Recover Recently or Permanently Deleted Emails Outlook
Permanently deleted emails in Outlook? Don’t be panic! You will get several methods below to recover permanently deleted emails in Outlook.
Accidentally Deleted Outlook Emails
“Oh, no! I can't believe it! I accidentally deleted some really important emails! How in the world can I recover them? Is it possible to recover permanently deleted emails in Outlook? ”
The deleted emails will be kept in the “Deleted Items” folder for 30 days. In addition, even if you empty this folder, it still gives you a chance to recover permanently deleted emails in Outlook from the exchange server. So just relax, whether it’s deleted recently or permanently, you can recover deleted items in Outlook. Let's delve into the details!
How to Recover Recently Deleted Outlook Emails
If you delete some crucial Outlook emails recently, you can try to get them back in the “Delete Items” folder. They will remain there until being permanently deleted.
1. Open your MS Outlook and navigate to the "Deleted Items" folder in your mailbox.
2. Locate and right-click the deleted emails and select the "Move" option.
3. Finally, select a folder from the options provided and save your emails there. To be sure your emails are recovered successfully, you still need to check the selected folder.
How to Recover Permanently Deleted Outlook Emails
If you empty the “Delete Items” folder or the emails are permanently deleted, MS Outlook still offers you a way to recover them in this folder. If you can’t find the deleted emails, try professional data recovery software to get them back.
Way 1: Recover Deleted Outlook Emails from Deleted Items
1. Log in to your Microsoft Outlook account and access the "Deleted Items" folder. If it’s empty, your emails may be permanently deleted.
2. Then, click on the "Folder" tab and select the "Recover Deleted Items" option.
3. Microsoft will then recover permanently deleted emails in Outlook from their exchange server and display a list of emails in the popup window. Select the deleted email(s) and click "Restore Selected Items" >"OK".
4. Outlook will start the recovery process and the recovered emails will be put back in the Deleted Items folder. You can then move them to the “Inbox” or other folder.
Way 2: Restore Deleted Emails in Outlook with Data Recovery Software
If you ever save your important emails on a local folder, try professional data recovery software like MyRecover. It is able to recover emails and more than 200+ file types, such as Word Word documents, Excel files, PowerPoint, photos, audios, videos, emails, webpages, compressed files, etc.
- Has a high success rate and fast recovery speed.
- The recovered emails will retain their original file name, path, format, and quality.
- Recover deleted emails from internal or external disks, flash drives, SD cards, etc.
- Handle all-inclusive data loss scenarios, such as accidental deletion, virus infection, formatted disk, and more.
- Support Windows 7, 8, 10, 11, etc, and Windows Server.
Besides, this software has a user-friendly interface, which makes the data recovery process smooth. You don't need any technical knowledge to use it effortlessly. Please download it to have a try!
Step 1. Install and launch professional Windows data recovery software - MyRecover. Select the drive containing deleted emails and click the Start Scan button.
Step 2. It will run two advanced scanning methods - Quick Scan & Deep Scan automatically and display all the deleted files including emails on the selected disk. You can filter and preview emails on the disk. Here are two methods:
- Click Filter and select a file type, such as Mails. Then, type file name or file extension in the Search for files or folders box.
- Expand the Deleted Files tab and go to the folder containing deleted emails.
Step 3. Select all the deleted emails and click the Recover x files button. You will then be asked to select a location. Please select a new location instead of the original location.
- The restore button will display the number of selected emails and their full size. You can use it to determine the integrity of the recovered emails
- Saving the recovered emails to original location may cause data corruption or further data loss.
- You can recover permanently deleted emails in Outlook for free, up to 30MB each time. Try advanced editions if you want to recover all emails.
- Except for recovering deleted emails in Outlook, you can also use it to recover delete emails from Yahoo, restore Google emails, etc.
Bonus Tips to Prevent Outlook Emails from Being Deleted
Outlook not only provides you with several ways to recover deleted Outlook emails but also offers you the Auto Archiving feature to keep copies of your emails. This feature is available in the Outlook app on the Desktop.
In addition, there is something you can do to protect your Outlook emails.
- Double-check your emails before deleting them.
- Don’t delete emails permanently unless you are extremely sure it's useless.
- Backup outlook emails automatically. It gives you a chance to get files back from backup images. Try Outlook emails backup software - AOMEI Backupper.
You may just want to clear junk emails in the Inbox folder but accidentally deleted some important emails. Anyway, there are several methods to get them back, even for recovering delete Outlook emails.
The recently deleted emails can be recovered from the “Deleted Items” folder while permanently deleted emails are from their exchange server. Or You can try a specialized data recovery software like MyRecover. Finally, don’t forget to take appropriate measures to protect your important emails and consider implementing regular backups for added security.