How to Recover Data from Unformatted Xbox Hard Drive
Want to recover data from unformatted Xbox hard drive? This post aims to help you fix this Xbox issue. You can recover data from Xbox hard drive with some tips here as well.
Xbox hard drive is unformatted!
I ran into this problem today. As soon as I started my Xbox 360 a window pop up telling me that there was an update that I needed to install to continue using Xbox Live. I click on yes and another box appeared telling me that I have no storage space to install the update when in fact I have a 500 GB hard drive. I went to my settings and checked my storage devices and it says Unformatted.
- Case from Microsoft Community
Why did you receive such a message from Xbox? Generally, there is a failure in a significant part of the HDD. Thus, you will get a message saying Unformatted to remind you of this problem. At this point in time, you can not access data on the Xbox hard drive.
What you can do is find a way to recover data from unformatted Xbox hard drive to make sure that your Xbox games can run formally. You are at the right place now. We will tell you how to recover data from Xbox 360 hard drive and other types of Xbox hard drives in the following part.
How to recover data from unformatted Xbox hard drive?
MyRecover has powerful recovery features and techniques that can solve many data loss recovery issues for you.
You can see some exclusive advantages of MyRecover software:
Here comes the easy guideline to recover data via MyRecover. It can be suitable for many issues to recover files from unformatted hard drive.
1. Download MyRecover on your computer. Connect your Xbox hard drive to your computer. Then, choose the option that represents your Xbox hard drive on this page. Click on Start Scan to scan it.
2. MyRecover will perform Quick Scan and Deep Scan at the same time. You can see all deleted files and lost files here. You do not need to wait for the scanning process to complete.
3. Tick all the files that you need to recover. Click on the Recover x files button and choose a secure location to save the recovered files.
Other tips to recover data from Xbox hard drive
If there is no serious data damage or loss in your Xbox hard drive, how to recover data from Xbox One hard drive or other Xbox hard drives? Bonus tips for it are provided in the following part.
Tip 1. Restart Xbox
When you need to recover data from your Xbox hard drive, the first method you can try is to restart your Xbox. Follow the easy steps here to do it.
1. Click on the Xbox button on the Xbox controller.
2. You will see a menu popping up on your screen. Navigate to the Profile & System page > Settings > General > Power options > Restart console, and choose the Yes option.
Tip 2. Recover data from the cloud
If you have signed into Xbox Live, it will save all your Xbox games data on the cloud by syncing. To recover data from Xbox, you can try to find it from Cloud Saved Games. Follow the brief tutorial to operate it.
1. Click on settings > System in turn.
2. Go to the Storage tab, and choose Cloud Saved Games here.
3. If you have not enabled this feature, press the Enable Cloud Saved Games option. After that, you can get cloud game saves from your Xbox games easily.
Written in the end
That’s all about how to recover data from unformatted Xbox hard drive. We have provided the best data recovery software for Windows - MyRecover in this passage. No matter under what circumstances you lost data, MyRecover can help you to get your lost data back with a few clicks.