The address book saved in the Contacts app may be the most important data for you. After all, it contains the phone numbers as well as email address, birthdays and other information of family and friends. It’s a wise idea to backup iPhone contacts regularly to prevent accidental loss.
So how to transfer contacts from iPad to computer as backup? There are various methods helping you export contacts from iPad/iPhone to a computer. Here in this guide, we will show you 4 commonly used methods, and you can choose one according to your situation.
To save iOS contacts to a computer, you can rely on FoneTool to make it. It is a powerful and professional iOS transfer tool enabling your to export contacts, photos, videos, messages, music, etc from iPhone/iPad to computer. And you can easily import contacts to another iPad/iPhone even with a different Apple account.
In addition, this tool comes with some advantages and features to meet different needs, such as
★ Selectively or fully transfer– It lets you preview your contacts and transfer all or several contacts to your computer.
★ Easy-to-use – It uses an intuitive interface. So anyone can handle this process easily.
★ Great compatibility – It works well with all iPadOS and iOS devices, including iPad/iPad Air/ iPad Pro / iPad Mini, iPhone 14/13/12.
★ No Data Loss During transfer – Unlike other tools, It will not erase any existing contacts when you want to transfer data between iPhone and computer.
★ Change transfer location - You can save your contacts on any location on your computer with FoneTool. And you can also save them on an external disk.
See how to use this tool to copy contacts from iPad to computer:
Download and install FoneTool. It supports all iPhone/iPad models including the latest iPhone 14 (Pro Max/Pro/mini), iPad (10 gen), iPad Pro 2022.
1. Launch the tool > Connect your iPad to computer via the USB cable > Enter your passcode on iPad so the software can access your device.
2. Run FoneTool, and click "Phone Transfer" on the main interface. Go to "iPhone to PC" and click "Start Transfer".
3. Now click "+" and choose Contacts. In this window, you can choose all or any contacts you need. Then click "OK".
4. Click Start Transfer > You can save contacts as vCard or CSV format. Then choose a storage path to save your contacts > Finally click Transfer.
Now you can check if the selected contacts are saved on your computer. Besides, If you need, you can click "PC to iPhone" to import contacts from computer to iPad/iPhone.
iTunes is the Apple official tool to transfer data between computer and iOS devices. It can help you sync all iPhone contacts to Windows Contacts, Outlook Contacts or Google Contacts. After you have synced contacts with Windows Contacts, you can choose to export contacts to CSV format. In this way, you can use spreadsheet applications such as Excel to view your contacts.
1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes on computer.
3. Click the Device tab > Choose Info.
4. Check the box “Sync Contacts with” > Select “Windows Contacts”, “Outlook”, or “Google Contacts”.
5. Choose to sync All contacts or Selected groups.
6. Click Sync to start syncing contacts from iPhone to computer.
◆ If you choose to sync contacts to Outlook or Google, you can open the application to check the contacts.
◆ If you have synced contacts with Windows Contacts, you can find the exported contacts under the username folder. The contacts will be saved in a folder named Contacts. To save contacts to CSV format, please click the Export option to make it.
One wireless way to transfer contacts from iPad to PC is to use iCloud. First sync iPad contacts to iCloud service and then go to iCloud.com on computer to download contacts.
Please connect iPad to a stable Wi-Fi connection and make sure there is enough iCloud storage space, otherwise, you may meet the iPhone contacts not syncing to iCloud issue.
● Sync iPad Contacts to iCloud
Go to Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Turn on Contacts option > Wait for the sync.
● Download iPad Contacts to Computer
1. Open a browser and go to iCloud.com > Log in with your Apple ID and passcode.
2. Choose Contacts from the list of provided services.
3. Click the Gear icon in the lower-left corner. If you want to export all contacts, then choose Select All. Or you can press Shift or Ctrl to select the needed contacts.
4. Click the Gear icon > Choose Export vCard... to save the contacts to your computer.
iPad contacts can be sent via email. You can choose to send yourself an email with the contact attachment and then check the email on computer and download it. But you can only send one contact each time.
1. Go to Contacts app on iPad > Find the contact you want to transfer.
2. Click Share Contact option > Choose Mail.
3. The contact will be attached as .vcf format in email > Enter your email address and send it.
4. Check the email on computer and download the attachment.
That’s all for how to transfer contacts from iPad to computer. You can let iTunes or FoneTool save contacts to the computer via USB connection. If you want to transfer contacts wirelessly, you can try iCloud or email contacts to yourself.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad