Anyone can help? How do I get my data back from iCloud?
Users now are getting used to utilizing iCloud to back up their data, which is a good habit for keeping data safe. They suppose that it could offer some help when they need it.
But, when emergencies occur, they found that it could not, because they don’t know where the iCloud backup files are stored or how to operate since iCloud is virtual, without a solid profile. Users cannot “truly” touch or get access to the data backup in iCloud.
So they are wondering how to recover data from iCloud to iPhone on earth?
Here some cases are given.
I am trying to back up the data from my old phone to the new one. I believe I completed a backup from my old phone to iCloud, but I cannot find a command to restore the data to my new phone.
- Question from iMore
Hello, my kid just deleted my ireal pro app on my iPad. Downloaded the app again and lost all the songs and playlists. Unfortunately, I didn't back up anything before...... I've checked that I have the iCloud backup of ireal pro. Is it possible to restore all the songs from iCloud?
- Question from iREALPRO
We could notice that the first user needs to transfer data to a new device, thus he/she could utilize iCloud Backup. It is quite easy. While the second one lost data on a specific app.
It depends on the app design feature (whether it can sync with iCloud) and if the lost data can be restored. But, in a nutshell, it is possible to retrieve data from iCloud to iPhone.
Thus we could conclude that when users need to transfer their data from an old iPhone to a new one, they may turn to iCloud Backup for assistance; in addition, when they experience data loss like music, photographs, messages, and so on, they are in need of iCloud, too.
So, how to retrieve info from iCloud to iPhone? Time waits for no one, so let’s move on to the next section.
How to recover data from iCloud to iPhone?
To make it clear, we’d not refuse to figure out what is covered in your iCloud Backup.
In general, iCloud Backup can cover almost all the data and settings, including app data, device settings, iMessage data, what you have purchased in the APPLE service, etc.
But, it does not cover what has been stored in your iCloud. Let’s see how you can check what is covered in your iCloud.
Go to “Settings” > “Apple ID” > “iCloud” > “APPS USING ICLOUD”.
You can select what apps to use iCloud, which means the data in these apps (just as the Contacts, Reminders, Health, etc. in the pic below), will be synced via devices that the same iCloud account is logged in. When you connect to a WiFi network, the contents you have chosen will be automatically synced.
And here are the steps to check and view what is included in your iCloud Backup.
Step 1. Go to “Settings” > “Apple ID” > “iCloud” > “Manage Storage” > “Backups”.
Step 2. Tap your device, and go to “BACKUP OPTIONS”. You could choose what app data you want to back up, and click “Show ALL Apps” to manage all the apps on your device.
Now it is time to restore data from iCloud by following the steps here.
Method 1. Restore data from iCloud to iPhone via resetting
How to retrieve info from iCloud to iPhone? Since you have activated iCloud Backup, you could make it quite easy to restore data from iCloud.
- If you are going to restore data from iCloud to a brand new device, which has never been set up, you could skip the 1st step. But if you have set it up, you need to wipe the current data as well.
- By utilizing this feature, you will have to erase all the data on your device. To recover iPhone without losing data, it is suggested to make a backup with iTunes or a third-party back tool.
- A WiFi network is required.
- While choosing a backup to restore, please check the size, and device of your backups to restore from the right one.
Step 1. Go to “General” > “Reset” > “Erase All Content and Settings”. Follow the instruction to wipe your phone.
Step 2. After rebooting, you could set up your iPhone. Then you need to connect to a WiFi network. Coming to “Apps & Data”, click “Restore from iCloud Backup”, then sign in with your iCloud Apple ID. Choose a backup to recover from.
By utilizing this feature, users could also restore iPhone to previous date if they need.
- It is an official way to get your data back, so it is quite secure.
- It is totally free and easy.
- It is not selective, and not flexible enough for users to choose what to restore.
- The process is too long. It takes hours to get everything ready.
Method 2. Good Alternative - Restore data from iCloud to iPhone selectively without resetting
How do I get my data back from iCloud in a breeze? To retrieve data from iCloud by resetting your phone is quite easy, but it takes too long and is not flexible.
What’s worse, resetting means that the current data would get lost for good, which is the last thing users want to see.
To avoid this, users might as well try some professional data recovery software, Dr. Fone, which can help users selectively and without resetting.
- When using this, please do not connect your device to your computer.
- Please check the size, date, account, and device to see if you have selected the right one.
Step 1. Install and run the Dr. Fone. Click “Data Recovery” > “Recover from iCloud Backup”.
Step 2. After logging into your iCloud account, all backup histories will be listed, choose the right one you need to recover.
Step 3. Select types of data that fit your preference to store the data on your computer selectively.
- Users could recover data from iCloud to iPhone with flexibility, according to their specific needs.
- Users could download the data to their computers without erasing their iPhones, thus avoid further data loss.
✘ Cons: Some features are paid to use.
How to back up your data smartly?
It can be said that to recover data from restored iPhone without backup is quite difficult, that is why we emphasize backup so much.
Almost all users activate iCloud to sync their data, however, the free storage it offers is too little to take advantage of. The only-5GB storage cannot meet a large number of users’ needs. Sometimes, only one social software can take up several GB.
So, is there any trusty iPhone backup software that can facilitate users back up their data smartly? Here is a software recommendation, AOMEI MBackupper, which is a good helper.
- There are several powerful features and backup schemes in AOMEI MBackupper, here to ensure the integrity of your data, you could choose to utilize “Full Backup”. Also, you could choose “Photos Backup” to back up your photos, or “Custom Backup” to create backups selectively according to your preference.
- If you want to back up private data like Health data, Keychain data, etc., please make sure to toggle on the option “Backup Encryption”, which will protect your privacy firmly.
Step 1. Install AOMEI MBackupper on your PC, and connect your iPhone via a compatible cable.
Step 2. Go to “Full Backup”.
Step 3. Select the backup path. Then click “Start Backup”.
Thus, a full backup can be successfully created. You could restore from it whenever you need.
To sum up
Two useful ways have been given in detail to solve the question “How to recover data from iCloud to iPhone?”. First, users could restore data from iCloud by erasing their phones, which might lead to current data loss on their devices. Then, a good alternative is offered.
By utilizing a professional iPhone data recovery software, users could retrieve their data from iCloud without data loss and selectively, meanwhile, it can also help users recover deleted data from iPhone, since accident deletion is one of the most common reasons for data loss on iPhone.
Moreover, a powerful backup software recommendation is provided, too. AOMEI MBackupper could help users backup their data smartly and automatically with wonderful backup schemes.