It is very common to have duplicate photos on iPhone or Android phone. We usually take lots of similar photos in order to get the best one. In addition, we sometimes duplicate photos on iPhone/Android so that we can edit the duplicated copy without worrying about losing the original one.
However, before you know it, you will find your phone filled with duplicate or similar photos. These duplicate photos not only take up unnecessary storage space but can also make it difficult to manage photo library. What’s worse, the phone may become slower and slower due to lack of space. It’s time to delete duplicate photos in camera roll to free up space!
What’s the Best Way to Delete Duplicate Photos on Camera Roll?
Generally speaking, you can manually delete duplicate photos on camera roll: go through each photo to find the duplicates and delete them. However, this is a time-consuming way, especially if you have a large photo library. Fortunately, there are many tools that can help you quickly delete all duplicate photos in camera roll.
If you don't want to install any software on your phone, then you can use one PC-based tool such as FoneTool. Its Photo Deduplication feature can help you find and delete duplicate photos on iPhone and Android in no time at all.
✓ It will perform a complete scan to find all duplicate/similar photos based on photo contrast technique.
✓ It will list all original images with all duplicates, then you can select and delete all unwanted photos.
✓ It allows you to backup photos before you delete them from device so that you can recover them quickly.
✓ The Photo Deduplication not only can delete duplicate photos on camera roll but also can find duplicate photos on computer, external hard drive, USB flash drive.
All you have to do is connect iPhone or Android phone to computer and then Photo Deduplication tool will help you find and delete duplicate photos in camera roll.
You can click the download button to get the tool:
How to Delete Duplicate Photos in Camera Roll
If you want to find duplicate photos on iPhone, you should choose Scan iOS Device to quickly filter out all duplicate and similar photos.
Steps to Delete Duplicate Photos in iPhone Camera Roll
1. Launch FoneTool and connect iPhone to computer via the USB cable.
2. Click Toolbox > Choose Photo Deduplication option.
3. Click Scan iOS Device.
4. Set the filter date range as per your needs > Click Start scanning.
5. When the scanning is finished, it will list all duplicate and similar photos on your iPhone. You can click the Delete button to remove unwanted photos.
- If you're worried about accidentally deleting important photos, you can click the Migrate to button to move selected photos to computer.
- Warning: Migrating photos to another place will also delete the photos on the selected path.
FoneTool is a professional iOS data management tool that supports data backup and transfer. You can let it help you transfer photos, music, videos, etc., from iPhone to computer and then delete them from iPhone to free up space.
How to Delete Duplicate Photos in Gallery
If you want to delete duplicate photos on Android, you should choose Scan Computer to find duplicate and similar photos.
Steps to Delete Duplicate Photos in Samsung Gallery
1. Download, install and launch FoneTool.
2. Connect your Android phone to computer and make it show in This PC.
- When you connect Android phone to computer, a notification will appear on the screen. Tap that notification and choose File Transfer, Transfer Files or something like that.
- You will also see a notification on your computer and ask you what you want to do with your new USB device. Choose Open device to view files or something like that.
3. Choose Photo Deduplication.
4. Select Scan Computer option.
5. Click Add Folder to set your gallery.
6. Click Start scanning.
If the selected path contains some subfolder, please check “Scan Subfolder” at the lower corner of the interface.
7. Then you can click the Delete button to delete duplicate photos in gallery. Or you can choose to move photos to computer.
That’s all about how to delete duplicate photos in camera roll. To save time and energy, you can take advantage of Photo Deduplication tool to help you make it quickly.
One phone can't hold all the photos. To ensure that there is always enough space on the phone, you may choose to backup photos to computer, flash drive, external hard drive, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad