Top 5 Salvage Data Recovery Alternatives (2023)
In this article, you can get the 5 best Salvage data recovery alternatives, including MyRecover, R-Studio, Disk Drill, PhotoRec and Recuva, along with details on features, pros, cons, and price. Read it!
About Salvage Data Recovery
SalvageData is a trusted data recovery service provider known for rescuing lost or damaged data from various devices. They specialize in recovering data from hard drives, SSDs, RAID systems, flash drives, and more.
📍 Services Offered by SalvageData
- Data recovery: SalvageData is skilled in recovering lost data caused by physical damage, errors, accidental deletion, missing files after Windows updates, or malware attacks, etc.
- RAID recovery: Their experts can rebuild RAID setups and retrieve data from RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, and RAID 10.
- Hard drive recovery: SalvageData can recover data from damaged hard drives, regardless of the brand or model.
- RAID repair and recovery: SalvageData provides RAID repair services and they can rebuild and restore damaged or failed RAID arrays, ensuring data integrity.
- SSD recovery: They can fix issues like controller failures, flash degradation, and firmware problems in SSDs.
- Digital forensics: SalvageData can extract and analyze data from digital devices while maintaining data integrity.
- Database recovery: Database files are critical for businesses. SalvageData offers database recovery services for various database systems, including SQL, Oracle, and more.
📍 Pros of SalvageData
- Specialized solutions: SalvageData stands out for its specialized knowledge and tailored solutions to diverse data recovery challenges.
- Trust and confidentiality: Clients can place their trust in SalvageData's commitment to confidentiality and data security.
📍 Cons of SalvageData
- High price: While SalvageData has transparent pricing, their services are still relatively more expensive compared to other data recovery alternatives. The price is $300 to over $1.900.
- Limited physical location: Not practical for users in inconvenient locations, and data cannot be recovered quickly and in a timely manner.
- Poor customer service: Many users complained about package loss in salvage data recovery reviews.
5 Best Alternatives to Salvage Data Recovery
If you are looking for a data recovery service in the comfort of your own home. Then SalvageData recovery is not for you. You need to submit your situation online and send the problematic disk to the Salvage Data lab, they will give you a quote and time to fix it.
Although the service is professional, you need to pay a high fee for emergency recovery. Otherwise, you need to wait 5-15 days. At the same time, the longer the recovery interval, the lower the success rate of data recovery. Instead of doing this, it is better to use online data recovery software to recover data as soon as it is lost.
Based on comprehensive considerations, we’ve picked the top 5 best alternatives to Salvage data recovery for you to simplify the process of recovering lost files. You can select the right product based on your specific requirements.
No 1. MyRecover
One of the best Salvage data recovery alternatives is MyRecover. It is a top Windows data recovery software for individuals and professionals. Powerful recovery features meet almost all your needs. It gets good reviews for its speed and high success rate in recovering the files you want.
- Multiple data loss scenarios
- Supports 200+ file types
- Automatically run quick scan and deep scan
- File filtering and preview
- Retain original file names, paths, and formats of deleted files
- Provide thorough results
- User-friendly interface
- Support Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 and Windows Server
- Have a high success rate and fast speed
- Offers free recovery for files up to 30MB
- cheap price but many recovery functions
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- No support for MacOS
- MyRecover Pro: $39.95
- MyRecover Technician: $99.00
- Please download this Windows data recovery software now. You can then follow the step-by-step guide in the next section to safely recover your data
Step 1. Install and run data recovery software - MyRecover. Choose the disk where you've lost your files and select Start Scan.
Step 2. It will run two advanced scanning methods Quick Scan & Deep Scan automatically and display all the found files on the selected disk. While scanning, you can search for specific files using various filters such as Size, Path, Date modified, and more.
Step 3. You will see a list of data that MyRecover found on the drive. Select your desired files to recover, and click Recover x files.
Step 4. Select a new location to save the recovered files and click Select Folder to confirm it. Your files will be recovered in a few minutes or longer, depending on the amount of data you want to recover.
No 2. R-Studio
R-Studio is a powerful data recovery software designed for professionals and industries. It uses advanced recovery algorithms to make it easy to retrieve data from damaged hard drives or partitions, even when dealing with complex data types like emails, maps, images, and videos.
- Capable of partition management and RAID Reconstruction
- Professional recovery algorithms
- Recover data over networks and the internet
- Offer emergency startup version
- File viewer
- Pro Hex editor
- Produce thorough and comprehensive results
- Includes disk sanitization feature
- Able to handle damaged or deleted partitions
- Not user-friendly for common users
- Limited file format preview capabilities
- Can’t recover files larger than 256kb
- Only recover data from FAT, exFAT and Ext2/3/4 file systems in the cheapest version $49.99
- R-Studio Technician: $899.00
- R-Studio Network: $179.99
- R-Studio: $79.99
- R-Studio NTFS: $59.99
- R-Studio FAT: $49.99
No 3. Disk Drill
Disk Drill is a top-rated data recovery choice known for its speed and high success rate in recovering files as well as its user-friendly interface. It offers a free edition to recover data up to 500MB and embed into the Recovery Vault and Drive backup features to improve your data security.
📍 Key Features:
- Support over 300+ file types
- S.M.A.R.T monitoring
- Preview files and recovery chances
- Ability to mount scan results as a folder
- Quick detection of lost drives using the partition search feature
- Excellent data protection and byte-to-byte backup features.
- File name is searchable
- Partition recovery function
- Offer free data recovery of up to 500MB in total
- Average scan speed
- No refunds available; purchases are final
- Price are relatively high
- Potential loss of filenames during recovery
- Disk Drill enterprise version: $499
- Disk Drill Professional version: $89
- Disk Drill basic version: Free (Up to 500 MBs)
No 4. PhotoRec
PhotoRec, an open-source file recovery software, has powerful file recovery capabilities and provides support for Windows, Mac, and Linux. From digital cameras to conventional hard drives, PhotoRec is a reliable solution, provided you can navigate its usage effectively.
📍 Key Features:
- Recover about 300 file families
- Compatible with major operating systems including Windows, macOS, Linux and more
- support multi-storage and file system
- Free and Open Source
- Retrieves various files, such as office documents, ZIP files, graphics, and HTML files
- Not suitable for beginners
- No preview function
- Automatically recover all files during scan
- Unable to restore file names and folder structure
- Free, open-source
No 5. Recuva
Recuva sets itself apart from other products with its simplicity and affordability. While it may recover fewer file types compared to some alternatives, its free edition allows for the recovery of 30 different file types, making it a budget-friendly choice.
📍 Key Features:
- Offer a preview screen for file preview
- Include a free edition
- Support multiple storage devices
- Compatible with commonly used file systems like FAT, exFAT, and NTFS
- Support about 30 file types
- Low price
- Availability of a free version
- Works with various storage devices
- No Mac support
- Only support about 30 file types
- Lack of active development and advanced features
- Limited support of recovering the original folder trees and file names
- Recuva professional version: $19.95
- Recuva basic version: Free
This article lists 5 excellent Salvage data recovery alternatives for you. Through comprehensive comparison, MyRecover emerges as the top choice due to its powerful features, high data recovery rate, and simple operation steps.
To avoid potential risks, it's smart to create a backup in advance. We suggest using Windows backup software like AOMEI Backupper Standard for automatic and regular data backups.