How to Download Photos from iPhone to Computer [6 Ways]
Don't know how to download photos from iPhone to computer? This guide will show you 6 ways to transfer photos from iPhone to PC Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 with or without USB.
How to download photos from iPhone to computer
Taking pictures with iPhone cameras has become the most common way for people to record their daily lives. Then the pictures and videos that accumulate over time will take up a lot of storage space. Therefore, how to download photos from iPhone to computer has become a frequently asked question.
Some users want to transfer iPhone photos to PC as backup, while others want to transfer photos to computer for further editing. In this guide, I will show you 6 best ways to transfer iPhone pictures to PC. You can read first and find the one that suits you best.
Read on to learn how to download pictures from iPhone to computer.
Here are three ways that can help you download photos from iPhone to computer with USB. If you want to export photos that are saved in different albums, then Way 2 is a better choice.
Through File Explorer, you can access the DCIM folder of iPhone, from where you can find all camera roll photos. However, it will not show your photo albums, which means you need to open the folders one by one to find all the photos you need. It may not be a good choice if you want to transfer photo albums from iPhone to PC.
You can follow the steps below to download photos from iPhone to PC via File Explorer.
1. Connect your iPhone to computer via a USB cable > Trust the computer.
2. Open This PC > Find your iPhone and open it.
3. Go to Internal Storage > DCIM > Now you can open the subfolders to find the photos you need and copy them to computer.
If you want to easily access iPhone photos on PC - view all albums and photos in them, then you can use FoneTool. It’s one professional iPhone data management tool for Windows users. With FoneTool, you can easily download photos from iPhone to computer with USB cable.
- ★More features of FoneTool:
- It is able to transfer photos between iPhone and computer, between two iPhones.
- It will list photo albums which makes it easy for you to find the photos you need.
- It will transfer iPhone photos in full resolution without compressing their quality.
- It is able to save live photos as video or save them in .jpg or .heic format.
You can click the download button to get FoneTool and follow the steps below to learn how to get photos from iPhone to computer in minutes.
1. Launch FoneTool > Connect your iPhone to computer via the USB cable > Enter the passcode on iPhone.
2. After FoneTool recognizes your device, choose Phone Transfer > Go to iPhone to PC and click Start Transfer.
3. Choose Photos > Select the photos you want to transfer > Click OK to continue.
4. Click Start Transfer > Select a storage path > Click Transfer to transfer iPhone photos in full resolution.
You need to know:
💡 FoneTool also offers other useful functions to help you better manage your photos. You can rely on HEIC Converter to convert photos to JPG/JPEG/PNG.
💡 To free up space, you can let the Photo Deduplication tool help you find duplicate photos on iPhone and computer.
For Windows 8, 10, 11 users, you can rely on Photos app to download photos from iPhone to PC. It can help you transfer camera roll photos. In addition to photo transfer, this app can also help you edit, delete or share photos. Learn how to download pics from iPhone to computer step-by-step.
1. Plug in your iPhone and launch Photos App.
2. Click the Import button in the upper right corner > Choose From a USB device.
3. Uncheck the photos you do not want to export.
4. Click Important settings to select the storage path > Click Import selected.
Do you wanna know how to download photos from iPhone to computer wirelessly? Maybe you don't have a USB cable or your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone. In this case, you can rely on the network to complete the transfer. Let’s see how to download photos from iPhone to computer without USB.
If you have enough iCloud storage space, then you can choose to download photos from iPhone to PC using iCloud. First upload photos from iPhone to iCloud and then download photos on computer. Continue to read and learn how to download pictures from iPhone to computer without iTunes.
- Each iCloud user has 5GB of free storage space. You can go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud to check the available storage space. If needed, you can upgrade the storage plan.
- The sync requires a stable Wi-Fi network to work. If the Wi-Fi is poor, you may find photos not upload to iCloud.
Step 1. Upload photos to iCloud
Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Choose Photos > Turn on iCloud Photos or Sync this iPhone.
When this option is enabled, it will automatically upload your photos to iCloud. However, it will tell you if the sync is done or not. You can go to iCloud.com on computer to check the photos that have been uploaded.
Step 2. Download photos on computer
1. Open a browser and go to iCloud.com.
2. Enter your Apple ID and passcode > If you have turned on two-factor authentication, please enter the six-digit PIN.
3. After accessing your account, choose Photos > Now you can see all your photos are there > You can select the photos you need and click the Download button to save them
With iCloud Photo Library, you can sync all photos on iPhone. However, if you have a large photo library, it may take a long time to complete the sync. What’s worse, there may not be enough storage space to store all the photos. The good news is that you can take advantage of iCloud Drive to sync selected photos. Let’s see how to download photos from iPhone to computer using iCloud Drive.
1. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Drive > Turn on Sync this iPhone.
2. Go to Photos app > Select the photos you need > Tap the Share button in the lower left corner > Scroll down a little and choose Save to Files > Choose iCloud Drive as the destination. You can tap the three-dots icon to create a new folder to save your photos.
3. Now you can go to iCloud.com > Choose iCloud Drive and download the photos to computer.
💡 In addition to iCloud Drive, you can use other cloud storage options of your choice, like Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive. The operation process is pretty much the same. The only difference may be that you need to download these apps on your iPhone.
In most cases, iCloud is a good choice if you want to download photos from iPhone to computer without USB. However, it may not be a good choice if you don't have enough space. Therefore, you may want to know how to download photos from iPhone to computer without iCloud.
Fortunately, you can AirDrop photos from iPhone to PC. Although AirDrop is not available on Windows PC, there are many AirDrop-like apps that can help you transfer data between iPhone and PC wirelessly. Here we take Snapdrop as an example to show you how to download photos from iPhone to PC.
1. Connect your computer and iPhone to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Visit SnapDrop.net on iPhone and PC. You will see a nickname under the icon.
3. On your iPhone, tap the icon and you can choose Photo Library to select the photos you need.
4. Accept the photos on computer and that’s it.
💡 If you are interested in AirDrop for Windows, you can refer to these guides to learn more:
- [2023 Guide] How to Use AirDrop on Windows 11
- AirDrop for Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 PC Free Download
- How to AirDrop Files from iPhone 14 to Windows 11/10/8/7
That’s all about how to download photos from iPhone to computer. If you want to transfer a large number of photos, you can use File Explorer, FoneTool or Photos app to help you transfer photos with USB cable. If you just want to transfer a small number of photos, you can use iCloud or AirDrop-like apps to transfer photos wirelessly.