The address book saved in the Contacts app may be the most important data for you. After all, it contains the phone numbers as well as email address, birthday and other information of family and friends. It’s a wise idea to backup iPhone contacts regularly to prevent accidental loss.
So how to transfer contacts from iPad to computer as backup? When it comes to data transfer between iPad and computer, you might first think of using iTunes. iTunes can indeed help you transfer contacts, but it will sync all contacts. So here in this guide, besides the iTunes way, we will also show you three other ways that can help you transfer contacts selectively.
Way 1. How to Transfer Contacts from iPad to Computer Using iTunes
iTunes can help you sync all iPhone contacts to Windows Contacts, Outlook Contacts or Google Contacts. After you have synced contacts with Windows Contacts, you can choose to export contacts to CSV format. In this way, you can use spreadsheet applications such as Excel to view your contacts.
1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes on computer.
3. Click the Device tab > Choose Info.
4. Check the box “Sync Contacts with” > Select “Windows Contacts”, “Outlook”, or “Google Contacts”.
5. Choose to sync All contacts or Selected groups.
6. Click Sync to start syncing contacts from iPhone to computer.
◆ If you choose to sync contacts to Outlook or Google, you can open the application to check the contacts.
◆ If you have synced contacts with Windows Contacts, you can find the exported contacts under the username folder. The contacts will be saved in a folder named Contacts. To save contacts to CSV format, please click the Export option to make it.
Way 2. Save Contacts from iPad to Computer via AOMEI MBackupper
If you want to back up your contacts to PC in order to restore later, then you can rely on AOMEI Backupper to make it. It’s one professional iOS data backup tool specially designed for Windows PC users which helps backup contacts, messages, photos, music, videos and more.
★ Selectively Backup – It lets you preview and select the contacts you want to backup.
★ Check Backup Files Any Time – It allows you to view the backup contacts anytime you want.
★ Flexible Restore – It enables you to restore selected contacts to any iPhone, iPad, iPod touch.
★ No Data Loss During Restore – It will not erase any existing contacts or other data on the device.
See how to use this tool to copy contacts from iPad to computer:
Download and install AOMEI MBackupper. It supports all iPhone/iPad models including the latest iPhone 12 (Pro Max/Pro/mini), 12-inch iPad Pro (5th generation), 11-inch iPad Pro (3rd generation).
1. Launch the tool > Connect your iPad to computer via the USB cable > Enter your passcode on iPad so the software can access your device.
2. Choose Custom Backup option > Choose Contacts option.
3. Select the contacts you want to backup > Click OK to continue.
4. Select the storage path to save your contacts > Finally click Start Backup.
Way 3. How to Copy Contacts from iPad to Computer with iCloud
One wireless way to transfer contacts from iPad to PC is to use iCloud. First sync iPad contacts to iCloud service and then go to iCloud.com on computer to download contacts.
Please connect iPad to a stable Wi-Fi connection and make sure there is enough iCloud storage space, otherwise, you may meet the iPhone contacts not syncing to iCloud issue.
● Sync iPad Contacts to iCloud
Go to Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Turn on Contacts option > Wait for the sync.
● Download iPad Contacts to Computer
1. Open a browser and go to iCloud.com > Log in with your Apple ID and passcode.
2. Choose Contacts from the list of provided services.
3. Click the Gear icon in the lower-left corner. If you want to export all contacts, then choose Select All. Or you can press Shift or Ctrl to select the needed contacts.
4. Click the Gear icon > Choose Export vCard... to save the contacts to your computer.
Way 4. Download Contacts from iPad to Computer through Email
iPad contacts can be sent via email. You can choose to send yourself an email with the contact attachment and then check the email on computer and download it. But you can only send one contact each time.
1. Go to Contacts app on iPad > Find the contact you want to transfer.
2. Click Share Contact option > Choose Mail.
3. The contact will be attached as .vcf format in email > Enter your email address and send it.
4. Check the email on computer and download the attachment.
That’s all for how to transfer contacts from iPad to computer. You can let iTunes or AOMEI MBackupper save contacts to the computer via USB connection. If you want to transfer contacts wirelessly, you can try iCloud or email contacts to yourself.