Why are All my Old Yahoo Emails Gone? Click Here to Fix it!
Why are all my old Yahoo emails gone? Does yahoo automatically delete old emails? Find answers and get your disappeared emails back.
Why did all my Yahoo emails disappear?
Yahoo is a common email service in the market. You can use it to receive and send emails in daily life and work. Unfortunately, you may find that your old Yahoo emails disappeared from your Yahoo inbox, which can be troublesome for you. So, “Why are my old Yahoo emails gone?” Let’s see some possible reasons for it:
- Emails were deleted by accident.
- Hacker attack can also delete your emails.
- The Internet is not working properly.
- Yahoo deleted all my emails due to inactivity (If you haven't signed in to Yahoo Mail for 12 months or more).
Why did all my Yahoo emails disappear? In most cases, your Yahoo emails are disappeared from accidental deletion, hacker attacks, or inactive deletion. As a result, we prepared some solutions to recover deleted emails from Yahoo. You can find an effective method to get your lost Yahoo emails back in this post.
3 fixes to old Yahoo emails gone on computer
After knowing “why are all my Yahoo emails gone”, there are 3 effective fixes to recover your deleted Yahoo emails if you are working on a computer. If your emails have been lost for a long time, please refer to Fix 3 directly.
Fix 1. Find disappeared emails in Trash folder
There is a Trash folder in Yahoo. Once your emails are deleted, Yahoo will keep your deleted emails in the Trash folder for 7 days. Thus, you can try looking for your disappeared emails from Trash folder, just like recovering deleted files from Recycle Bin in a Windows operating system. Here is how to do it:
1. Go to the Yahoo Mail page, and log into your account first.
2. In the left panel, click on the Trash option. If fortunately, your disappeared emails will show up in the right part.
3. After reviewing and confirming the disappeared email, you can choose the email you want to recover to your inbox. Then click on the Restore to inbox icon. And your Yahoo emails will go back to your inbox then.
Fix 2. Get disappeared emails back via a request
If your Trash folder has been cleaned up and you cannot find the deleted files from it, please consider submitting a restore request to Yahoo Help. If your files are deleted in 7 days, Yahoo will restore your emails in most cases. There is no guarantee that your emails can be back but you can send a request to have a try:
1. Head to the Yahoo Help page. Press the Send a Restore Request button here.
2. Choose Mail: Accidentally deleted messages on webMail on the Describe the problem drop-down menu. Select the time when you last see the missing messages. Type your Yahoo ID and email address correctly.
3. After the above, click on the Create Request button to send the restore request to Yahoo Help for your disappeared emails.
Fix 3. Recover permanently deleted emails
However, your old Yahoo emails may be deleted months or years ago, then you cannot recover emails in the 2 ways above. To recover deleted Yahoo emails from months ago or even years ago, the best solution is to use a professional data recovery tool called MyRecover.
Once your Yahoo emails have been saved on your Windows computer in the past time, MyRecover can help you find the lost or deleted emails no matter where your emails were saved in.
- As an outstanding recovery tool, MyRecover has many shining points that can be the reasons you choose it:
- Recover data from all kinds of circumstances: Support formatted data recovery, recovery from virus attacks, accidental deletions, system crashes, and more.
- Support recovery for more than 200 types of data: In MyRecover, you can get back any type of data like emails, texts, videos, pictures, audio, compressed files, and so on.
- Allow recovery from many storage devices: HDD, SSD, USB flash drives, external hard drives, SD cards are all supported in MyRecover.
- High recovery rate and recovery speed: MyRecover will scan, locate and retrieve your lost and deleted files successfully in a short time.
- Available in all Windows operating systems: MyRecover is compatible perfectly with Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 and Windows Server 2022, 2019, 2016, 2012, etc.
Now, click on the Download Software button to get the best data recovery software on your computer. It does not matter if you know nothing about computer. Just follow the 3-step guideline to recover your disappeared Yahoo emails.
1. On the MyRecover page, click the partition or disk where your email files were stored before. Next, click on Start Scan to scan it.
2. You are able to see all your deleted email files and other missing files after the process of Quick Scan and Deep Scan automatically by MyRecover.
3. After the above, you can check the scanning result. And select a new location to save your recovered email files. At last, click on the Recover X files button to recover your disappeared Yahoo emails right now.
How to find disappeared Yahoo emails on phone
Why have all my Yahoo emails disappeared on iPhone? There probably because of outdated iOS update, system errors, wrong Yahoo email account, incorrect sync settings, etc. If your emails are deleted in 7 days and you want a solution to be used on phone. Please refer to the tutorial here to find your disappeared Yahoo emails from the Trash folder on phone:
1. Run the Yahoo Mail app on your phone. Go to the Inbox page. And tap the Trash option on the navigation menu.
2. Likewise, you can choose the deleted emails here, and choose the Move icon at the bottom. Then select Inbox. Your deleted emails will be recovered to Inbox then.
How to avoid Yahoo from deleting emails
Since you may meet the Yahoo emails gone issue because of deletion by Yahoo official. You can refer to some tips to avoid Yahoo from deleting your emails:
- Please keep your Yahoo mailbox active: Sign into your account at least once every 12 months to keep it active.
- Upgrade your account to Yahoo Mail Plus: In this way, your mailbox will be kept active and protect your emails from deletion by Yahoo.
- Reclaim an inactive mailbox by signing into it: If you sign into an inactive mailbox, you can recover the email address but not the original contents in it.
Written in the end
Why are all my old Yahoo emails gone? Now you have known accidental deletion, inactive mailbox, hacker attacks are some common causes. For this, you can try methods in the post to retrieve deleted emails on laptop, desktop, or phone effectively.