Lazesoft Data Recovery Review: More Details in 2023
In the Lazesoft review, you can know Lazesoft Data Recovery in different aspects so that you can make a decision to choose it or not.
- Exploring Lazesoft Data Recovery's Features
- Extensive File Type Recovery
- Step-by-Step Data Recovery Processvia Lazesoft
- Customer Feedback on Lazesoft Data Recovery
- Exploring an Alternative to Lazesoft Data Recovery
- Concluding Thoughts on Lazesoft Data Recovery
Navigating the crowded arena of data recovery software, where each one boasts of being the best, can be a daunting task. In this Lazesoft review, we delve into a straightforward data retrieval tool promising to recover lost or deleted data from any storage medium.
The tool employs an intuitive wizard-based interface, catering to users of all levels. However, the software's dated design raises questions about its ability to keep pace with modern standards.
Exploring Lazesoft Data Recovery's Features
In such a Lazesoft Data Recovery review, let’s get to know some key features of it.
Clear User Interface
Upon launching Lazesoft Data Recovery, you are greeted with a welcome screen and presented with four recovery modes: Fast Scan, Undelete, Unformat, and Deep Scan. While their purposes are apparent, let's take a closer look at each:
- Fast Scan: Ideal for scanning compromised storage mediums.
- Deep Scan: A more thorough search for files not found by Fast Scan.
- Undelete: Tailored for accidentally deleted or bin-emptied files.
- Unformat: Designed for recently reformatted storage mediums.
Beyond these modes, advanced options, such as filters and partition management, are available. The software's basic functions are user-friendly, but novices may find the advanced settings challenging to grasp. Unfortunately, Lazesoft's official guides may not sufficiently assist inexperienced users. Visually, Lazesoft Data Recovery appears outdated and would benefit from a modern facelift.
Creating a Bootable Data Recovery Disk
When faced with a non-bootable operating system due to disk failure or system crashes, Lazesoft Data Recovery's "Burn CD/USB Disk" feature comes to the disk boot failure.
This function enables the creation of a bootable disk for accessing your PC or laptop and recovering crucial files without the need to boot the operating system.
This feature is compatible with popular desktop and laptop brands like HP, Dell, Lenovo, and more. It auto-matches your OS version but allows manual selection. You can also customize options, such as WinPE version and file system type, making it user-friendly, especially for non-tech-savvy users.
Versatility Across Multiple Operating Systems
Lazesoft Data Recovery extends its support to a wide array of operating systems, including Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, and various server editions. Additionally, a Mac-specific version is available, though this review focuses on the Windows recovery variant.
File Preview Feature
Lazesoft Data Recovery stands out by allowing file previews before initiating the recovery process. This prevents unnecessary recovery of unidentified or potentially unsafe files, streamlining the search and saving both time and disk space.
Extensive File Type Recovery
Lazesoft Data Recovery exhibits impressive flexibility in retrieving various file types, encompassing documents (e.g., .docx, .xls, .txt, .pdf), images, videos, and audio files.
Step-by-Step Data Recovery Processvia Lazesoft
After installing and launching the program, the welcome screen prompts you to select a recovery mode. In the free version, the "Burn CD/USB Disk" is the additional accessible feature for creating a bootable disk in case of OS issues.
1. Click "Start Recovery" which returns you to the welcome screen to commence data recovery.
2. Results can be displayed by "path" or "file type," which follows the OS directory structure.
Viewing results by "file type" organizes recoverable data into folders by file extension, simplifying file type-specific browsing.
3. Select the files or folders for recovery by marking the appropriate checkboxes and clicking "Save Files" to choose the recovery destination.
The program's retrieval speed depends on the storage type and destination.
Customer Feedback on Lazesoft Data Recovery
Before committing your funds to a file recovery tool or any purchase, insights from actual users can be invaluable. Below, you'll find recurring strengths and weaknesses shared by those who've experienced Lazesoft Data Recovery:
👍 Positive Aspects:
- User-Friendly Interface: Lazesoft Data Recovery excels in its simplicity, ensuring that even those with limited tech-savvy can navigate it without a hitch.
- Unrestricted Free Versions: The program's free editions don't impose any recovery limitations, allowing users to explore its capabilities fully.
- Versatile Data Recovery: This tool shines in retrieving deleted files from an array of storage devices, including SD cards, hard disks, and flash drives.
- One-Time Payment: Instead of recurring subscriptions, the paid versions of the application require a single payment, providing cost-efficiency.
- Bootable Recovery CD/USB Disk: The inclusion of this feature proves immensely beneficial in dire situations.
- File Preview Function: Offering a preview of files before recovery streamlines the process, saving users both time and effort.
- File Type-Based Browsing: The ability to categorize results by file type proves invaluable when dealing with substantial amounts of similar data.
👎 Negative Aspects:
- Outdated Interface: The program's interface is notably outdated, warranting a substantial upgrade to align with modern standards.
- Inconsistent File Recovery: Users have reported occasional issues with the functionality of recovered files, suggesting room for improvement.
- Complex Advanced Features: The advanced options lack clear explanations, and the official online guides are not sufficiently user-friendly, leaving room for enhanced guidance.
- Late Detection of New Storage Devices: The program sometimes fails to recognize storage mediums connected after its initial launch, requiring a program restart for proper detection.
Exploring an Alternative to Lazesoft Data Recovery
If you're not satisfied with Lazesoft in some aspects and are in search of an alternative to Lazesoft Data Recovery, MyRecover presents itself as a formidable contender.
MyRecover offers powerful features, a user-friendly interface, and robust customer support. It aims to recover lost and deleted files from various storage devices, including hard drives, SSDs, USB drives, and SD cards.
Supports recovery of 200+ file formats, including 42 image file types.
Retains original file formats, filenames, directories, and sizes for recovered files in the Deleted Files folder.
Allows pausing, filtering, and previewing during scanning.
Lacks support for Mac and Linux operating systems.
Here are the steps for using MyRecoverto recover deleted files from hard drives:
Step 1: Begin by installing and launching MyRecover on your Windows system. Choose the drive where your desired files were stored before the data loss occurred. Click on "Start Scan" to initiate the scanning process.
Step 2: Once you've initiated the scan by clicking "Start Scan," MyRecover will automatically execute both the Quick Scan and Deep Scan functions to identify all potentially recoverable files on your selected drive.
Step 3: After the scanning process is complete, navigate to the "Deleted Files/Recycle Bin/Other Missing Files" folder. Here, you can handpick the specific files you wish to recover. Click on "Recover x files" to commence the recovery process.
Concluding Thoughts on Lazesoft Data Recovery
In summary, Lazesoft Data Recovery emerges as a competent data recovery tool, delivering on its promises for the most part. Its ease of use, efficiency, and the added ability to create a boot disk for non-bootable operating systems make it a valuable tool.
However, its dated interface, inconsistent recovery results, and lack of user-friendly documentation pose certain drawbacks. Thus, you can consider turning to use the great Lazesoft Data Recovery alternative MyRecover.