Pictures Won’t Download to Computers? Fixed!
Pictures won’t download to computers? Get corresponding solutions to solve the issue of photo downloads/transfers on this page. Moreover, you can also get relevant data loss prevention tips.
- Why won’t my pictures to my computer?
- Scenario 1. Download photos from Windows PCs
- Scenario 2. Download/transfer pictures from iPhone to computer
- Wrapping up
Why won’t my pictures to my computer?
Downloading and transferring everyday activities for most users. However, some users have said their pictures won’t download to computers.
Why can’t I download pictures to my computer? More importantly, how do I download my photos to my computer? Thanks.
If you’re also bothered by these problems, please read further.
Besides, phones have changed the way how we live and work. Plenty of users also ask questions: how do I download pictures from my phone to my personal computer? So there’re two scenarios for you.
Possible reasons about pictures won’t download to computers
✍Damaged cables: If the cable is broken, its import will not work. Let alone transferring or saving data.
✍Poor Wi-Fi: Unstable internet connection could discourage you from downloading or transferring photos.
✍Permission settings: With access rights, you’re allowed to read, write, or perform other executions. If not, you’ll have no permission to download or transfer photos to PCs.
✍Malware infection: Harmful malware or viruses could cause files automatically delete themselves. After that, there might be no sign of your desired pictures.
Scenario 1. Download photos from Windows PCs
As the name reveals, this scenario aims to guide you to download photos from Windows computers directly.
1. Check & modify computers’ permissions
As mentioned above, access rights are designed to help users modify settings or execute advanced performances. Please refer to the following steps.
Step 1. Right-click on the folder where to save your desired downloaded photos > select Properties and Security.
Step 2. Locate your username and click the “Edit” button.
Step 3. Check the Allow box beside Full Control, then click Apply > OK.
2. Perform Restore Default settings for the Pictures folder
Pictures won’t download to computers! Perhaps you can restore your Pictures directory to its default location to fix this issue. Let’s show how it works.
Step 1. Press “Win + E” to open File Explorer. Then right-click on Pictures and select the “Properties” option.
Step 2. Under the Location tab, click the “Restore Default” button. Then click Apply > OK to save these changes.
3. Recover deleted photos from computers via photo recovery software
Undeniably, users cannot download deleted photos because they’ve been removed from your Windows OS. So can you recover deleted photos from computers to reappear them?
Since several users have never taken data loss prevention measures like backups, there’s no better way than using professional photo recovery software like MyRecover.
- Powerful features: Recover deleted & lost MS Office files, folders, compressed files, photos, videos, audio, and hundreds of file types from HDD, USB, SD cards, etc.
- Easy-to-find: During Quick Scan and Deep Scan, you can search your desired folders by Path, Filename, Date, etc.
- Convenient: Retain the original Path, Filename, and Format for the deleted files.
- Excellent compatibility: Support NTFS, FAT32, exFAT, and ReFS file systems.
Download MyRecover on your Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, or Windows Server computer to recover deleted & missing pictures!
Step 1. After running MyRecover, select the partition that saves your needed pictures. Then click the “Start Scan” button.
Step 2. You can quickly locate your desired image files or wait to view all the deleted & lost files after the scanning process.
Step 3. Go to the Deleted Files/Recycle Bin/Other Missing Files folder and select the pictures you want to restore. Then click the “Recover x files” button.
Scenario 2. Download/transfer pictures from iPhone to computer
My photos won’t import to my PC! Both Android and Apple users often complain about this. Let’s take iOS devices as an example.
1. Download pictures from iCloud.com
iPhone users can go to iCloud.com to download photos because the same Apple account can sync all the data across different Apple devices.
Please go to Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > APPS USING ICLOUD to see if you’ve activated iCloud Photos or not. Without iCloud Photos, there might be no sign of your desired pictures. Then you’d better embrace the following iOS backup and transfer tool.
After turning on iCloud Photos, you can refer to the following steps.
Step 1. Go to iCloud.com with the same Apple account.
Step 2. Select “Photos” in the main interface.
Step 3. Select your wanted image files and click the “Download selected items” button. Then a compressed file named iCloud Photos will be downloaded to your computer.
2. Transfer photos from iPhone to computer via iOS transfer software
Although iCloud is a pretty convenient way to sync data, Apple only provides free 5GB storage space. Especially for photographers, the size naturally cannot meet their needs. So why not seek help from professional iOS transfer tools like FoneTool?
- ★ Powerful features, stable transmission, easy-to-use, and time-saving:
- Transfer the whole data/partial data (Photos, Music, Videos, Contacts, or Messages) from iPhone to PC/iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, etc.
- Preview all the files and choose your needed data before backing up or transferring.
- With a valuable Full Backup or Custom Backup, you can restore your iOS devices without losing data.
- As an iPhone Eraser, it’s possible for you to permanently remove apps from your iPhone.
- Support iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12/12 Mini/SE 2022/2020, other types of iOS devices, iPad, iPad Touch, etc.
Step 1. Download FoneTool on your Windows PC and connect your iPhone to the PC. Please “Trust This Computer” when you’re asked.
Step 2. After entering the main interface, under the Phone Transfer tab, select the “Start Transfer” option.
Step 3. Click “+” to preview the image files you want to import.
Step 4. Select the photos you desire to import and click the “OK” button.
Step 5. After locating a saved path on your computer, click the “Start Transfer” button.
Are your pictures won’t download to computers? Or are you wondering why my photos won’t import to my PC? Please get solutions from the corresponding scenarios.
In brief, if you’re eager to recover photos from computers without backups, using photo recovery software like MyRecover could be the top choice. On the contrary, if you want to transfer iPhone data through computers, FoneTool is the most recommended utility.
Besides, there’re some relevant data loss preventions and suggestions for you.
- Please think twice before deletion.
- Don’t empty your desktop Recycle Bin and the Recently Deleted folder randomly.
- Cultivate a good habit of making file/partition/disk/system backups using this free backup software for Windows because only backups are the best hedge against data loss.
- If you want to recover old deleted photos from iOS devices, use AOMEI Data Recovery for iOS to perform iPhone permanently deleted photo recovery.