How to Fix AirPods Pro Not Connecting to iPhone 14/13 Issue
AirPods Pro not connecting to iPhone 14? This guide will tell you why AirPods Pro won’t connect to iPhone 14 and the solutions.
The Issue: Can’t Connect AirPods Pro to iPhone 14/13
iPhone 14 has been available for some time. This new iPhone gives people an unprecedented experience, however, it also has some minor problems. In recent weeks, we have received several letters from users asking about AirPods Pro connection issues and this is one of them:
“Hi, my AirPods Pro won’t connect to my new iPhone 14 Pro Max. I've tried everything I can think of and still nothing. Won’t even detect them under Bluetooth device. Please help me.”
It seems that quite a few people are experiencing problems with AirPods Pro not being able to connect to iPhone 14. Generally speaking, most connection problems with AirPods are easy to fix, but users may not know all the methods, so we wrote this article to summarize all of them.
Why Won't My AirPods Pro Connect to My iPhone 14/13
Understanding the causes can help us to solve the problem better. These are some of the common reasons why you can’t connect AirPods Pro to iPhone 14/13.
- Your AirPods Pro are low on power.
- You did not set up the connection between AirPods and iPhone correctly.
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are not turned on or have problems.
- The wrong setting on your iPhone is blocking the connection and you don't notice.
- The iPhone has some glitches that cause connection errors.
How to Fix AirPods Pro Not Connecting to iPhone 14/13
AirPods Pro won’t connect to iPhone problem can occur due two one or two main reasons. You can try the following methods in turn to troubleshoot the connection issue.
Tip 1. Make Sure AirPods are Selected as Audio Device
First make sure that you have set up AirPods Pro using your iPhone. The AirPods Pro not connecting to iPhone 14/13 issue will happen if the AirPods are not selected as the audio device.
Swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen to open control center > Touch and hold the audio card > Tap the audio output button > Choose AirPods Pro as the audio device.
Tip 2. Check Battery Status
AirPods Pro can only function when they are charged enough, otherwise, you may meet the can’t connect AirPods Pro to iPhone 14/13 problem.
- You can check the charge percentage of your AirPods Pro as well as the charging case via the battery widget.
- Besides, when you open the case, the LED light will indicate the status. The green light indicates a full charge and the orange light indicates a low charge.
Tip 3. Check Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
AirPods Pro won’t connect to iPhone 14/13 when the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi aren't working properly. You can go to the control center to check if the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are turned on. If they are turned on, you can refresh the connection: turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and enable them again after a couple of seconds.
Tip 4. Reset Network Settings
“Reset Network Settings” will erase all network settings/caches and restore to the original network options and values. It can help get rid of the errors that lead to the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth problems.
Go to Settings app > Tap General > Choose Transfer or Reset iPhone > Tap Reset > Choose Reset Network Settings > Enter your passcode to confirm.
Tip 5. Reset All Settings
AirPods Pro not connecting to iPhone 14/13 problem may be caused by wrong settings. You can restore your iPhone to default settings to have a try. Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset All Settings to make it.
Tip 6. Force Restart Your iPhone
Some minor glitches on the device may cause the AirPods not connecting to iPhone 14/13 issue. You can perform a force restart to solve the problem.
Quickly press and release the Volume Up button > Quickly press and release the Volume Down button > Press and hold the Side button > Release the button until you see the Apple logo.
Tip 7. Re-pair AirPods Pro
Refreshing the connection between iPhone and AirPods Pro is one way worth trying.
1. Go to Settings app > Tap Bluetooth > Tap “i” icon next to your AirPods Pro > Choose Forget This Device.
2. Place both the AirPods in the charging case and close the lid > Wait 15 seconds and open the lid > Press and hold the setup button on the case for up to 10 seconds > The status light will flash white > Hold the case next to iPhone > Follow the steps on the screen to finish the connection.
Tip 8. Reset AirPods Pro
1. Unpair your AirPods from your iPhone: Go to Settings > Tap Bluetooth > Tap “i” icon next to your AirPods Pro > Choose Forget This Device > Tap again to confirm.
2. Put your AirPods Pro in the case and close the lid > Wait 30 seconds and open the lid.
3. Press and hold the setup button on the case for about 15 seconds until the status light flashes amber, then white.
4. Place your AirPods Pro next to your iPhone > Follow the steps on the screen to reconnect your AirPods Pro.
Tip 9. Update iOS to the Latest Version
Apple always keeps releasing new iOS to fix bugs and errors. You can go to have a check if there is a new update available. It may help you fix the AirPods Pro won’t connect to iPhone 14/13 problem.
Tip 10. Connect Apple
Have tried all methods above, but you still can’t connect AirPods Pro to iPhone 14/13? You can contact Apple support online or take your iPhone to the Apple Store to let the professionals have a check.
Bonus Tip: An Easy Way to Add Music to iPhone 14/13
We can purchase and download music from Apple Music or iTunes Store. Besides, you may want to add some non-purchased songs to iPhone. However, as we all know, transferring data from computer to iPhone is not an easy task. You can let iTunes help you transfer music, photos or videos, but it will delete existing files.
Fortunately, iTunes is not the only way for iPhone data transfer. There is one tool called FoneTool can help you transfer music from computer to iPhone easily and quickly. It will not erase any existing songs or any other data.
How to Transfer Music from Computer to iPhone 14/13
1. Donwload and install FoneTool.
2. Launch the tool and connect your iPhone 13 to computer.
3. Click Phone Transfer > Go to PC to iPhone and click Start Transfer.
4. Click the arrow icon > Choose the songs you need.
5. Click Start Transfer to add music to iPhone.
→ Note: FoneTool also supports iPhone to computer transfer. You can let it help you transfer purchased or non-purchased music from iPhone to computer.
AirPods Pro not connecting to iPhone 14/13 problem is most likely related to connection or software issues. Did the troubleshooting tips above help? For any queries and feedback, please feel free to leave a comment to tell us.