[Comprehensive Steps] How to Backup iPhone 14 to iCloud
When getting a new iPhone 14, you can't wait to backup iPhone 14 to iCloud. Read on, this passage will show you how to do it.
Want to backup iPhone to iCloud?
With so many new features, the iPhone 14 is getting a lot of attention right now, and it's no wonder that most users want to get it and enjoy the new device. When getting a new iPhone, Apple gives you 5 GB of free iCloud storage that you can use to automatically back up important data on your iPhone to iCloud.
This way, if your iPhone is lost or stolen or accidentally damaged, you can still keep your data by easily restoring your iPhone data. Learning the process of how to back up iPhone 14 to iCloud can help avoid such problems.
What does iCloud Backup include?
You may wonder what iCloud backup exactly includes. Actually, with Apple iCloud, you can back up:
● App data, device settings, Apple Watch backups, home screen and app organization,
● iMessage, text (SMS), MMS messages, photos, videos,
● Purchases history from Apple services, like music, movies, TV shows, apps, and books,
● Ringtones, and Visual Voicemail password.
You can choose between protected and unprotected content, including calendars, contacts, health notes, photos, reminders, wallets, and more. There are also third-party apps that can connect to your iCloud account. Add and revoke these permissions at any time.
How to backup iPhone 14 to iCloud in simple steps
In this part, we will see how to backup iPhone 14 to iCloud in a few steps. But before backing up all your data, you'll need to do some tidying up to make sure the process works:
● Make sure your account has enough free space in iCloud. If your iCloud storage is full, you need to update the storage plan or free up more space.
● You need a valid Apple ID and password to access iCloud and its features.
● Connect your iPhone with a stable Wi-fi network.
Now, refer to the following steps to back up your iPhone 14.
To automatically back up your iPhone 14:
Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > turn on iCloud Backup. Then, when your iPhone is connected to power, locked, and connected to Wi-Fi, the device will back up automatically.
To back up iPhone to iCloud manually, tap Back Up Now under the iCloud Backup option. Here, you can also see when the device was last successfully backed up.
Tip: If you want to back up some specific files (such as photos, contacts, mail, calendars, reminders, notes, Safari, etc.) to iCloud, you can enable them. Go to Settings > tap [your name] > iCloud > toggle on them.
Bonus: How to fully or selectively backup iPhone 14 without iCloud
iCloud is really a handy tool when your iPhone is connected to a stable Internet connection, but without the Internet, you won't be able to do anything with iCloud Backup. Also, iCloud only offers 5 GB of free storage. And sometimes, iCloud may have some issues that may cause data loss or leak.
In this case, you can turn to professional iOS device backup software to safely back up your iPhone 14 on your computer. Here, FoneTool is recommended. Compared with iCloud, it offers more flexible backup options and it won't upload data to Server. It is completely safe for data.
● It not only allows you to fully backup iPhone, but also allows you to preview and select specific data to be backed up.
● The data can be restored to any iPhone without data erase.
● No internet connection is required, and the stable USB connection between iPhone and computer guarantees a fast and stable backup process.
● It enables you to backup iPhone to external hard drive, local folders on PC, or NAS, etc.
● It is perfectly compatible with almost iOS/iPadOS models, from iPhone 4 to iPhone 14, iPad Mini, Air, Pr, etc., and works well in the latest iOS 16/15/14.
Download this tool on your computer to see how to backup iPhone without iCloud.
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to computer with USB, launch FoneTool.
Step 2. Select Phone Backup on the left pane, and choose Selective Backup on the home screen. Click Get Started.
Note: If you want to backup everything on your iPhone, includes apps (data files, preference), Safari (history, bookmarks). system settings, as well as some common data like photos, contacts, text messages, music, video, etc., click Full Backup.
Step 3. Tap each icon to choose the specific data you want, click OK.
Step 4. Click Backup Storage path to choose a storage path to save the backup and click Start Backup.
After the backup is completed, you can click Back to enter the Backup History interface to browse the data, and restore or delete the backup files as needed.
That’s all about how to backup iPhone 14 to iCloud. You can achieve it in simple steps. But remember, you only have 5 GB of base storage. If you have more than these photos, videos, or important files, it's a good idea to back up iPhone to your computer with FoneTool.
With this tool, you can also transfer photos, contacts, videos, music from iPhone to computer, iPhone/iPad or other iOS devices.