Signing out account will make these features unavailable. We don’t suggest you sign out of your iCloud account unless you want to sell your iPhone.
How to turn off iCloud on iPhone 12, 11, X, 8?
Now follow the detailed steps below to change your iCloud setting according to your need.
● Turn off iCloud Music, Photos, Note, and other Apps on iPhone
For iOS 10.3 and later versions:
1. Go To “Settings” on your iPhone.
2. Tap “[Your Name]” and select “iCloud”. Here you can decide which apps can use iCloud to sync.
For example, you can tap “Photos” and disable “iCloud Photos” features. Then the iPhone will stop uploading and storing photos and videos in iCloud. Or tap “iCloud Backup” and disable the option to turn off automatically back up data.
For iOS 10.2 or previous versions:
1. Tap “Settings” on your iPhone.
2. Tap “iCloud” to enter iCloud settings. Then turn off your iCloud.
● Sign out of iCloud account:
Signing out of iCloud will completely stop the service and turn off Find My and other features. It is a necessary step before your abandon an iPhone, iPad, or Mac. But if you just want to stop uploading data to iCloud storage you can disable all options on the iCloud setting.
Go to “Settings” and choose the [Your Name] banner. Scroll down and tap “Sign Out”, then enter your Apple ID account to sign out.
Important step: Protect iPhone data after turning off iCloud
As we mentioned above, iCloud is a great way to backup your important data to protect your data from loss. If you don’t backup your iPhone, once you encounter some unexpected issues making your data deleted or lost from your iPhone, you don’t have a chance to get them back.
After turning off iCloud backup on your iPhone, it is vital to get an alternative way to backup your iPhone. Here we recommend a popular iOS backup and transfer tool named AOMEI MBackupper. It can easily backup your photos, videos, messages, contacts, and other data to a computer and external disk.
Compared with iCloud, it does not have a storage limit, you can easily and quickly backup a large volume of data on your iPhone.
Now you can download this tool, and see how it works:
Step 1. Connect your iPhone with your computer, and tap “Trust” on your iPhone.
Step 2. Run AOMEI MBackupper, and choose “Custom Backup” or “Photos Backup” according to your need.
Step 3. Then you can choose which data you want to backup, and you can also click the icon to choose specific files to backup.
Step 4. You can change the storage path, and click "Start Backup".
Now you have known how to turn off iCloud on iPhone 12, 11, X, 8, 7. You can turn off iCloud Photos, Music Library, and other apps on an iPhone. Hope the guide can help you save iCloud storage. And backing up iPhone to your computer or a disk with AOMEI MBackupper is a nice alternative. Apart from backup data, this tool can also help you to transfer iPhone files to a PC.