iCloud is a safe server for iPhone users to store data or backups. Besides, it is also the remote control panel when your iPhone is not in your hand.
If you sell your old iPhone to other people, you need to erase your data before giving the device to him/her. After all, your private data shouldn’t be exposed to a stranger. Even when you use an old iPhone to exchange the latest iPhone, Apple would also require you to delete all the iPhone data before you ship the device.
If your iPhone is not in your hand because you have shipped it to another place or it is stolen. You still have the chance to erase iPhone online. The next sections will tell you how to erase iPhone from iCloud.
Section 1. How to erase iPhone from iCloud?
Apple gives chance to users to remotely erase iPhone data to protect data from being spied by others. If you don’t erase iPhone, your data would also be comparatively safe because they cannot unlock the screen unless they enter the right passcode. After too many wrong passwords have been tried, iPhone would be disabled so your data would never be stolen.
Before you erase iPhone, you could use Find My to try locating or retrieving your iPhone. After you completely wipe your iPhone data, you would be not able to locate the device anymore.
How to erase iPhone in browser?
In this way, you need to complete the process on your computer.
1. Open your browser and go to www.icloud.com.
2. You need to sign in with the same Apple ID of the target iPhone.
Note: Usually, iCloud would ask a Verification Code to sign in with two-factor authentication. The verification code would be sent to your iPhone or iPad. If you don’t have a device in your hand, you can choose to receive the verification code from a text message or phone call.
3. After you sign in iCloud, select Trust This Browser so you don’t need verification code next time. Select Find iPhone in the box.
4. Then you need to click All Devices to list all the iOS devices signed in with the same Apple ID. Select the target iPhone and click Erase This Device. You would be asked to confirm Erase this iPhone. Select Erase and enter your password to erase it.
How to remotely erase iPhone on another iPhone?
If you have a friend using iPhone, you can use Find My app on his device to remotely wipe iPhone without iCloud. Just need to enter the app, select Help a Friend, and then you could sign in your Apple ID to erase your device.
If you own another iPhone, you could also remove a device from Apple ID in Settings.
1. On your another device, go to Settings.
2. Tap your avatar to show your account information.
3. Scroll down the screen to view the list of all your iOS devices. Select the target iPhone.
4. View the details and tap Remove from account at bottom.
Section 2. How to erase everything on iPhone on computer?
Sometimes you need to delete iPhone data even when it is in your hand because you want to clear iPhone storage or fix some system issues. To make the process always safe and smooth, you need a professional tool.
FoneTool would always make you satisfied because it could be used to save the important data before you erase iPhone and then help you erase everything on iPhone. If you use common ways to erase iPhone, you would be required to activate iPhone again with your Apple ID but if you use FoneTool, iPhone would be automatically activated.
Steps to erase iPhone with FoneTool:
Step 1. Download and install FoneTool. Connect iPhone to computer with USB cable.
Step 2. Select Toolbox > Erase iPhone on the Interface.
Step 3. Check “I have understood the consequence of erasing data and I am sure to erase data.” Check “Automatically activated iPhone and ignore initial settings.” to quickly start to use your iPhone then.
Step 4. Click Erase Data to delete everything.
If you lost control of your iPhone, you can erase iPhone from iCloud to prevent your private data from been stolen by bad people. The above content has given you the detailed steps to remotely erase iPhone. You can easily complete the process.
FoneTool is able to backup and erase iPhone and automatically activate it so that it is the most convenient way to erase iPhone.
Share this guide and it could help more people.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad