Perform Windows 10 Recovery Without Losing Data With Ease
To perform Windows 10 recovery without losing data, please read on this page to get more useful information.
Can I reset my computer without losing data?
Not sure if this is the right sub but I know how helpful and knowledgeable you guys can be. I'm trying to give my laptop to a family member in need of one for school, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about it. It's a bit older (3-4 years?) and I've got a bunch of junk on there that they wouldn't care for and it's likely bogging down the laptop. What’s the best way to go about giving her a fresh and recover Windows 10 without losing data? Thanks guys!
For different reasons, you may choose to reset your computer. For example, to fix a system error or to clean up your computer to the best state, but you don't want to lose the data on your computer. Of course you can reset your computer without losing data. So, how to perform Windows 10 recovery without losing data? You can keep reading to refer to the following content here.
How to perform Windows 10 recovery without losing data
How to restore Windows 10 without losing data? You can use the Windows built-in feature: Reset this PC, which can help you to recover your Windows 10 PC to factory settings.
Once you choose keep your personal files, your data will not get lost. Just reinstall Windows 10 without losing data according to the easy steps:
1. Go to Windows Settings to choose UPDATE & SECURITY. In the Recovery section, choose Get Started under Reset this PC.
2. Choose the Keep my files option, then your personal files will be kept during the process of resetting. In this way, you can restore Windows without losing files.
How to recover deleted data in Windows 10
After knowing how to do Windows 10 recovery without losing data, do you know what to do if you accidentally lose your data during your Windows reset? We have also prepared effective solutions to how to recover lost data on Windows 10 here. After reading, you can choose the best one for your situation.
Way 1. Create Windows 10 recovery with a free software
The most direct way to create recovery in Windows 10 is to use a free easy data recovery software like MyRecover.
MyRecover is applicable to any data loss situation, such as your data is not in the Recycle Bin or you have never made a backup of your data. It can help you to find and recover your lost data successfully.
In addition, MyRecover has many shining advantages:
- Recover more than 200 types of data including documents, photos, videos, emails, Excel files, and so on.
- Maintain the filename, format, and path of the recovered data.
- Retrieve from different storage devices like recovering from external hard drive, local drive, SD card, USB flash drive, etc.
- Compatible perfectly with Windows 7/8/10/11 and Windows Server.
To perform Windows 10 recovery without effort, you can click on the Download Software button to get MyRecover on your PC. Then follow the easy 3-step guideline to recover your lost data:
1. In MyRecover, click the partition or disk where your data are lost. Next, click the Start Scan button to let it be scanned.
2. After Quick Scan and Deep Scan, you can see your deleted files and other missing files. To locate your files quickly, you can type your filename in the search box or use the Filter feature.
3. Choose a new location to store your recovered files and check the recovery results. After that, press the Recover X files button to perform Windows 10 recovery task.
Way 2. Create Windows 10 recovery via File History
File History is a Windows built-in backup tool. If you have enabled the backup feature on your Windows 10 PC before, you can recover lost files on Windows 10 easily. Here is the easy guideline to recover lost data from backup:
1. Go to Control Panel and select System and Security.
2. Choose File History here.
3. If your File History is ON, click on Restore personal files on the left menu. If your File History is OFF, you can try the first method to recover your data.
4. Choose the file that you want to recover and click on the Recycle icon.
Way 3. Create Windows 10 recovery using Windows File Recovery
There is another free data recovery tool that can be available on Windows 10 - Windows File Recovery. It can be helpful for you if you learn something about command-related expertise. But it is unfriendly for ordinary users because it does not provide a graphical user interface.
Compared with the software in Way 1, Windows File Recovery is not easy to use. You need to learn something about command line.
The command template is: winfr source-drive: destination-drive: [/mode] [/switches]
And you need to check the File system on your PC in This PC and choose Properties to see it.
Please select the correct mode according to the table below:
Now, you can follow the steps to download Windows File Recovery and use it to recover your lost data:
1. In Microsoft Store, find Windows File Recovery and choose Get.
2. In the Windows menu, find it and choose Run as administrator.
3. Type the proper command line and press the Enter key, for example, input winfr D: E: /extensive /n *paper* to recover your paper file from D drive to E drive. Then click Y to continue.
Written in the end
This guideline has told you how to perform Windows 10 recovery without losing data and detailed steps. What’s more, 3 efficient ways to recover lost data in Windows 10 are also introduced here. To find and recover your lost data quickly, please try the free best data recovery software called MyRecover directly.